Options
    I’m here, still doing the do.
    Beautiful day out. I’m working 1-7.

Have a good day.

Lori
  • cjsunnyside
    cjsunnyside Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Back home and to my scale. I’m ecstatic! 159.9 this morning. That’s 9.5 from my goal. Golfed today for about 11000 or so steps. Cheese snack after golf and a good dinner. Until tomorrow!
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    How was your Tuesday? I golfed 36 holes
    Today and walked 18 of them so great last day of the month. Not the best eating today but I wasn’t home so did the best I could without a plan. That’s my check in. Bring on June!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Got my steps in for yesterday and as of today feel ready to add more steps in daily. My monthy average is really going up, and my back seems to be adjusting. Finally.

It was only so-so with food. Seems to be the norm.
    Another day when I ate on plan ALL DAY LONG and then blew it at night. I joke about going to bed early to stop this pattern; but I'm really thinking(hoping) a 5 or 6pm bedtime might keep me on track. How ridiculous is that??? So frustrating!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    Back from the vacay and did every bit as terrible as I suspected I might but I'm right back on track. The scale WILL cooperate! Eventually :joy:
  • walker1world
    walker1world Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    It has been awhile but I have found my way back to this app, let's hope the 5th or 6th time is the charm.

Given how hi gas prices are i need to find someway to save money might as well be Food. Lol
  • walker1world
    edited June 2022
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    Got my steps in for yesterday and as of today feel ready to add more steps in daily. My monthy average is really going up, and my back seems to be adjusting. Finally.

It was only so-so with food. Seems to be the norm.
    Another day when I ate on plan ALL DAY LONG and then blew it at night. I joke about going to bed early to stop this pattern; but I'm really thinking(hoping) a 5 or 6pm bedtime might keep me on track. How ridiculous is that??? So frustrating!

I was having a similar problem so i gave myself a harx cut off of 6 pm for food of any type. Just water after 6.

This works for me because I work from home. If i were still going into the office it would probably be 8pm.

It has turned into a form of interment fasting. Cause now i only drink water till noon. So i have a 6 hour eating window. I break my fast, around noon then later i eat a supper around 4.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Perfect keto and exercise day yesterday :+1:
  • natalielosew
    natalielosew Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

Started Keto in September - December, lost 45 lbs! Took a break over Christmas, and then a few things happened that really derailed me. My mother broke her hip (VERY bad break), my father was diagnosed with cancer, I got Covid, etc, etc, etc.... So here I am starting over again! Jun 01 was my "day 1" - I actually didn't gain too much (still down 41 lbs, woo!!). I am hoping to lose around 15 before a wedding in August.

Now that it is nicer out, I am incorporating about 30-60 minutes of daily walking - but I am wondering about IF. I hear its a great compliment to Keto but my husband and I are such all over the place eaters. Sometimes dinner is at 5PM, sometimes its 10. Does this affect the process at all? Or does a later dinner just mean a much later lunch next day?

Looking forward to more information, and hoping this thread keeps me accountable!
  • BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!
    So I’m starting at 225 approximately. My goal is around 175.
    Baconslave, I’m also peri menopausal. It’s no fun. I’ve been going through it now for years. My midsection is fluffier than ever. Haha.

Today is day 6! I haven’t weighed myself in a couple of days, I don’t want to get super obsessed, as that didn’t work well for me, prior. Maybe I’ll take measurements!

It was a good day. I’m sore, but I made work into a workout. I’m working at ALDI and I get paid to workout lol. So I’m focusing on making throwing produce a weight lifting activity by repetition. Cases of carrots and cantaloupes are great weights. 😂

This feels good and feels right.

Lori

@FrecklePatch

Must be nice to get paid to workout!☺️

Congrats on your new fitness journey and hope you reach your goals soon💫
  • BlissfulK
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Hello!
    I’ve returned after multiple failed attempts spanning about a decade.

I work a physical job now and the extra weight hurts. Pretty badly. I have about 65 pounds to lose. I’m on Day 5.

I’d like some friends! I would like encouragement and idea swaps.

Thanks for listening.
    Lori

You're back !
    16091a738bcba67952ba07c89001badd.gif

😂
  • BlissfulK
    Options
    Checking in! @baconslave congrats!
    @FrecklePatch welcome!
    Great day here too at the cottage. Omad today. Tacoless salad tonight. Busy helping mom de-clutter. Have a head cold as well not feeling too bad just annoying. Sun was out today, I didn’t make my mom cry (not a hoarders tv show calibre situation here but some work to do). No scale but I’ll be home Sunday to weigh in.
    Checking in! @baconslave congrats!
    @FrecklePatch welcome!
    Great day here too at the cottage. Omad today. Tacoless salad tonight. Busy helping mom de-clutter. Have a head cold as well not feeling too bad just annoying. Sun was out today, I didn’t make my mom cry (not a hoarders tv show calibre situation here but some work to do). No scale but I’ll be home Sunday to weigh in.

@cjsunnyside

Hope it well, a clean space is always refreshing ☺️
  • BlissfulK
    Options
    ageage22 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone
    I start from telling you that I was part of this group years ago. I was pretty successful… then life happens, Covid…
    I lost over 40 lb last time, without any problems, then I fallen down this wagon and get like half of this back. Part of it is that I was diagnosed with RA, And started with Humira. That didn’t help either…
    Once I learn about this diagnosis, I decided to go back to school and do my masters, so I can go away from the bedside ( I’m a registered nurse). My weight got up and down. Last summer I was trying keto again, but it just didn’t work for me… - no scratch that: I didn’t work with the rules. Anyway I quit. Now this January I got Covid, and it was really really bad… I spend home 8 weeks, and still even now feel like a sht…
    Anyway, 3 days ago I decided I’m back.
    I think I’m doing good this time, so far the scale is going down, I’m drinking 1 gallon of H2O per day, use kitchen scale to assure portions sizes.
    Have 6 more weeks of my double master program, a lot of stress with that, then work and adding to it family… it’s not easy ( but then, when it is easy?)
    I’m 47, have ideally 40 lb to lose. My younger son is going to college this August… first year- freshman… He decided on college about 700 miles away from home. So that’s another stressor.
    But I’m committed now.
    I use MFP to log in my call and macros. I’m trying to keep the intermittent fasting 16/8. But this not always works since I work 12 hours day shift, an I often go out with my hobby for dinner after work. I also have a problem to actually stay in my call requirements. I’m mostly bellow it, since I’m not hungry, and there is only this 8 hours eating window… how much you can eat… I know, I’m getting there…
    What about exercise?
    I do yoga since beginning of this year, after my Covid, but after I transition myself well into this life style again, I think I will start weights…
    I think it will help.

Hope to hear more from your journeys.
    A.

@ageage22

Welcome back to your fitness/ health journey!

Since you’re in a high stress environment with school and long hours at work. You should focus on de stressing methods and befriend those who have the same mindset as you concerning fitness, diet, and active lifestyles.

Healthy Keto is amazing with Intermittent Fasting because your hunger goes away if done right for most people. During studying I know it can be difficult to not snack to stay up for exams, etc. Studying early morning instead of late night would be better, to burn the cals from possible snacking during the day.

Make a calendar for your study time in relationship to work, other tasks, and meal time(s). The more organized you are, it decreases stress for most people.

I hope you excel in your masters program and reach all your health goals💫
  • BlissfulK
    edited June 2022
    Options
    It’s Saturday. I’m on Day 5 of a six day work week. So I’m dragging a&&.
    I’ve been waking up with a headache, I’m assuming it’s the physical job and electrolyte imbalance. I recall before I had to consume a ridiculous amount of sodium to keep that imbalance under control. The thing is, when I wake with a headache, and chug salt water, it makes me sick to my stomach. Meh, oh poor me. 🤣

I can’t remember what day I’m on anymore. It’s not that important. I’m getting into the swing of it, is what matters.

I think I’m developing arthritis in my hips, it’s a family affair. The weight loss should ease some of that, fingers crossed.

Anywho, happy day my friends!

Lori

@FrecklePatch

What type of salt are you using?

You should a quality sea salt like Redmans, Celtic sea salt, or pink Himalayan salt. They have more trace minerals to be in balance with sodium. Need a balance of sodium, potassium, and magnesium.

Many people are deficient in Magnesium like vitamin D. You can check with your provider to check for any deficiencies.

If you know you’re deficient, you should take magnesium citrate or eat foods high in magnesium and potassium. You’ll feel a lot better 😊
  • BlissfulK
    Options
    Hi guys!

Started Keto in September - December, lost 45 lbs! Took a break over Christmas, and then a few things happened that really derailed me. My mother broke her hip (VERY bad break), my father was diagnosed with cancer, I got Covid, etc, etc, etc.... So here I am starting over again! Jun 01 was my "day 1" - I actually didn't gain too much (still down 41 lbs, woo!!). I am hoping to lose around 15 before a wedding in August.

Now that it is nicer out, I am incorporating about 30-60 minutes of daily walking - but I am wondering about IF. I hear its a great compliment to Keto but my husband and I are such all over the place eaters. Sometimes dinner is at 5PM, sometimes its 10. Does this affect the process at all? Or does a later dinner just mean a much later lunch next day?

Looking forward to more information, and hoping this thread keeps me accountable!

@natalielosew

Congrats on keeping up with your fitness during a very busy period!

You heard right. Healthy Keto with IF is an amazing combo in reaching fitness/health goals.

I currently do Keto and IF. Your meals will depend on your eating window.

1. Decide if you want to eat one meal a day (OMAD), 2 meals a day (2MAD), or 3 meals a day (3MAD).
    2. Decide your eating window 4 hours, 6 hour, or 8 hours. Don’t recommend anything higher than 8 hours

16:8, 18:6, 20:4 - The number to the left shows the amount of hours you’re fasting. The right number shows your eating window. You will see this notation in the fasting community.

There is a really nice app called Zero that helps with fast tracking and has more detailed info on fasting for fitness/health

Depending on the type of fast you choose and amount of meals, you should plan your meals based on your eating window.

For example if I want your eating window from 7am to 11 am, your meal for that time. If you choose 8am to 4pm (8 hours) you can plan breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

The important thing to note is to refrain from snacking. Try to stick to only eating your meals at planned times.

Snacking leads to weight gain. Research has shown frequently stimulating insulin (it is stimulated when you eat most foods) leads to weight gain. This is why Keto and IF is an amazing combo!

Hope this has been helpful and you reach your fitness/health goals☺️
  • baconslave
    Options
    Hi guys!

Keto works just fine without IF. But a lot of folks feel like it works well for them with their personal preference of eating time. I tend to be snacky all the way up to bed, so I fast in the morning so I can keep my calorie deficit easier and still get to munch when I have the munchies. IF may or may not work well for you if you and your husband are more unpredictable. I'd keep it in your back pocket though and try it if you start to have trouble keeping your deficit.

Adjusting to an IF schedule can be tricky for some people. I had to ease into it, increasing my fasting window in increments. Now I never eat until 2-3pm. I have a very small lunch to fuel a workout after. Then dinner later, and a snack before bed. And then I'm done until 2 the next day. I've tried to do a 18:6 or a 20:4 but I need the fuel for my strength workouts specifically.

I never did IF until I was about 20lb to goal weight on my original weightloss, when our bodies need less so calorie intake gets to a point where you need to adhere strictly or not lose. I have about 3lb left to relose after Covid Quarantine stress kicked my butt, and I regained 20lb. :unamused:

Anyway, hope some of that is helpful. :smile:
  • baconslave
    Options
    alrighty then. The damage is 170.6.
    Let's go.
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    Checking in. Kind of another snacks day. Not bad just that I have nuts in the house so instead of feeling satisfied until dinner which is normal I can’t survive without a snack 🤷🏻‍♀️ I know it’s totally in my head. Anyway no harm in the scale this morning after my popcorn treat last night we will see what tomorrow brings. Also I’ve made a doctor appt for Monday. I’m having this weird feeling in my abdomen lately. It comes and goes. Not pain per say more like pressure. Left side just under my ribs. At first I thought it was my tummy grumbling you know, maybe I was hungry but sometimes it’s while I’m eating. It’s probably nothing but my whole purpose is to be more healthy so it seems dumb to continue to ignore it. Might as well check it out. Anyway golfing inbb b the morning again. Yay!
  • walker1world
    Options
    Hi guys!

Life has a way of letting us know as bad as we think things are, they can be worse. I am really sorry about the chain of unfortunate events that happen in your life. But the important part, you came back.