Shape Shifters Team Chat - February 2022

jugar
jugar Posts: 9,913 Member
edited February 2022 in Social Groups
jsd2tdoy1v7w.png

Here is your Team chat room for February 2022. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed!

We have five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @TheMrWobbly

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @peng123 & @MeowScout
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71 & @trooworld
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Username:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for longer. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Hi team! Introduction time: I’m 30 and live in Finland with my husband and 3-month-old daughter. I’m on maternity leave until September/October, and I plan on using this time to care for both baby and myself.

I have about 58lbs to lose in total (from 234 to 176). BTW, this is a major milestone because last time I wrote this introduction it was more than 60! My first major goal is 221,5lbs, which was my final pre-pregnancy weigh in.

February goals:
    - get into a workout and gym routine. I haven’t been to the gym in literally a year, first due to pregnancy and postpartum healing, and gyms went on lockdown immediately after I got medical clearance to start working out. They’re set to open next week, so I’m excited.
    - Get into a meal planning routine.

I usually don’t set number goals for weight loss, but this time I’m really hoping to get to 220s in February so I have a chance of hitting my pre-pregnancy goal in March.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 4,979 Member
    The Week 1 Group Challenge for February begins Sunday, January 30th. It is now open and ready for lively discussion, information and great tips this week. Join us as we explore planning your meals each day with The Balanced Plate!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10855106/february-week-1-group-challenge-the-balanced-plate#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    ft8jpca339xk.jpg

FAQ for New Shape Shifters Members

How do I post my weigh in?

Userid
    (Day of Week) Weigh-in
    PW: 204 lbs (previous weight)
    CW: 202 lbs (current weight)
    LTD: 12 lbs (optional loss to date)

How often should I post in the chatroom?

Whenever you have a question, suggestion, story, news announcement or just want to brighten someone's day!! There's never too much...and please share recipes, tips, laughs, challenges, cartoons, pictures of your pets, pictures from walks you've taken, etc...we love it all!!

What if I have to be out of town during my weigh in?

Send a message to one of the Captains (JessicaKrall8 or TheMrWobbly) in the chatroom or in a private message on MFP's mail and let her know your circumstance...if it's just for a week or two, you can be excused from the weigh-in. If you must leave for longer than a month, you may be moved to our support team until you return. When you're ready to come back, send another message and the MODS will move you back to active status.

What happens if I miss a weigh in?

If you're late, you'll be marked as LWI (late weigh in). If you fail to report in at all, you'll be labeled as NWI (no weigh in). After two NWIs, you're put on the drop list if you explanation has been provided. It's always best to let your Captain know what's going on and she'll make sure you're covered.

How do I sign up for the Step Challenge?

Send the Captains a message that you'd like to join, provide your daily step goal and tell her your favorite place to walk. It's that simple!

Do I have to re-register each month to remain part of Team Shape Shifters?

No, your membership will carry over month to month. The only place where this is NOT true is for the Step Challenge. You have to sign up each month to participate in it and this gives you the opportunity to adjust your daily step goal.

If I've missed anything or questions arise, just post them! We'll find the information you need as much as possible! Hope this helps!

Welcome!
    Jessica :smile:

• jessicakrall8
    8cirh48g40xk.jpg

Now taking sign ups for our monthly Step Challenge. Simply post a message here asking to join, include your first name for the chart, set a daily step goal you'd like to reach AND tell me your current favorite place to walk. That's all that's needed! Then, every 1-3 days, post your steps icluding the date so there's no confusion and I'll keep the chart updated.

At the end of each month, I will post the step winner for each week and the overall top three for the month! It's a nice way to have a friendly competition going and keeps us all motivated to keep it moving!

Join us!
    Jessica
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,509 Member
    8cirh48g40xk.jpg

Now taking sign ups for our monthly Step Challenge. Simply post a message here asking to join, include your first name for the chart, set a daily step goal you'd like to reach AND tell me your current favorite place to walk. That's all that's needed! Then, every 1-3 days, post your steps icluding the date so there's no confusion and I'll keep the chart updated.

Good afternoon @jessicakrall8 I would like to join please.
    First name : Bob
    Step goal : 8,120
    Favourite place : Arlington Reservoir
  • Lw180.4
    Cw 184.9
  • PamStellick
    PamStellick Posts: 33 Member
    I'd like to take part in the step challenge 🏃‍♀️
    Name: Pam
    Goal: 5000 steps/day
    Favourite place to walk: by the river
  • jessicakrall8
    @frankwbrown I've got you down for the Step Challenge for February, in any case...and hope to see you both in this challenge this week, as well as in the Feb Chatroom for Shape Shifters.

Jessica
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 511 Member
    @seeless25 congratulations!!! You’re doing great.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    giphy.gif

We have completed another month, folks! We really knocked it out of the park in January - let's try to keep up the momentum for February! Click the links below to see our results from the last week of January and the month overall.

Here's a sneak peak of how your team did...

yz9xuniqhhdp.png
    0to8avttlspj.png
  • jessicakrall8
    CONGRATULATIONS to all January winners, winners for week 4, honorable mentions and "in the green" winners! Great job all around! Look what can be done with hard work and dedication!!! WTG y'all!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,241 Member
    edited January 2022
    Apparently. I'm the only one that is doing the monthly tracker - it helps to keep me on track among other things
  • jessicakrall8
    Apparently. I'm the only one that is doing the monthly tracker - it helps to keep me on track among other things

@LaurieWrobo With tracking in MFP, Fitbit, my intentional walking, personal journal, monthly group challenges and step challenge, it was just one more tracker I had to keep up with...just a bit much for me. It was helpful when I did use it though.

Perhaps someday I can return to it...not sure.
    Jessica
  • ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member
    edited January 2022
    Ac204
    Sunday
    PW: 201.9 lbs (previous weight)
    CW: 200.5 lbs (current weight)

Hi team!
    This is my 2nd month back. I am happy with January results. Hoping to drop under the 200 threshold by next Sunday 😀 Although I don't get a chance to hop on the chat often, I am so happy to be part of the team. You really help me stay accountable!

My February daily goals are to log, walk, get my h2o, & not snack. Working on building good habits.

Good luck to you all!
  • ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member
    Hi @jessicakrall8 I would like to join the step challenge.

Anne
    Goal: 6000 steps/day.
    i typically walk around my neighborhood.
  • PamStellick
    PamStellick Posts: 33 Member
    I went over my step goal by a little today: 5, 275
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 884 Member
    Hi @jessicakrall8 I'm going to stick with 12000 for February step goal please.Hope to hit it a few more days than last month.
This discussion has been closed.