Daily check-in for keto friends... volume 4

Options

Replies

• 5blessed
    5blessed Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I’m 57 yo & new to the group but I’ve been doing Keto for almost 1 1/2 years. I started at 223lbs and have been to my lowest at 175lbs. But I’ve been bouncing all around 177lbs for about 6 months and can’t seem to budge. I’m 5’9” and would like to get to a maintenance weight of 165lbs. I walk 2-3 days a week over 12,000 steps & currently trying bulletproof coffee as I never seem to get enough good fat. Anyone have any suggestions that could help me break this stall? TIA
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    5blessed wrote: »
    Hi Everyone, I’m 57 yo & new to the group but I’ve been doing Keto for almost 1 1/2 years. I started at 223lbs and have been to my lowest at 175lbs. But I’ve been bouncing all around 177lbs for about 6 months and can’t seem to budge. I’m 5’9” and would like to get to a maintenance weight of 165lbs. I walk 2-3 days a week over 12,000 steps & currently trying bulletproof coffee as I never seem to get enough good fat. Anyone have any suggestions that could help me break this stall? TIA

You may need to track and then reduce calories. Bulletproof coffee is a calorie bomb, and you may just be intaking too much energy. Keto is about maintaining ketosis, which is achieved by keeping carbs low. Fat intake helps with satiety and energy but isn't the mechanism by which ketosis is created. Ultimately, you have to burn more energy than you eat to lose weight and if you're inadvertently taking in too many calories, then your body isn't going to release weight.

So I'd track what I'm eating and see where there are places you can cut down superfluous energy sources like in the BP coffee or extra fats in sauces and see if that helps.
  • baconslave
    Options
    sorry sorry. Just busy busy. Maintaining and exercising and doing the things.
  • baconslave
    Options
    off camping til Tuesday. Guessing everyone else is similarly heckin' busy
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    I am "fixin" to leave for vacation myself. Traditionally I stay strict with carbs and don't worry so much about calories on vacation. I claim this will work for me again...
  • baconslave
    Options
    I have had the most stressful couple of weeks, oh my word!
    Haven't weighed in a bit so I'll need to do that the end of this week. Ketoing on today and trying to workout before some nonsense comes up to mess up my plans
  • 2t9nty
    Options
    My wife tested positive for Covid ON VACATION. I have been testing negative and am delivering meals, etc. I think I will take a bus into London today.
  • baconslave
    Options
    2t9nty wrote: »
    My wife tested positive for Covid ON VACATION. I have been testing negative and am delivering meals, etc. I think I will take a bus into London today.

awwww BUMMER! :disappointed:
  • baconslave
    Options
    Day is going well. Arm stuff on the weight machine and interval cardio for workout. Tomorrow I have to take a friend out for her bday. There is no keto at the restaurant she wants so I shall fast until we go and not overeat.
  • 2t9nty
    Options
    This being on vacation business really gets a lot of steps in. We are in a 4th floor apartment, and so there is some stair climbing built into it all as well. It is more challenging to manage carbs with menus and all, but I have been keeping net under 20.
  • cjsunnyside
    cjsunnyside Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hello. Hope your summer is going well. Mine? Too well. 1st day back in a minute. Yikes. Been bingeing. Until today. I’m up from my lowest about 9 lbs but it’s time to behave. It’s not the lbs. Along me back as much as the achy hips, bloated belly, sleepy in the day and bathroom adventures 😉. You get the picture. Looking forward to catching up with you all and finding some momentum. 16.5 to goal by it fixing these other symptoms is the priority.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Hello. Hope your summer is going well. Mine? Too well. 1st day back in a minute. Yikes. Been bingeing. Until today. I’m up from my lowest about 9 lbs but it’s time to behave. It’s not the lbs. Along me back as much as the achy hips, bloated belly, sleepy in the day and bathroom adventures 😉. You get the picture. Looking forward to catching up with you all and finding some momentum. 16.5 to goal by it fixing these other symptoms is the priority.

those symptoms sure aren't fun

yesterday was carby but that is over. I fasted until the event. Ketoing on today. And I shouldn't have any interruptions until our next camping trip on the 12th. Looking forward to my keto meals today. Yummy.
  • lemondropthisweight
    Options
    Hi friends. :) Not new to keto or MFP, but starting up again (seriously this time, I swear!) and thinking having a social network aspect might be beneficial for motivation and accountability etc. Feel free to send me a friend request!

My personal goals: Lose about 80 lbs to get into the "healthy" BMI range for my height (unless my Dr tells me to do otherwise), stick to ~30g net carbs per day, utilize 16:8 IF schedule to help reduce night time snackage.

Hope you are all well on this fine Thursday!
  • 2t9nty
    Options
    Hi friends. :) Not new to keto or MFP, but starting up again (seriously this time, I swear!) and thinking having a social network aspect might be beneficial for motivation and accountability etc. Feel free to send me a friend request!

My personal goals: Lose about 80 lbs to get into the "healthy" BMI range for my height (unless my Dr tells me to do otherwise), stick to ~30g net carbs per day, utilize 16:8 IF schedule to help reduce night time snackage.

Hope you are all well on this fine Thursday!

I found the social network to be a help. Hoping all goes well for you...
  • baconslave
    Options
    I was so busy I was gone all day and then dealt with a minor catastrophe for hours when I got home. I'd like the stress to chill out please. :grimace: Working hard to decompress and keep maintaining. Skin of my teeth here but I'm doing ok for now
  • baconslave
    Options
    Wasting away again in Crazyville, looking for my long lost shaker of sanity...
    Anyway, ketoing on.
  • 2t9nty
    Options
    I am on vacation still - behaving with the carbs - mostly. Daily net has been more like 30 the last couple of days...
  • baconslave
    Options
    Ketoing on. Getting what workouts in that aren't interrupted or cancelled due to family nonsense.
    I'm just trying to make it to the weekend and my camping trip. So I can chill in nature and read.
  • 2t9nty
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Ketoing on. Getting what workouts in that aren't interrupted or cancelled due to family nonsense.
    I'm just trying to make it to the weekend and my camping trip. So I can chill in nature and read.

Enjoy! I got to Iona today...
  • erinparkermiller
    erinparkermiller Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    anyone still out there doing keto? i had great success a few years ago, covid, being lazy and busy have added a good 25 lbs. I would love to connect with others who are in the same boat as me. My biggest issue is meal planning. I'm a working mom who is also in nursing school so needless to say most of my meals are last minute. I would love to have help coming up with a routine and meals that can be my go to every week where I don't have to do alot of calculating and cooking. My time is very minimal. I need help.