June 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Well after all this time of avoiding it, I now have COVID. I took a home test on Friday and it was positive. Symptoms so far have been a head cold and the feeling of being tired. I took two naps yesterday and still slept 8.5 hours last night. On Saturday, I managed to run 3 miles and walk 2.5 miles. Yesterday I did absolutely nothing all day except for the previously mentioned napping. This morning I walked almost 4 miles when I got up. Not sure what my running will be this week. I’m just playing it by ear and focusing on kicking this thing.

Ouch @7lenny7! I can’t imagine the pain that caused you. I hope any additional surgery is quick and heals fast.

@katharmonic – You are a total beast!! How did I miss that you were doing TWO Spartan races this weekend? Congratulations!!!

Glad all is well with you and your short-cut adventure @eleanorhawkins.

So exciting @marisap2010 that your town may be the new home for the RNR Marathon! And you get to be in the video! I hope it all works out for Macon.

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Hugs to everyone with injuries and illness 🖤🖤🖤 Sending speedy recoveries to all
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @Runaroundafieldx2 and @noblsheep
    Hang in there, it will get easier!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,437 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @Runaroundafieldx2 and @noblsheep
    Hang in there, it will get easier!

^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,437 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 great news no surgery required!
    @marisap2010 right? Summer marathon training is craziness 🥵 I feel your pain. Mine is in December, so really I won't have to do the bulk of specific marathon training in the dead of summer. But need to be building a large base to have a chance. Best of luck to you!

Did 6 miles on the treadmill this evening.

exercise.png
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    Nice running @martaindale ! I know being back in Houston and the heat was hard.

Having fun is the main thing @yirara . You're doing great.

Oh my @eleanorhawkins ! I'm so glad you weren't seriously hurt and eventually made your way to the top and a great view, and sounds like a great day overall. You're amazing.

Nice running @kgirlhart . Good job on taking breaks and staying in the shade. Love your pictures of Sunny (Lily) and the jack rabbit.

Ouch @7lenny7 ! For some reason the fingers just pound and throb so much when they are hit/hurt. That looks awful. I hope the surgery goes well and it won't be long before you can get back to running! Good news that you aren't going to need surgery and that walking doesn't make it hurt. You'll be back to your old self in no time. (It's amazing what our heart rate monitors can tell us. I know that had to hurt!)

@katharmonic The B&B is in Indialantic, FL....east coast. Congratulations on your two Spartan races in a row! You did great!

@marisap2010 Nice job on your runs. I did the talk test that Matt Fitzgerald has in his book to determine my Zones. But, like I said, that was a while back, so they are probably different now. I hope Macon can get the RNR marathon and it's fantastic that you get to be in the promotional video!

@Teresa502 So sorry to hear that you have CoVID. I hope you continue to have minor symptoms and get better quickly. Take it easy and if napping is all you can do for the day, nap away.

Welcome @Runaroundafieldx2 . Glad you are feeling better after a long illness.

You have to start somewhere @noblsheep ! Glad you are back! A lot of my runs are scrappy and I haven't had a long break.

@AlphaHowls You are amazing to run in those temps with a bumm ankle!

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,975 Member
    Options
    Awesome pictures @katharmonic!

@Teresa502 I hope your symptoms stay mild and you feel better soon.

@7lenny7 Glad you won't have to have surgery.

Welcome back @Runaroundafieldx2 and @noblsheep.

@marisap2010 I hope Macon gets the race. How cool that you got to be in the video.

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic Love the pictures. You look so strong. Also Love the story of the disabled and 95 year old veteran! Amazing.

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @katharmonic Love the pictures. You look so strong. Also Love the story of the disabled and 95 year old veteran! Amazing.

^^^^^This! Strong and happy!