WaistAways Team Chat - JUNE 2022

Options

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    The day started well, but a few things happened... and well, to say I'm miserably grumpy would be an understatement. Unfortunately so much so that it's in a bit of a self sabotaging place.

I didn't turn to food, but I'm miserable for those around me. I would normally eat to feel better, but I've put myself to bed. I can do less damage there!
  • once_mas
    once_mas Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Time for the Saturday lineup!
    @eggfreak
    @kellie_erin
    @veronica1359
    @lauren_989
    @once_mas

And please catch up those who are late:
    @ametoyer1969
    @Ddukbokki69450
    @EvMakesChanges
    @micki48

Thanks!

@jugar
    once_mas
    Saturday
    Pw 65.5kg
    Cw 66.3kg
  • mmarceau2
    mmarceau2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Long time no see. I am Marie. 49 years old. Mother of two free thinkers, argumentative, bright and demanding boys. I am also a musician, a horse rider, a skier, a swimmer and a cyclist...Before the pandemic, I was 127 pounds for roughly 5 years without trying that hard. I was swimming 5 times a week and eating well without really making an effort. When the pools closed at the beginning of the pandemic, I went from 127 to 135, and I still haven't been back to 127. I was 129 for a while but went back to this cursed 135. I tried a couple of times to join this group and I abandoned after a few weeks. I have been going through a chaotique period since early March when my 9 year old son had a severe concussion in a ski accident, a few days later, we got Covid, then I started a tour ( I am a musician) and while on tour, we had a massive water damage due to a washing machine running water for 12 hours destroying our oak floors and filling up our basement where we had tones of belongings. Nothing is resolved yet with the insurance and we have no idea when we will be leaving the house for the floor to be destroyed and rebuilt...and the list of reasons to indulge is longer.... Anyway... All this to say that stress and lack of sleep brought a lot of sugar into my blood stream in the last few months. I have a sweet tooth and when I am really tired I loose control. But things are about to change! I will start writing my intake... and face my urges...

I was 135 last week.
    I am 134.8 this week.

My goal for the week is to lose between 0.5 and 1 pound.
    My goal for the summer is to be back at 127 before we leave for England on July 17th.
    My overall goal is to be at 125 before I turn 50 in September

Yes... Just like you @YinxFed, I find the effects of being pre menopaused challenging, but like you, I find Liselyn (@jugar) really inspiring... so if she did it, we can do it!

My other weekly goal is to log in my food intake... It is something I haven't done for 20 years...

Have a good week everyone!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Welcome back @mmarceau2 ... so nice to see you again!
    All I can say is... WOW! Stressed must not even begin to summarize how you feel.
    Glad you have found your way back to us and I am looking forward to seeing you accomplish your goals.
    The concussion in particular must have been hard for your family. Hope your son is doing better but I know the effects can be long lasting.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Exercise catchup:
    6/2: 13556 steps
    6/3: 5473 steps + 46 minutes Peloton
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Alright, mood is reset. Honestly some days when I get like that, the ONLY thing to do is to go to bed. Staying awake and continuing to spread my "joy" to the world does me no good!

We don't have the bikes up at the lake this weekend, so today's exercise will definitely be walking. It's supposed to be quite rainy here the next while, but I'll aim to get my 10,000 steps today at minimum. The complex we're in is quite small so I can feel a bit like a hamster in a wheel, but that's okay.. if I really want I can leave and walk the roads a bit (safer than it sounds!)

Enjoy the day.
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    PW= 188
    CW= 89,10Kg
    steps 29-04
    Sunday - 6,160
    Monday - 8,054
    Tuesday - 1,165
    Wednesday - 4,963
    Thursday - 6,447
    Friday - 3,985
    Saturday - 4,470

Back to normal life, my vacation ended. I love to know USA (NYC and Chicago), I walked a lot, now at home I want to rest a bit 🤣😂.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    How's the new gig @kellie_erin ?

@veronica1359 You know it's a good vacation when you need a vacation from your vacation ;) Glad you had fun
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    CW: 219.8 😳

@jugar I didn't know that sugar makes you itch more! Last day of prednisone is tomorrow and I didn't have any cake this weekend! Looking forward to a better week!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    @micki48 total sympathy with that feeling here - I can get very down/wistful looking at my closet these days knowing that only about 10% of it can fit me right now. It would be less in my face if we didn't have to wear clothes every day. (I may be advocating for a nudist colony.)

brunch went well today but I couldn't hang onto feeling full after my meal.. so when I got home, I went crazy with snacking. probably the closest to a binge that I've been in more than a solid week. however, now hours later, I'm still not hungry for dinner, so fine! Not going to push myself to eat if I can save the calories and fill up on water (I am very thirsty). I took an hour walk which felt good. Heading into an arm workout now, and then maybe a barre video as well since I've been enjoying them a lot lately. I want to be really on the ball Sunday and Monday so that Fri/Sat slip ups don't doom my tues weigh-in, since the rest of this week was really solid! @jugar I'm still "logging everything" for the tracker, even if it isn't pretty! I think that was my downfall last month. Face the music.

@mmarceau2 talk about stressful!! I hope your son is doing okay now! insurance is SUCH a hassle. but welcome back, and remember we are always all ears for venting! helps me a lot to let it out. :)
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,089 Member
    Options
    Our new and unique Group Challenge begins tomorrow, Sun June 5th. Get creative and join us for 1, 2, 3 Click. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10866189/june-week-2-group-challenge-1-2-3-click#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :blush:
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 I'm glad your mood is back to the sunny side of the street :sunglasses: - those horrible grumpy passages are no fun for anyone. I had a friend who kept a bright yellow ball cap on a hook near the door. Anyone in the house who was just in one of those horrible moods had to wear it, and everyone else would just leave them alone. If you were NOT wearing the yellow cap, you had to be nice!

@mmarceau2 so good to see you back! Yes, logging food is a drag, but it really helps to get a handle on what goes in, and gives you a way to plan a meal ahead and then feel all proud for sticking with it. But as @Kali225 so wisely said, you have to log the good, the bad - everything. It also helps show up mysteries and be part of the experiment on your own body. What works? What causes problems? Sometimes the same number of calories will have a different effect, so logging is a good way to see those patterns or exceptions. In any case, you'll make it!

@lauren_989 I bet you'll be glad when the prednisone is over. And the poison ivy is gone, I hope! I'm so glad there isn't any around up here. Where I grew up there was lots of it, and I had a couple of seriously horrific bouts of the stuff when I was a kid. Never want that again!

@kellie_erin We're all rooting for you with the full-time work and the the Masters degree - as you say, stress can make it hard to lose, but eating cleanly and keeping track of that will help you work and study better. One less stress - so hang in there and come here for a good vent any time!
  • jugar
    Options
    Last Call!

Final weigh-ins for the week are due -
    @ametoyer1969
    @Ddukbokki69450
    @Athletatrade
    @EvMakesChanges
    @bonnie_red
    @eggfreak

Try to post them by first thing tomorrow morning at the latest. Thanks!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @jugar gougounes are not known for their stability and ruggedness for all-terrain travel. My husband is always wearing his when we have to carry large, heavy, or awkward items from the car to the house so I'm always the one who gets to walk backwards since I'm the sucker who decided to wear actual shoes.

I hope you're feeling better after your wipeout!

Our dock rebuild is finally almost done. It took 2 days longer than anticipated. I didn't even make it to the breakfast club today, it was another day of 'wake up and go'!

Random occurrence this week, we have a stray peahen (female peacock) wandering around our street. She roosted on our roof Thursday night and now she's wandered over to a neighbour. She makes a honk that sounds like a rubber clown horn! Someone's pet has escaped and we don't know how to trap her and track down her people! Hopefully she doesn't get hurt while we try to figure it out. We think she escaped from the local Buddhist temple but I haven't found any contact info, so I might be taking a drive tomorrow to ask.
    Something you never expect to see running wild in rural Quebec..... Peacocks!
  • jugar
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey a peahen!! My stars. There was a farm near us that had several peacocks years ago. That will be interesting going over to the Buddhist temple to see if she comes from there. It's true they make some pretty wild sounds - but I'll always think of the clown horn now :smiley:
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    @jugar CW 181
    Crazy days but moving along. Now, to make time to catch up with all of you!
    I sure hope you didn’t crack your head, LA!
    Be well, y’all.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    I was so confused about what gougounes are (even though I think you said flip flop too @jugar )... I technically speak French too (although not well anymore) but that was a new one to me.

Didn't know the name for a female peacock was a peahen either.. so I'm getting quite an education tonight.

@jugar That yellow hat idea is a good one. The worst part is that I let work stress and frustration and a situation that happened about 4 p.m. ruin my night. Well, I ruined my night.. but you know what I mean. Today was better in every way.. the rain didn't come so we got the boat out, we had a nice day of fun in general... sitting with a fire now.

@Kali225 Good job on logging everything. Not always fun, but I think it makes a big difference. Hope you enjoyed your workout buffet! Lots of different fun in there.
This discussion has been closed.