ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    6/4 exercise:
    13988 steps
  • bonnie_red
    bonnie_red Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    CW: 162.0

I'm so so so sorry that I'm late!! This week got very busy and I was unexpectedly out of town yesterday!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

3n5enje9ai2w.png
    254tuwphzz8l.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    n31o2uu5d4jm.png

By Pounds
    8d2b6g0ilxgu.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    4mcqc6zywfgu.png

By Pounds
    fb39dv2zz0ck.png
    l8da7lpoikq9.png

Team Winners
    5cl1q3xq78x1.png
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    bonnie_red wrote: »
    CW: 162.0

I'm so so so sorry that I'm late!! This week got very busy and I was unexpectedly out of town yesterday!

And such a great week! You would have been second on our top 3 and bumped me off :lol: We'll still count you as #2 in any case, so you get to wear the awesome tiaras along with @Gidgitgoescrazy and @JessiBelleW :smiley:

@ashleycarole86 What a crazy time for you - but I have every confidence that you will power through and make as many of the things as are actually possible come to be. You're reminding me of the sign I had posted on my office door for years:
    6rtb9r3yz0mf.png
    BUT I'm going to come back to self talk for a minute. Yes you like to make, have, and control the plan. Yes you are at your best when everything is clicking along as it is planned to be. BUT that does not define you - your resilience does not "go down" when you are stressed by unplanned things firing from all directions. Unplanned chaos causes anxiety for sure, but firing up on the chaos energy and getting through all the things is a good way to put that anxiety to use. That hyped up feeling is power and energy - dance with it! Of course, it cannot and should not last for long, but change the self talk a bit to make friends with the wild and unpredictable. Enjoy the whirlwind for a bit. Things will get back to a more regulated style soon - you've got this!

and I hope your balloon ride works out, but if it doesn't you get a free day to catch up, do some Peloton, or just veg a bit. Hugs to you!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 anxiety for things 100% out of your control are the worst! The only thing you can control is your reactions to stressors. You know what's ahead of you, challenge-wise, and knowing you, you have backups and alternate plans waiting to fire off once things are more certain.

Sucks about the golf clothes shopping. The time crunch is taking something that probably would have been fun into a rushed chore.

Hope your mom gets better soon, and good for you to vocalize your feelings and make set plans to not turn to food for comfort.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 I hope your mom feels better soon! It definitely sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now. Make sure you take a few minutes for you every day!

I had a great time with my sister visiting! We went to a winery which was beautiful and the weather was perfect! I made sure to get my exercise in each day and I ate a "normal" breakfast and lunch. Now that all my visitors have left, I'm looking forward to getting back into my routine and getting some of these pounds I gained last week back off!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Kali225 wrote: »
    sunday check-in for me... welp, today went not really to plan and ended with a total carb load/binge. I've given myself a migraine from it, so that feels terrible. I'm going to wait until my laundry can be moved to the dryer and then try to go to bed. New day tomorrow.
    Well, we both fell off the log and stay on track thing today - so that's it! One day is OK. Tomorrow will be on track, all tracked, and we'll feel really well. I just didn't feel like logging today. I did not eat too badly, but still included some corn chips and other snacky things... Those will leave the scene for tomorrow.

Off we go for a new week! The Sunday weigh-in people have led us off. What is your plan for the week? Anything need to change? A new experiment? Some hard stuff to deal with is already out there for a few of us, so keep up the suggestions for best practices on getting through rough weeks. Ideas are always welcome!

Weigh-in update:

due today - @Gidgitgoescrazy
    due Monday -
    @MoonlitMuse
    @DD265
    @CarolAnnM2

Thanks!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Late on my introduction but I’m Michele from Pa ( formerly NC). I’m about to turn 58 this week on the 8th. I recently moved from NC to the Philadelphia area and my husband and I are currently living in a house we rent with my daughter, SIL, and granddaughter who is 4.

I’ve been with Waistaways since February 2019 and have so much gratitude for this group of amazing people. I’ve learned a lot. But also, lately, have ignored all I learned. As a result, my weight has catapulted upward 12.5 pounds since March when we moved. I see that weight. I feel the weight. My blood pressure is up and I had to increase my dosage. ☹️

I have been ignoring all I need to do to take care of me because life feels temporary and unsettled. I need to get back to routine and make myself feel settled. Part of that is we have not completely unpacked because it’s only for a year-ish and we’ve combined households as well.

Whatever I’ve been doing since we moved is not working. In fact, it’s really dangerous to my health. I have to take care of me! But life is kind of wild and different. Definitely a challenge. I live in a house of snackers now. I can’t do that because I’m also a meal eater. I’ve been fighting an upper respiratory virus for a week and just haven’t felt my best.

My SIL has found a new job which started last week, so now my husband and I are back to taking care of my granddaughter while her parents work. She has found her sassy lately which is fun. I will also be one of her teachers come fall.

Life is challenging. But I am here ready to try again. I know I’ll make poor choices sometimes, but I’m grateful knowing I have you all to encourage and support me. And me you.

I have not had a chance to catch up on all the posts so I hope everyone is ok. @ashleycarole86 sorry to hear about your mom. Hope they can get her Afib under control soon.

@Kali225 Thanks for the support. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you as well. We can do this. We have done it. ❤️

I am focusing on my nutrition, self-care, and activity this month.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Hello! Oh my weekend wasn't at all what I planned. I finally caught the cold my boys have had. The massages were rescheduled for later this month. I still managed to get my daughter and her friend to the art museum and they had a great time ☺. I was just so tired by the time I got home. Today I am improving but still congested. Just rested and eating was okay. Not great but not totally off track either. Normally when I get sick it's just toast, soup and crackers all day long. Managed to get some decent protein in! I have no time to be sick so back to work tomorrow with lots to do! I also need to get groceries and the fridge is pretty bare. I have to go tomorrow or the guinea pigs and I will fight over the last bit of lettuce and cucumbers.

@ashleycarole86 Hope your mom feels better 💓. Can you do some curb side pick up on golf clothes? Get several sizes and styles and just return what you don't want when your schedule opens up.
This discussion has been closed.