Active April Challenge 2022

Options

Replies

• melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    For the 1st day of April, I went line dancing again! It's a fun way to exercise and get my body moving. I do work up a sweat, and feel like I've been run over by a bus the next morning (now!) but I need exercise that is fun. The only downside to last night's dancing is that it was held at a smaller venue and was very crowded. I find I tend to get claustrophobic now when I am in places where there isn't a lot of space around me. I don't know if it's the whole Covid thing, but I ended up leaving early. I did get a lot of movement in though, before I left.

I was lamenting about my weight gain. I am down to 164.4 today, after being at 167.6 yesterday. So big gain, and slightly smaller loss. I flexed in the mirror yesterday after my shower and while you can't see my pea sized muscles, I could feel definition in my biceps! I have been doing elevated planks and push ups, as well as moving my arms and shoulders around willy nilly with dumbbells every other day or so. Nothing structured, as to me...that's not fun. And if it isn't fun, I ain't doing it! I do have Yoga Burn dvd's that I've yet to look at. I bought them at the beginning of the year. I have mats, blocks, bands, roller thingy and balls. I've got almost everything I need to do yoga, except the desire! Hoping I will get there sometime this month.

Well, time to start my day! Have a great Saturday y'all!

This is the key for all of us with exercise, find something you enjoy! If you don’t enjoy it then you will always end up finding an excuse not to do it or get bored with it and just stop.

Do try new things because you never know, you might be surprised to find you like something you weren’t sure about. Find things you love (for me it’s fitness dvds and my exercise bike as I love the fixed routine!). That way you will find yourself eager to do it and will get the most out of it.
  • melmerritt33
    Options
    Goal is to do five days exercise a week, one outdoors.

Yesterday did a 30 minute exercise routine. Today was a half hour walk. So that’s a good start to the month.

Hurt my back moving a couple of pieces of furniture yesterday so will take it easy tomorrow and maybe just do a ride on my exercise bike.
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Well scale still went up .2 this morning. I have been good with carbs all week, and activity has been good, so tomorrow if I don't see a change for the good I need to re-evaluate what I am doing. I really think stress and sleep is the issue here and I need to learn to relax.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Today's a new day. My mantra until I start really taking it to heart. Some setbacks, but nothing that a little time and self-love can't fix. Have a great Monday all!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    4/3/22

15+ minutes of activity 5 days a week
    1 of 5 days should be strength training
    1 of 5 days should be core/flexibility.=

No activity.

Add veggies and some fruits to my day.=

Green beans with dinner.

Keep under 100 carbs= Yes. 29.

Be more active at home by doing one bigger cleaning or organizing project a week.=

No activity.

Scale is still not cooperating.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    4/3
    Water retention for me with all my yard work over the last couple of days. Some could also be relaxing a bit on logging while I took the week off from work. I did measurements this morning and have seen small losses in the waist and hips and an increase in biceps and thigh. I think this is muscle gain since the scale has been fairly steady. Boy I have maintenance down cold so now to actively trim calories so I can see more definition in those muscles I’m building.
  • offitgoes
    Options
    Down a 1 lb today! Yay!! Did have a large bowl of popcorn. That is one thing I have every Sunday. Carbs were 103 for me and that is really good for the weekend. I normally eat around 150 to 200 carbs on the weekend. Went for a 2 mile walk in the afternoon. Off to a good start for the week!
  • melmerritt33
    Options
    Did a half hour session on the exercise bike today. So that’s 3 days this week already. Just need another two over the next few days to meet my goal.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    4/4/22

15+ minutes of activity 5 days a week
    1 of 5 days should be strength training
    1 of 5 days should be core/flexibility.=

Barre Blend workout outside on the deck

Add veggies and some fruits to my day.=

Big salad with dinner, strawberries for snack.

Keep under 100 carbs= Yes. 34.

Be more active at home by doing one bigger cleaning or organizing project a week.=

No activity.

Still no weight loss. Also still having a lot of joint pain and fatigue.
  • offitgoes
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Dropped another lb. Finally!! The week of sticking to it is now paying off.
    Yesterday 10,000 steps, carbs 89 net carbs 68. Was a good day yesterday. Now to keep it off.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    okie dokie.
    Park was nice yesterday. Perfect weather.
    Scale is behaving at my post-covid low of 173.2
    Today is also another nice day and I hope to finally get to incorporate upper body again now that the fibro pain has eased off.
    That's after I have to run the 17-year-old to his dual enrollment class this afternoon and sit in the car since gas prices are so bonkers.
    Here we go, KCKO
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    For 4/3-4/4
    SW 164
    CW 163.5
    GW 161

Daily NEAT- neglected
    Daily Plank- X, 45 sec
    220 min a week activity to include 1 of each (bike, barre, elliptical
    strength, outdoor walk) - 160 total, 30 strength yesterday
    House stairs 10/day (for real this time) -5
    Remain mindful of water and carb levels -water under, carbs on target.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Tonight's line dancing night! It's what I look forward to each week. In a couple of weeks, the classes will end. They are going to attempt another class at a different location, but it means a farther commute for me. I will try going, but not sure if I will keep at it. I go to bed so early, and on Wednesdays, I stay up longer than normal and am so tired the next day. So the different location will have me pushing bedtime back even longer. But I will give it a chance because I do love the dances so much!

I've changed my calorie goals to maintenance calories. I will still eat at a deficit most days, as I do want to lose another 10-15 pounds, but I'm having a harder time now. I am so hungry most of the time. I'm hoping that seeing that I can eat more will help me stick with it. We will see.

I am still 3-4 pounds more than I was at the end of March. Not really sure why. I double checked my entries for the last week of March into April, and I was eating at a deficit each day. A couple of days I was closer to the maintenance calories, but still at least 100 cal less. I will just keep going and see what happens.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    4/4-4/5
    Monday was a decent day but because I didn’t eat much early, I had some snacks later and didn’t have nearly the deficit I would like. Yesterday I went into the office and ate later than normal for dinner so I over ate, along with letting my saboteur talk me into a little bit of his pizza. I tried to pinpoint if I was eating to soothe something. Maybe stress from the day but I noticed I wanted sweets for some reason. I appeased that craving with a cookie at the office today. Boredom? Maybe? But more likely dealing with the bit of change in my routine.
  • melmerritt33
    Options
    Had a rest day yesterday. Did a half hour lower body workout today. Lots of squats and lunges, hard work and repetitive but I loved it! So I’ve done four days out of my goal of five. Planning an upper body workout tomorrow.