Daily check-in for keto friends... volume 4

Options

Replies

• cjsunnyside
    cjsunnyside Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    My keto successes are fluctuating, but overall I'm slightly more active and quite a bit more focused on specific daily food goals.
    I saw an episode of Shakespeare and Hathaway where a woman was standing alone in front of her scale for a private moment before "the weigh-in."
    I realized that after an injury I stopped weighing in, and now years later, I've regained so much weight and lost so much drive.
    I used to weigh daily, and the truth is for me, it kept me honest and motivated... good or bad. I think the best thing I could do is start that up again.
    That is my next challenge to myself. Time to get real again.

I think there are a couple schools of thought in daily weigh ins. The down side is the emotional roller coaster of the fluctuation up and down or when it seems not to move for days, etc. I do weigh in each morning probably because I can’t help myself haha but it’s also about accountability just like logging in everyday and tracking my food. Good luck!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,950 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I am back. Did eat a little too many carbs. Too much booze. So up to 171.4 for the moment. It's fine. It's water. I'm back on track. And my eye is on my current goal weight, 165. I was maintaining 167 before the pandemic so 165 will provide cushion. Though the closer I get the more I think about just taking a quick maintenance break and then trying for the elusive vanity 5lb to get to 160.

Anywho...kcko
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Well, my body comp scale is on the coffee table, and today's goal is to figure out how it works. I'm pretty sure the "comp" in body comp is short for complicated!!!
    Hoping to prevail.
    My step count was good yesterday, my food was iffy. So many challenges.
  • baconslave
    Options
    bloaty. Scale stuck. KCKO
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a month long experiment where I'm just low carb and not keto. So far the same ups and down on the scale but it's only been 3 days so we'll see what happens from here lol
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    I'm doing a month long experiment where I'm just low carb and not keto. So far the same ups and down on the scale but it's only been 3 days so we'll see what happens from here lol
    What is the goal of your experiment? What are you doing differently? I’m just wondering wheat your definition of low carb vs keto. (# of grams of carbs or adding foods you didn’t have before, etc …)
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    I am officially ‘stuck’ at 167 for a full week now. I have been not been weighing everything and just estimating based on what I have learned over the last 120 days or so. I have started golfing ( it’s still not that warm but the season is finally here ) so I am getting more steps in this last week. I don’t feel stuck per say just used the word because it’s been a week! Anyway. Omad today. Chicken wings and a salad of some variety planned for tonight. Happy Friday and have a great weekend!
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    I am officially ‘stuck’ at 167 for a full week now. I have been not been weighing everything and just estimating based on what I have learned over the last 120 days or so. I have started golfing ( it’s still not that warm but the season is finally here ) so I am getting more steps in this last week. I don’t feel stuck per say just used the word because it’s been a week! Anyway. Omad today. Chicken wings and a salad of some variety planned for tonight. Happy Friday and have a great weekend!

Sounds great on the variety idea! I love it. Then you can feel good about still being on plan-but having something different. I am trying to weigh grams of protein(for osteoporosis) and total carbs. The rest I weigh just to see what I am doing, but not to keep in a calorie limit. I am new at this, probably around 75 days.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    What is the goal of your experiment? What are you doing differently? I’m just wondering wheat your definition of low carb vs keto. (# of grams of carbs or adding foods you didn’t have before, etc …)

The last successful attempts I had at weight loss were with Whole30 and Weight Watchers and looking back on my food logs during those times I was averaging between 50-100 carbs a day. I'm more of a lazy keto so I do 20-50 for that and rarely calculate what it would be net. I have celiac disease so whatever I eat is always gluten free. The higher carb allows me to have a bit of potato, sweet potato, brown rice, or higher carb fruit. Of course I think only two days this week have I gone over 60 carbs.
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    169.5 this morning. Officially Stuck and 3.5 up from my low last week! And then I snacked today almonds lol, peanut butter and celery; but just too much. Supper I’ll have to get some protein in and avoid anymore fat and carbs. Ugh! Tomorrow will be better and tonight I will behave!
  • baconslave
    Options
    well 168.4. A new pandemic low. It won't stay. But that's fine.
    3.4lb to go. KCKO
  • baconslave
    Options
    well. No one else has anything to say. And I don't really either. Scale bouncing up, down, and around. Up to 171.something. Now is back down and stuck at 169.8. Nothing to do but do the right things and wait. KCKO.
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    I have to quit this snacking and get back to nothing after supper! That’s my checkin. Lots of steps today. I golfed twice !
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    Checking in. Still snacking. Today was pistachios. Tested my sugar and ketones today. Still in mild keto and my sugar is not where I want it but it’s not bad.
  • BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Does anyone do 20:4 intermittent fasting?
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Making another run at keto adherence. If i go to bed now, I will be right on target. That's crazy, right? To go to bed to keep from eating! It ain't easy.
    I've had some success in upping my step count to almost a mile a day this month. The past few days I've slacked off some, but still very impressed with what I've done. Had a major plumbing incident/ flood from apartment above and my energy has gone to salvaging and laundry. I'm tuckered out. And only half way done.
    It could have been way worse.
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    BlissfulK wrote: »
    Does anyone do 20:4 intermittent fasting?
    Yes. That or Omad. I’m décidé daily. I wait till 2pm and eat something if I feel like it or skip it and wait for dinner. ( except the last week or so I’ve been snacking on nuts…but they are gone now haha so not today! )

• cjsunnyside
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    Making another run at keto adherence. If i go to bed now, I will be right on target. That's crazy, right? To go to bed to keep from eating! It ain't easy.
    I've had some success in upping my step count to almost a mile a day this month. The past few days I've slacked off some, but still very impressed with what I've done. Had a major plumbing incident/ flood from apartment above and my energy has gone to salvaging and laundry. I'm tuckered out. And only half way done.
    It could have been way worse.
    If I snack after dinner I’ve said that to myself each time ‘I shoulda just went to bed’!!!