Active April Challenge 2022

Options

Replies

• melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    No exercise the last two days so didn’t meat my goal last week but I wasn’t feeling good earlier in the week and I’ve learnt the hard way that pushing yourself when you have a chronic pain condition is a really bad idea. So I allowed the rest.

Start of a new week for me, did a 30 minute full body workout and really enjoyed it. So at least I’ve done one day out of my goal of five already.

Tweaking my diet a little again this week in a final attempt to resolve my last remaining health issues. They’re more of an annoyance than serious problems as they don’t affect my daily life but I would really like them gone. So far every attempt has caused other problems that are worse but I have a final thing to try. Fingers crossed this goes well as if I have the same problems I’ve had before with this I’m looking at not meeting my goal again this week. But this is really important to me so missing a workout or two could be worth it.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    For 4/12-15
    SW 164
    CW 164
    GW 161

Daily NEAT- extra trips during laundry, not enough though. Need to keep this on the front burner.
    Daily Plank- skipped this week, will resume next week.
    220 min a week activity to include 1 of each (bike✔, barre, elliptical✔
    strength✔, outdoor walk✔) - lost track of total lol
    Remain mindful of water and carb levels -water good, carbs on target for the week

MFP on my computer and tablet work fine, app on phone won't sync. Annoying.
    Went outlet shopping with a friend yesterday. It was beautiful outside, got a couple good bargains and over 8000 steps. Calves are a little sore today and definitely have some inflammation. Hydrating today and will do a Barre workout this afternoon.
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Went camping Fri & Sat. Have not been camping for over 5 years. (Tent camping). And someone else is always in charge of the food - not this time. Temp at night got down in the 30'sF. No tent heater. DH was up at 3 am rebuilding a fire, but I stayed in the tent. So sleep was not much. We dutch oven cooked chicken chili for dinner along with a broccoli and cauliflower salad and dutch oven dump cake. All so good. Breakfast was omlete in a bag. Everything tasted great. Than on Saturday off on a 8 mile hike. Elevation Gain of 2,254ft. Did great until the last .5 mile. Too many rocks to slip on but hiking poles saved the day.

Saturday did over 11 miles of walking. The scale when I got home showed 153.8 Happy face!! ....(exhale) Sun ate too much. Not really bad but just too much. No Easter candy here. So this morning weighed in 156lbs. I am sure some of that is water gain from sore muscle. Legs are feeling it. Glad to get back into a routine.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    4/15-417/22

15+ minutes of activity 5 days a week
    1 of 5 days should be strength training
    1 of 5 days should be core/flexibility.=

Friday no workout unless you count a trip to Walmart before a holiday. Saturday strength training video. Sunday one mile walk.

Add veggies and some fruits to my day.=

Friday cole slaw and berries. Saturday a Mediterranean salad, green beans, and berries. Sunday green beans.

Keep under 100 carbs= 33,57, and 47.

Weekly home project= Not yet

The Easter bunny brought me a fast and furious stomach virus yesterday evening. I did half a coke slushee and a couple of French fries because those are my “sick” foods. Today I’ve got Instacart coming with keto sick foods! I did hit a new low weight but I’m sure once I’m able to eat and keep it down I will jump back up!
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Finally! A new low! 161.4!!! After all month of hanging around 165 and up, finally get the Whoosh! I was getting pretty discouraged. I went for a 45 minute walk yesterday after work, it was so nice out! Today what do I wake up to? SNOW!!! BOOO! I hope this is the last of this silly white stuff we see until December!

Does anyone else have issues with the app not posting a weight loss?
  • tishsmith101
    Options
    @NYPhotographer2021 My app won't sync to the website anymore. It's become useless and I may delete it.
  • offitgoes
    Options
    Last night gave into cravings :( It always takes me a few days to get back to good eating practices.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    4/18/22

15+ minutes of activity 5 days a week
    1 of 5 days should be strength training
    1 of 5 days should be core/flexibility.=

No workout due to illness

Add veggies and some fruits to my day.=

No veggies or fruits due to illness.

Keep under 100 carbs=52....when I finally got hungry again the only thing in the house that sounded appetizing was a Life Cuisine cauliflower crust pizza which had more carbs than I'd prefer but I ate it anyhow.

Weekly home project= Not yet

Back to work today and on plan! My low weight stuck around for this morning so we'll see where we go tomorrow. I except back up as I eat and drink some more. I know I'm a bit dehydrated.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    Options
    4/20 - 160.4
    New low for me! 10 more pounds and I'll be at goal! Of course I think it will take me at least 2 1/2 months to get there! But from the beginning of April to now, my weight was playing games with me! In the past, I would have caved and eaten a whole box of Kraft Mac & Cheese or something similar. This time I stayed strong! And patience finally paid off!

Have a great Wednesday! If you live in the NorthEast of the US, I hope you have power and are staying warm! This late season winter storm was a bad one!
  • tishsmith101
    Options
    @NYPhotographer2021 we fared better than most with that storm. Only 2" of snow in my neighborhood but most of my friends had more and lost power.

I'm still hovering at 164, appetite has been greater than I'd like and activity less. I will say that when outlet shopping last week, I tried on mediums instead of XL or large tops and dresses. About 5 years since I did that last. Now I have to remind myself not to rest on my laurels and press forward.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    Options
    @tishsmith101 That's awesome! It feels good not to have to wear xl now! I still buy large tops because I like my clothes loose. But my size 10 jeans are getting big!

We still have a lot out of power up here. Warrensburg and Ticonderoga areas are still really bad. My friend that lives in Schroon Lake finally got power back this morning.
  • offitgoes
    Options
    Yesterday was ok.:/ Could of been better but still trying to rein in those cravings at night. Had a hand full of peanut m&ms but still manage to stay with in calories. Scale is staying steady @ 156.2 for the pass 3 days.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,380 Member
    Options
    I apologize for not posting ... I have been in a funk for the past couple of weeks ...I have been walking each day and doing my food diary but that is about it ..I am finally coming around again ... I hope everyone is doing great

I felt the same way. I came to MFP and logged food, but didn't feel much like posting. Today is a new day. And if not, then tomorrow is a new day! Apply, rinse, repeat until it feels good. Hugs!

Glad to know I am not alone ...I can usually pull myself out of a funk ...not this time ... but I am feeling a little bit better ...hugs
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,380 Member
    Options
    4/20 walked 128 minutes ...5.08 miles ...Did not enjoy this walk due to my hips hurting ..stupid hip dysplasia ... food on point except I am over by 2 on carbs
  • melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Did a 30 minute lower body workout after work so just need one more workout this week to meet my goal of five days exercise. Planning upper body tomorrow.