2/1 – 7.04 miles
    2/2 – 3.11 miles
    2/5 – 3.15 miles + 9.2 miles
    2/7 – 5.18 miles
    2/8 – 5.12 miles
    2/9 – 3.21 miles + 3.19 miles
    2/10 – 5.14 miles
    Total – 44.66 miles

I met some friends at 5 am and ran 5 miles this morning. I’m planning to hike 13+ miles on the AT tomorrow. It isn’t a run, but there is a good bit of elevation change and time on my feet, so I’m hoping it will help build up my endurance for Peyton's Wild and Wacky 50k next month.

@shanaber – I have not watched much of the Winter Olympics. Mostly because I forget about them until I see a headline in the news. I watched some of the mogul skiing event and it wore me out with them hitting all those bumps!

Good luck tomorrow @polskagirl01! Hope your shoulder continues to feel better. I may be able to watch a little bit in the morning before heading out on the trail. It looks very cold and foggy there at the moment!

@Scott6255 - Hope you can sneak away from family obligations tomorrow and enjoy the streets of Houston!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 Can’t wait to see some AT pics! From the hiking videos I have seen, that trail looks beautiful. Have fun!
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 as soon as I get home from my club meet I'll be glued to that camera! You'll get there, just take it nice and easy and remember to enjoy the adventure ;-)
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Today was a rest day. It's a shame because it was great running weather this morning, but I need the rest. I did walk to the park after work today though. It was such a pretty day I couldn't resist.

Good luck tomorrow @polskagirl01!
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,659 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Scary stuff @rheddmobile, I hope you find a workable solution.

I have a half tomorrow and I’m kinda dreading it. I’m nowhere near as fit as I was a few months ago and the course is very hilly, however, making it so much worse, the weather is dire. It’s so hot and humid - it’s 8pm right now and still at 28 degrees (82 Fahrenheit) and 90 percent humidity. On top of this, we’re getting gale force winds in the morning. Hooray. Thanks cyclone Dovi. It’s going to be s slow slogfest. It’s s bit like running in soup, but now with someone stirring it.

What the Met Service is predicting for tomorrow (Sunday) in spoiler:
    a8dspb4x6cxb.png
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Looks like a beautiful sunshiney morning for @polskagirl01! I've watched a bunch of runners coming past the camera but couldn't tell that much about their clothing.

Good luck with your HM @ContraryMaryMary!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,803 Member
    Options
    I am late but it looks like I missed the race. Gorgeous scenery. Hope the race / mountain climb went well.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Scary stuff @rheddmobile, I hope you find a workable solution.

I have a half tomorrow and I’m kinda dreading it. I’m nowhere near as fit as I was a few months ago and the course is very hilly, however, making it so much worse, the weather is dire. It’s so hot and humid - it’s 8pm right now and still at 28 degrees (82 Fahrenheit) and 90 percent humidity. On top of this, we’re getting gale force winds in the morning. Hooray. Thanks cyclone Dovi. It’s going to be s slow slogfest. It’s s bit like running in soup, but now with someone stirring it.

What the Met Service is predicting for tomorrow (Sunday) in spoiler:
    a8dspb4x6cxb.png

Sunday looks like a good day to be running downwind...
  • Tramboman
    Options
    "Keepin' it sleasy since 1952"

2-1 4k treadmill
    2-2 7k easy
    2-3 4k treadmill
    2-4 4k treadmill
    2-5 4k treadmill
    2-6 7k slow
    2-7 rest
    2-8 7k sleasy
    2-9 4k slow
    2-10 rest
    2-11 7k sleasy
    2-12 7k sleasy

February Total: 55k
    February Goal: 140k

Cloudy, low 30s F, and a gusty wind from the west. A little snow overnight made the footing treacherous.
    @rheddmobile Sorry to hear about your beta blocker experience. Perhaps you could crush the pill, weigh it, and then just take a quarter of what the whole pill weighs.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile No one knows our bodies like ourselves. I am glad you listened to your instincts and cut it in half. I hope a quarter of the pill works and you are able to run like you want to again. I take a low dose beta blocker and don't feel like it has made my weight go up - so that may not happen to everyone.

@shanaber It is possible that the migraines are CoVID related. Who knows? I think it affects everyone differently and, either it has a huge range of effects or it is blamed for everything that the doctor's don't have an explanation for. I'm sure the heart rate thing is based on empirical data where the cardiologists have noticed the increase in patients with the same problem and all of them having had CoVID at some point. I know in younger people it can cause severe heart issues. It's just a really strange virus. I'm lucky that my HR doesn't go up to the point that it really bothers me physically...just mentally I know it shouldn't be that high.

@polskagirl01 I slept too late, so missed seeing any of the runners. I did check out the camera and saw lots of foot prints. I hope you enjoyed the race. The weather looks nice and sunny now.

Good luck tomorrow @ContraryMaryMary . I love your description of the weather conditions...but not the conditions themselves. I guess that will be one of those races where you take it easy and don't worry about anything but having as much fun as possible and finishing upright.
  • Tramboman
    Options
    Congratulations, @polskagirl01 !!!!!!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Way to go @polskagirl01!