June 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins I bet the mental toughness on scary inclines comes back quicker than you expect.
    @7lenny7 ouch! I'm glad it seems to be healing quickly for you though!

I went out planning to do a long run this morning. I've got a half marathon coming up and am not feeling ready. But not long into the run, and my hip was feeling off [again, it's like it comes and goes and I can't figure it out]. I thought I could fight my way through the run, but that might make it worse and I'd regret it. Thought of @MobyCarp. Took a scenic route back home to finish at 8.5 km, changed out my pack & visor for bike helmet, gloves and bright vest, and went out for a spin instead. Kept going until my total time between both workouts equalled the time it would've taken me to do the run, so 21 km cycling. Then I did my PT stretches for my hip, and later ran back to the school and a coffee shop for a "date" with hubby & daughter. It didn't feel too bad, but definitely niggly. Oh well.
    j4l0mu1tmrf0.jpg

@polskagirl01 hugs! Stupid hip! I saw your run to bike and wondered if you had gone into triathlon mode.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    @shanaber I hope those routes around the hotel are nice!
    @polskagirl01 way to get the work in! Glad @MobyCarp was talking to you ❣️
    @eleanorhawkins you will overcome and gain your mental toughness in no time. That stinks about your flight. Hope you can get it worked out.

Had a little extra time today so did 7 easy treadmill miles. HR average was 99bpm! That IS taking it easy 😉
    Right on track for the middle of the month, but don't think I'll get a long run in this weekend as we are traveling to Austin. We will do some hiking and kayaking, but don't think running is in the picture.
    So may end up short at the end of the month.

exercise.png
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    @polskagirl01 it sounds like you made the right move switching to the bike. The one piece of advice from @MobyCarp I heed the most is that when you come back from an injury or even a niggle, once you feel ready to get back to running...wait one more day. I think that's served me well.
    Yes, that's definitely good advice! I'm getting better at following it.