MARCH 2022 CHALLENGES -- 03/01--03/31

Options

Replies

• KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,234 Member
    Options
    Tuesday: only 20 mins on recumbent. Moms appointment led to a visit to the ER as her BP was really elevated.

Wednesday: upper body strength training - 30 mins, Elliptical 15 mins and Treadmill- 30 mins.

Chris Wishing your DD and her family well.

Shelley prayers to your family.

Karen nice walk. Glad you’re having great weather. It’s raining here all week then getting cold again Saturday morning.

My mom was not hospitalized. Her BP stabilized and we left the ER after midnight Wednesday morning. She doing very well. I believe she was stressed over her doctor’s appointment and the ride to the doctor was horrific. Atlanta traffic. 😣

Praying for everyone. Take care ladies.

Kathy

• kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Shelley - so sorry. So much. Hugs to you!
  • kjs1228
    Options
    Did a candlelight yoga class last night. So nice to move my body in this different way!

Karen
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,282 Member
    Options
    Thank you, ladies, for your good thoughts. Pat's doctor called him this afternoon and told him there was NO cancer in is cheek or neck!!!! I started to cry when he was talking to his doc and he gave me a 'thumbs up'. Man!
    Sara and Pete are still stuffy...like they have colds. Ronan was tired today. I hope that was just because he played so hard!
    No walking today. Took our tax info to our tax lady. We have a Zoom appointment Wed. the 16th, plus she will help me with my 401(b). I have to start taking $$ out of it. So many rules!! Then we picked up and dropped off a Amazon return for Sara. Then, because the wind was at 20 mph and cold, I said "nopey, nope!" Ordered a grocery delivery then made a new soup then read. Now I'm going to bed!
    Talk to you all tomorrow!
    Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    Pat's primary doctor called today...he's the doc who found both melanoma spots on Pat...wants to see him just for a whole body check. Got my fingers crossed he doesn't find any more.
    Sara and the boys are doing better. We are going over tomorrow to have a 'Screen Zoom' birthday party for me. We got ice cream and lemon loaf and maybe cookies. The kids will put chairs on their front porch and an umbrella for us. We'll talk through the window. It will be fun.
    I worked out w/my trainer for 60 mins today. Will walk in the morning.
    Chris
  • kjs1228
    Options
    Chris - good news for Pat..so glad!

Had a nice walk today...almost 60. Tomorrow 3-6 inches of snow and 30!

Did a yoga class tonight. Now ready for bed!

Karen
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,854 Member
    Options
    Chris so happy for you and Pat. I love the fact you will still be having a birthday party. Pictures please. Rocky was told he would have to start removing money out of his TSP. I just don't remember when. Might as well enjoy it.

Kathy the traffic in Georgia has probably tripled in the almost 40 years since I was there. I hate traffic. It would make my blood pressure rise also.

Karen I am so glad you are liking your yoga class. I am envious of you.

Paula thanks.

I stayed home with Rocky today. Worked on the ceiling some. I have about 3/4 of it done. When it rains it pours. I found a crack in the ceiling under the popcorn. I have always said the old addition settled. I can feel the floor slant a little. Rock says he doesn't notice it. But he noticed the crack I uncovered. Might be hiring it out. I just don't trust anyone!

Going to get out of the house tomorrow. Time to stop pouting.

Shelley
  • kjs1228
    Options
    Shelley - You are really coming along on your ceiling! That's great :) sorry to hear about the crack but better to get it mended so you are safe.

Not sure how today is gonna go it sounds like a snow and ice storm is going to start early. I was going to go to yoga class this morning but I think I'll probably pass. I am meant to go to a wedding shower for my neighbor's son's daughter. It is literally right across the street so hoping it's not so select that I can't go. I feel terrible for her. I feel like everybody's gonna cancel. But she's already got everything done in all this food so I don't think she thought she could move it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Karen
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Rest day but kept up my minimum 15 minutes of exercise for Lent.

Great news all around Chris.

Shelley it might be time to call the “experts”.

Karen it’s cold (20s) and windows here in Georgia after being in the 70s and 80s last week.

Have a good weekend ladies. I’m going to take it easy other than riding the recumbent to keep my Lent streak going. I feel a little twinge in my back and don’t want to aggravate it. I will get back to PF Monday after my father’s appointment with the oncologist.

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options
    Thank you, my friends.
    Spent a couple hours over at Sara's for my b'day. We took the ice cream and lemon cake and brownies. Pat made the brownies!!! They were good...there are still a couple left and some vanilla ice cream...hmmm...it is still my birthday, right? It was hard not being able to hug anyone. Sara and Pete are getting better, and Ronan has been "GREAT!" according to him.
    Pat and I walked this morning...3.82 miles in 87 mins. That's the longest he's walked in a long time. We'll see about tomorrow.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris it so was still your birthday. Especially when hubby makes brownies! Yum. I have a great recipe I got from a great aunt. Actually it was half of a recipe. You would make the brownie part first. Then top with mini marshmallows. Back into the oven to brown. Top with a thin chocolate icing drizzled over the gooey mallows. I love the scratch brownies so much I rarely finish the recipe.

Kathy 20's is cold for you. We were really cold last week. Negative 12 on Thursday morning. We decided to finish the ceiling and tint some primer for now. Then tear up the carpet this summer and get a better look at what is happening. I guess the man who lived here before us ran his car into the spot where the crack i. Like when does that seem like a good idea? The floor has not changed any in the time we have been here. Might be a buckle in the sub floor from the idiot. Ice and heat your back. Might be muscle soreness.

Karen I hope people show up to the shower. Such a special day for her.

Lifted weights today. Went light after all the overhead scraping I did yesterday. Ate out tonight at a Mexican restaurant. It was wonderful. I had chicken enchilada with a brown sauce, rice and a salad. They put lots of chicken in it. My dogs loved what I didn't eat. Sahara visited. She is walking some now. Painful but she is doing it.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Oh they did away with the "disagree" button. I never even used it. Wish they had one for made me laugh. That I would use.

Shell
  • KAR1959
    Options
    My sisters and I took my mom to see “Ain’t to Proud” the story of the Temptations. I saw it in New York on a girl’s trip in 2019 and had promised my mom if it came to Atlanta I would take her. Since she is doing so much better I decided to keep my promise. We had a ball. It’s a great musical and very entertaining.

Now we have to take Dad to an Atlanta Braves game when it warms up. Life can’t just be doctor’s appointments and treatments. We have to have fun sometimes as well. Of course we were all masked…still being safe. Here’s a picture.

lu5ef5df01da.jpeg
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Kathy I wish we had more musicals here. I love them. This is a great picture of your family. Love the sister on the rights hair. She has red highlights and we know I like red! Is your mom wearing fancy shoes or boots. They are lovely.

I walked the dogs today. Got up early and finished getting all the ceiling scraped. What a chore. My arms and hands are fatigued from all the overhead work. Then bought some primer. Had it tinted gray. Came out darker than anticipated. But it is primer! And I like the color. Just not for the ceiling.

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,685 Member
    Options
    Wow Kathy,
    You all got your Mom's smile, didn't you! Gorgeous!!

Paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    I love the picture, Kathy! Hope you had fun.
    Sara is still positive. The boys are still negative...sigh...
    Ronan and I have this 'thing' going...he will be talking about jellyfish, and I will always call them octopus..."No, Grandma, they are jellyfish." Well, I got him a jellyfish shirt and a jellyfish that sings. It is really cute. And I got me an octopus shirt a a very cool octopus. I put them in separate bags. I will give him the octopus bag and when he pulls out the shirt that covers the octopus and sees how big it is and sees the octopus looking up at him from the bag, I'll be ..."Oh, there must be a mistake." and I'll look in the bag I still have and trade him bags. This will all be done thru their front porch screen.
    More tomorrow.
    Chris

• KAR1959
    Options
    Busy Monday. Both parents had appointments. Took dad first, hurried home to take mom. We all took afternoon naps. I was so tired I just rested. couldn’t go to sleep. Didn’t feel like driving to PF after my busy morning. I did two 30 minute sessions on my recumbent.

Chris I’m sending prayers to your daughter and her family. I love your jellyfish and octopus story. Too cute.

Shelley my mom is wearing fancy boots. She’s always been stylish. As she always said “I will not ever dress like an old lady.” 😉 Who makes those rules anyway!

I have an appointment tomorrow to have my A1C checked. I’m looking for a good number. 🙏🏾

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options
    Sara and the boys are doing better. They took a short walk this morning. Sara said she was tired afterwards. :/
    We were all in their backyard this afternoon, and I got.."Grandma this is an octopus...not a jellyfish!" His jellyfish plays music and is supposed to light up, but we think it was too bright outside to see the "light-up" part. I'll double check with them this evening. I hope it works. Turns out...since I gave Ronan the bag with the octopus in it...the octopus is his. I got my shirt back but not my toy. :D He did play with the octopus a lot more than the jellyfish. He was so funny!!!
    Had a 60 min workout w/my trainer this afternoon. We'll walk tomorrow.
    Chris
  • kjs1228
    Options
    Nice moving ladies! It will be almost 70 today.....so I plan to get outside for sure!

Yoga was tough last night. These legs are heavy!! I carry my weight in my legs after losing all of this weight. A lot of skin really....I may look into surgery some day. For now...I try to strengthen. My arms need some work before summer that's for sure ! So happy to see this weather change.

Working from home today...which is so much better to get my exercise in!

Karen
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Kathy that is so awesome. Tell her I love the "not old lady" look she has. The boots are fabulous. Have good numbers at your check up.

Chris that will be so funny. Love the shirt idea.

Karen just keep doing yoga. It will make everything easier. And tell me what it is like to carry your weight in your legs. I always wonder if it is any better. Or the same as I who carry it everywhere evenly. You look better in photos than I do. My weight shows in my face. Always greener on the other side you know.

Love you all,
    Shelley