Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,323 Member
    Options
    🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸
    🐸BUILDING HEALTHY HABITS🐸
    🐸🐥🐰MARCH 2022🐰🐥🐸
    🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸

@themedalist (((hugs))) Having elderly parents is such a worry.

2022 WOTY: CONSOLIDATE
    🔹consolidate current habits
    🔹Explore Identity-based Habit setting
    🔹Solid Habits 20/31

Investigating positive Identity-based habits.

Who am I?
    I am a person who values the health and fitness of my mind body and spirit.
    The body needs adequate time each day to digest the food we eat.

One of the things that many of us (myself included) struggle with is late night snacking on food that we do not need. I have noticed the insidious midnight munchies creeping back again lately.
    March I will…
    I am a person who refrains from eating after 9pm to assist efficient overnight digestion of food
    Me: 23 ~|~ LNS: 0 ~|~ (Streak: 27)

🦄 Terri
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,102 Member
    Options
    @themedalist
    My thoughts are with you *hugs*
    I will also say that I did the same thing for a month or two. And then I snapped out of it when the sun & longer days returned.

I wish you the best with your mom
    (And dad) 💞💞
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸
    🐸🐥🐰MARCH 2022🐰🐥🐸
    🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸
    🔹Solid Habits 20/31

Who am I?

One of the things that many of us (myself included) struggle with is late night snacking on food that we do not need. I have noticed the insidious midnight munchies creeping back again lately.
    March I will…
    I am a person who refrains from eating after 9pm to assist efficient overnight digestion of food
    Me: 24 ~|~ LNS: 0 ~|~ (Streak: 28)

🦄 Terri
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸
    🐸🐥🐰MARCH 2022🐰🐥🐸
    🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸
    🔹Solid Habits 25/31

Who am I?

March I will…
    Me: 25 ~|~ LNS: 0 ~|~ (Streak: 29)

🦄 Terri
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,687 Member
    Options
    I have reworked my snack after dinner task sometimes it’s just hard not so I adjusted to not snack 4/7 days and even though it’s the end of the month it’s working. Me time that’s on the bag done I don’t worry about that one! Putting my clean cloths away working well not left on the end of my dresser my hubby shamed me lol!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,102 Member
    Options
    3/25 7 hours sleep ❤️

3/25 limiting max portion at one time of healthy PB, almonds, walnuts, pecans…

3/25 learned avocados have far fewer calories than I thought! Excited to weave them Into my meals!
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited March 2022
    Options
    🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸
    🐸🐥🐰MARCH 2022🐰🐥🐸
    🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸
    🔹Solid Habits 25/31

Who am I?
    I am a person who values the health and fitness of my body, mind, and spirit.

💡The body needs adequate time each day to digest the food we eat.
    Limiting our eating window helps the body do this, and adequate rest helps.

💡One of the things that many of us (myself included) struggle with is late night snacking on food that we do not need. I have noticed the insidious midnight munchies creeping back again lately.
    This isn’t normally a problem for me, as I usually eat breakfast around 10.30am. However, my schedule has changed and I am breakfasting around 9.30am, so I need to move my eating cut off point to earlier in the evening.

March I will…
    Me: 26 ~|~ LNS: 0 ~|~ (Streak: 30)
    This has worked well this month, with the added advantage that I have often not had a planned evening snack because it’s passed the cut off point. Going forward, I may allow myself a few pass days per month.

🦄 Terri

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    @biketheworld, I also start my day and love my morning routine of coffee, iPad, and scrolling through news and other updates on things I care about. But you’re right, it’s easy to lose track of time and let the day get away. Fortunately, I still have my job job to keep me on schedule for the weekdays.
  • themedalist
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Weekend report: All is going well except for food goals. Had friends stay over on w/e so think the nerves, excitement and being out of routine got me off track. Back on track now though. Xo

I am a woman that challenges herself wen workouts become easy.

I am a mother who makes my toddler laugh everyday.

I am a person who always sits down to eat her meals.

I am a woman who does not feel the need to over explain herself.

I am a soul that takes care of her wellbeing by doing self development, journaling, mediatating, reading, praying and practising gratitude.

I am a person that distracts herself from worrying.

I am a person who pretracks her food and does intentional exersice on the weekend.

I am a person who takes progess measurments fortnightly.

@donna25trinity, this is such a great list! I especially like the one, “I am a person who distracts herself from worrying”. One of my favorite insights from meditation is that we don’t need to pay attention to all of our thoughts. Especially the unhelpful ones that take us on a rumination ride to nowhere. It takes work and practice, but I found it possible to let go of worrying so much and ruminating on things I can’t change.

This is one of my most cherished quotes on the subject!

avpc3xf2bm5u.jpeg
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,064 Member
    Options
    Weekend report: All is going well except for food goals. Had friends stay over on w/e so think the nerves, excitement and being out of routine got me off track. Back on track now though. Xo

I am a woman that challenges herself wen workouts become easy.

I am a mother who makes my toddler laugh everyday.

I am a person who always sits down to eat her meals.

I am a woman who does not feel the need to over explain herself.

I am a soul that takes care of her wellbeing by doing self development, journaling, mediatating, reading, praying and practising gratitude.

I am a person that distracts herself from worrying.

I am a person who pretracks her food and does intentional exersice on the weekend.

I am a person who takes progess measurments fortnightly.

@donna25trinity, this is such a great list! I especially like the one, “I am a person who distracts herself from worrying”. One of my favorite insights from meditation is that we don’t need to pay attention to all of our thoughts. Especially the unhelpful ones that take us on a rumination ride to nowhere. It takes work and practice, but I found it possible to let go of worrying so much and ruminating on things I can’t change.

This is one of my most cherished quotes on the subject!

avpc3xf2bm5u.jpeg

Wow this is exactly what I needed to hear @themedalist and exactly the point I am at in my journey of self development and growth. I hve been listening to a podcast called changeable and she talks about the exact same thing. I must admit the concept and her podcasts seemed so foreign to me initially as it's a totally new way of thinking for me but each time I listen to it I feel it's making more sense. I hve been trying this week in particular to put that in practice by accepting that I am going to worry and instead of spending hours burdening hubby with it i am trying to just not make it a issue and move on from the thought. I also meditate and hve every day since Nov however the last 2 weeks since starring work I found it hard to fit in so now I am putting a mediation on my head phones wen I go for my run lol! Killing 2 birds with 1 stone right. Thanks again I feel like the timing of ur message was meant to be. Xo
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited March 2022
    Options
    🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸
    🐸🐥🐰MARCH 2022🐰🐥🐸
    🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸
    🔹Solid Habits 30/31

Who am I?
    I am a person who values the health and fitness of my body, mind, and spirit.

💡The body needs adequate time each day to digest the food we eat.
    Limiting our eating window helps the body do this, and adequate rest helps.

💡One of the things that many of us (myself included) struggle with is late night snacking on food that we do not need. I have noticed the insidious midnight munchies creeping back again lately.
    This isn’t normally a problem for me, as I usually eat breakfast around 10.30am. However, my schedule has changed and I am breakfasting around 9.30am, so I need to move my eating cut off point to earlier in the evening.

March I will…
    Me: 30 ~|~ LNS: 0 ~|~ (Streak: 34)
    This has worked well this month, with the added advantage that I have often not had a planned evening snack because it’s passed the cut off point. Going forward, I may allow myself a few pass days per month.

Thinking ahead to April and the way ahead.

🦄 Terri

• themedalist
    Options
    I've enjoyed reading your updates and @donna25trinity, I'm glad you like the quote!

My favorite VR fitness app that I mentioned earlier has been running a special contest every week in honor of women's history month. Each week they select a theme and then build a workout around that theme with a special musical playlist. Themes have been power, grit, self respect, and this week, perseverance. I never enter contests, but this one spoke to me. The workouts are divided into three categories: low-intensity, medium intensity, and high intensity. I am much more comfortable with low intensity workouts in this particular program because I can concentrate on my form better. And it still gets my heart rate well into the aerobic zone.

All of these special workouts this month have been medium intensity. A real stretch for me! But because they were typically 20 minutes or so, I could do it. But today's workout.... and this week's theme is perseverance!... was 47 minutes! I thought I was going to die. :) . But I made it through, although every single muscle and joint now wants a prolonged break.

Every workout gets assessed for Power, Speed, and Accuracy (and shown only to the user unless they want to share with the larger community). Here is my workout today:

q8z2a6g3qr48.jpg

As we wrap up March and our identity-based habits for this month I can confidently say:

"I am someone who commits to something, gives it her all, shows up and sees it through."

I will post the April challenge tomorrow afternoon!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,972 Member
    Options
    @themedalist , what a cool challenge!

My identity-based habit was a total win. “I am a dancer/caller” meant that once I had determined to track that habit, I danced or practiced dancing/calling every day except for one. I increased the number of dances I commit to calling. And I’m trying to be curious about why things don’t go as well as they should instead of withdrawing into only teaching tried and true easy dances.

Some of my other habits didn’t go so well, but I’ll try to be curious about why they didn’t flourish My 1000 hours outside challenge is also going well, and I keep trying to find ways to do more outside. That lead me to a better time to journal-after my reading time, I have been going outside to read my poetry for the day and that’s the time and place I can journal. Here is my final March tracker.
    e5zylr9fg0fp.jpeg

And here is my 1000 hours outside tracker.
    orasau2k39ne.jpeg