Shape Shifters Team Chat - MAY 2022

Options

Replies

• LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    xo6reareeypf.png
    Good Morning Shape Shifters...what will YOU accomplish today? What's the plan?!
    Jessica

Good morning-got my Bodyfit by Amy workout in early this morning- will do yoga during lunch - stressed as my husband will need another surgery as his pancreas keeps draining & liquid coming out has increased EXPONENTIALLY so stents will have to be put in at the end of the pancreas where it was cut to redirect the flow towards the bile duct to the stomach
  • LaurieWrobo
    Options
    Current Maintenance Weigh In
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    May 23 Steps = 8435
    May 24 Steps = 11,450
    I'm looking forward to the weekend more than usually as it's my cousins wedding! I haven't seen a lot of my family in a long while. It will be super fun to reconnect with all my cousins. My Mother is the youngest of 12! so on her side of the family I have an abundance of cousins ;)
    Enjoy your Wednesday everybody.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,081 Member
    Options
    Hi SS... Another new member joining your awesome team... Please welcome @Queen_JessieA :)
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,107 Member
    Options
    Current Maintenance Weigh In

Hi @LaurieWrobo very sorry to hear your husband is dealing with another medical issue! Will be praying that the doctor's can repair the problem quickly...

I'm not sure you saw my note from a while back...most people set a 10 lb range for this Goal Zone range, but yours is only a 5 lb range. Wouldn't you like to do a 10 lb range to give you a little more flexibility in your maintenance routine? Think about it and let me know. I never got a response back when I asked before, so I'm assuming you never saw it.

Take care,
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    k5772qvspijp.jpg
    WELCOME to the team @Queen_JessieA and glad you found us! When you get a second, introduce yourself and tell us a little about your goal for June and the future.

I'm Jessica, your Captain and on behalf of the team and our Motivators @angmarie28 and @PatriceFitnessPal we hope you'll find this team as helpful and supportive as we have throughout our time here. Take a second and go back to pg 1 of this May chat thread and read our FAQ file which should answer any basic questions you have about the group. If you have other questions, just post them and one of us will try to find answers for you.

Again, welcome and let us know if there's anything we can do to make your journey a success.

Take care and good luck in June!
    Jessica :smile:
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    @LaurieWrobo I hope all goes well with your husband, I'm sorry to hear of the complications.
    Great job getting your workouts in.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    Options
    Today was temptation day and I got through it with just cheese and crackers over my plan so quite happy overall. How did you all fair today?
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Today was temptation day and I got through it with just cheese and crackers over my plan so quite happy overall. How did you all fair today?

@TheMrWobbly I've only had one meal so far today and had a really large salad, with no calorie dressing, cheese and croutons, with a few crackers and two leftover chicken teriyaki sticks from last night's dinner. was delicious. No time for snacking as work was hectic again today! Win WIN!

Jessica
  • LaurieWrobo
    Options

Stressful day waiting to hear on my husband's surgery - it was scheduled for next Friday - his surgeon's office called the other surgeon's office- it's now scheduled for this Friday as it's urgent to get the stents in

I made it through- got some protein in instead of grabbing crap

Doing some yoga soon to release tension

Glad you made it through💥💥💥
  • LaurieWrobo
    Options
    Great job @jessicakrall8 😘💥💥💥
    No I didn't know there was a 10lb leeway for maintenance- please put it from 150-160lb

Thank you.
  • LaurieWrobo
    Options
    Thank you @jessicakrall8 & @CasandraW for the good wishes
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Another new member heading your way ...Please welcome @tashasgotthis :)
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    Options
    Welcome @tashasgotthis and looking forward to hearing more about your journey.

I hope everything goes really well tomorrow @LaurieWrobo

Got my swim in the morning, received snide comments about lane etiquette when I got in the sauna and as is my want could not resist pointing out the actually the slower guy was the a**hole going three lengths without offering to let others pass and when I took upon myself to switch to the crawl to move out of his way he then picked up the pace just to make life more difficult. Then 5 awkward minutes of silence in the sauna before I left. The joys!
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    @CasandraW Glad you're feeling better. Hopefully your power is back on by now.
  • bearchested
    Options
    @TheMrWobbly I agree with your statement regarding choices (outside of health concerns that could make things more difficult).

This has been my second best year for weight loss and strength gain / muscle growth since my daughter was born almost 6 years ago. I've always struggled with making the positive choice when I'm stressed, or had a bad day. It's easy to make a bad decision in the moment, while the payoff for the good decisions is over time.

From January-March this year I decided an easy way to reduce calories consumed was not to consume added sugar, where possible, as well as not consume alcohol. I could count on one hand the number of times I broke my rules. I gave myself a break around my birthday in April, but due to a couple of trips and work events I've struggled to reimplement my rules lately. I've talked before that what's helped me the most is not just making good choices, but shifting my thinking about my identity in order to solidify these choices as habits. For example "I'm someone who doesn't need a treat or a drink when I'm stressed, or as a reward."

I'm getting back to naming this as my identity to help me achieve my weight loss goals this year, as well as my long term strength goals. This group helps me stay honest with myself and stay disciplined. Thank you all.
  • bearchested
    Options
    @LaurieWrobo Hope all goes well with your husband's surgery
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Hi SS's ....You have a new member joining your wonderful team ... Please welcome @Susanna527 :)
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    dw147z376j4m.jpg
    WELCOME to @tashasgotthis and @Susanna527 and glad you found our team! When you get a second, introduce yourselves so we can get to know you and some of the goals you've set for June and the future. I'm Jessica, your Captain. I think you'll find this team a great source of information, inspiration and support.

I'd recommend going back to pg 1 of this May chat thread and reading our FAQ file which gives you answers to the basics of how things work around here. If after reading that, you have questions that aren't listed, just post your questions and someone on the team will get back to you.

On behalf of the whole team and our Motivators @PatriceFitnessPal and @angmarie28 , we're glad you're here!

Take care and good luck in June!
    Jessica :smile:
This discussion has been closed.