Weekly weigh in

Saturday 2/19

PW 244.2
    CW 242.9

Loss 1.3
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    Week 4's Group Challenge starts tomorrow. Hope to see you all there this week as we "Bust a Move"!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10856921/february-week-4-group-challenge-bust-a-move#latest

Jessica :blush:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,308 Member
    Options
    Today's steps 7452

I seem to be missing 2/17
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,308 Member
    Options
    Jpedno wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps 2/18 6,295

Username:jpedno
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 157.8
    CW: 156.6!!!! YAY!

Missing your steps for 2/17
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps :

Sun - 4,498
    Mon - 15,138
    Tue - 13,084
    Wed - 10,245
    Thu - 14,702
    Fri - 16,109
    Sat - 21,867
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone.
    Check in for 2/19:
    Steps - 6820
    Calories - 1730
    Exercise - went to two museums. Back started acting up quickly.
  • Outdoorsy_Canadian
    Options
    I’ve really been off track the last few weeks. I just haven’t been able to stop eating including junk. Going to make a conscious effort. I really need to drop 20 before summer or I know I will be miserable.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,500 Member
    Options
    @Morethanjustanumber @Jpedno @Gwiz401
    Congrats on your loss! What is the number one thing you did during the week to ensure the loss?

@mari_moulin
    Over 21k steps! 🤩 Awesome step day!

@rwood566
    Sorry about your back! Hope you enjoyed the museum even with the back pain. Great on point eating!

@Outdoorsy_Canadian
    20 pounds by summer is doable. That works out to be 5 pounds a month. Do you have any strategies in place to help achieve that goal? Junk food is one of my downfalls. Well that and bread. I bought a ton of junk for my granddaughter as she slept over last night. Two things happened: my daughter got mad at me as she doesn’t want the kids forming bad habits and I ended up eating half the junk. Are you able to keep junk food out of the house? I have my husband hide chips or bars and give it to me on occasion.

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,500 Member
    Options
    Sunday Funday Question

If money was no object, what would be your reward for reaching your goal weight?
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 2/19
    Step count 10484
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

I was lucky to lose this week with Valentine’s Day, starting back to volunteer at a charity thrift shop where people bring in all sorts of treats, and spending one day taking a friend who had surgery around for her follow up appointments. I made an effort to walk as much as I was able all week, drank a ton of water to counter balance all the sugar I don’t usually eat, and I went off the schedule for Zumba to do the cardio routines only instead of the upper and lower body and ab routines that are mixed in to the program. Somehow it all came together.

If money were no object. . . . . Probably travel in style! There are so many places I would like to go to now that I have the time.
  • Outdoorsy_Canadian
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    My strategies to start:
    1)Start to log my food again
    2) snack less at my desk at the office (unless its healthy
    3) start using our home gym again.
    4) more consistent with my intermittent fasting. I find it really helps decrease my stomach bloating and regulates my bowels.

In terms of snacks, I am going to remove all my favorite junk from the house and switch to dark chocolate when I want something sweet.

I also have those new hiking books to break in, so maybe some longer walks too. In terms of hiking in Ontario, we have lots of great places. Our longest would be the Bruce Trail. It runs almost 900 km. I have done parts of it but eventually would love to do the entire thing. I will probably be doing some multi day hiking trips on the trails in Killarney or Algonquin. I mainly do backcountry (remote) canoe trips though. That usually involves a ton of hiking on portage trails between lakes, sometimes through Boggs and swamps.

I was suppose to head up north for some winter camping next weekend but I think our trip is going to be delayed.

I can't remember where I stopped posting my steps so here is last week:
    10/14-5426
    10/15-7506
    10 16-9033
    10/17-8164
    10/18-5933
    10/19 -5565
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,443 Member
    Options
    cormierannie
    Week 4
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW: 156 pounds
    Cw: 154 pounds

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Sunday Funday Question

If money was no object, what would be your reward for reaching your goal weight?

A month long trip around the country to see things I saw as a kid or wanted to see.
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @Jpedno
    Congrats on your loss! What is the number one thing you did during the week to ensure the loss?

Started moving again. Moving helps with motivation overall for me and I’m more likely to stay on track. And burning the extra calories means I can eat a little more! Also, signing up for a half marathon means I have to stay on a schedule of exercise so I can be ready in time. It’s the Oregon Wine Country half so it’s in a valley at low elevation. I live at high elevation - I’m expecting to be able to run my fastest half marathon!

Also, I concur with the others. If money were no object, my reward would be more travel!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    2/19: 12,803
This discussion has been closed.