Options

Replies

• JbeanR0212
    JbeanR0212 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    MUAC Daily Post: Wednesday (7/20)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes - Gross Under / 💧160oz.
    Exercise: Yes - 💪409 kcal’s : 1hr. Walk, Yoga, HIIT + Strength ⛑ +17 PAI (271), 👟 13,031

Goals/Day/Comments: Whew still feeling my marathon style Sunday!

“Just when the caterpillar thought the world was ending it turned into a butterfly” - Chinese Proverb
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    @ajdvegan what a lovely trip. It sounds like you really enjoyed creating new memories with your loved ones. Glad to see you back and always impressed by your weigh in.
  • KimR_1986
    KimR_1986 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    KimR_1986
    PW:291.7
    CW:291.8

Not bad considering I ate chick fil'a for lunch yesterday, I forgot how horribly salty it is.
  • KimR_1986
    KimR_1986 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    @daffygirl Yea I had no idea how easy it is to hurt yourself just going for walks if you're not used to it. I got scolded by the nurse pretty hard for "exercising more than 15-20 minutes at a time" since I'm class 3 morbidly obese and we can look at increasing that allotment when I enter the overweight category which is 90lbs away for me. So back to tweaking my diet I go to find my happy place.
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    KimR_1986 wrote: »
    Daily 7/18
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes

Daily 7/19
    Under: no
    Exercise: no and no more for the next month and a half.

Well now I've gone and hurt myself trying to exercise like a fit person for the GoT challenges. Spent today at the doctors office after a god awful amount of pain in my foot and ankle when I woke up this morning. Turns out I gave myself peroneal tendonitis and the order to stay off my feet and wear a brace for 6 weeks to let it heal before I do any permanent damage. To say I feel a bit defeated is an understatement.

@KimR_1986 I am so so sorry to see this. You definitely need to take care of you right now. It is so tough to get your mind straight to get back on track and feel you are doing well and have it all come to a screeching halt. Please listen to the docs and get yourself back on track.... if you rush it you end up prolonging it. We will definitely be waiting and ready to compete with you when you get back!

I was so afraid of doing the same thing. I had knee surgery in Aug 2020 which took way way way too long to get back up and going again. Planned a vaca for Anniversary in Sept 21 and in Aug 21 strained a calf muscle and was down and out again - it was more complicated but that is the jist of it and had to cancel that one. Hoping for this Sept and definitely don't want to have to postpone again. And the topper was neither time I really hurt myself, I actually DID anything that I could label as a way to hurt it. No idea how I tore my MCL at the root I was just working ALOT (desk job) but not much exercise and then for my calf I just was walking across the parking lot to work, one step fine, next step I could NOT even walk.. like not at all. Limped and cried all the way into work and sat at first visitor chair I could reach and sobbed. Realizing as I write this that maybe I need to tell the fam that work is bad for me. I will update you all on if that reasoning flies here at home. :D
  • Naija82
    Naija82 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Daily 7/18

Daily 7/19

Well now I've gone and hurt myself trying to exercise like a fit person for the GoT challenges. Spent today at the doctors office after a god awful amount of pain in my foot and ankle when I woke up this morning. Turns out I gave myself peroneal tendonitis and the order to stay off my feet and wear a brace for 6 weeks to let it heal before I do any permanent damage. To say I feel a bit defeated is an understatement.

So sorry to hear that, really sucks. Hoping you recover soon, just take the time to heal
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Daily 7/18

Daily 7/19

I am so sorry Kim! I know how much of a curve ball an injury can take on your journey! Please keep your head up and take the time you need to heal ❤️

• Naija82
    Naija82 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Update: Wed 20th Jul
    Track: Nothing to track
    Calories: 0, currently 27hrs into a 42hr fast, 15 more to go!!
    Exercise: Yes - 23037 steps, 7.39 mile walk in 2 hrs, 31mins
    Goals/Day/Comments: Don't really feel like I haven't eaten all day, not hungry but have that little urge to eat. Fasting and Low carb can be quite a challenge sometimes because I love food, the amount of food I can put away if left to it is scary!! Sometimes I just want to say forget this and go ahead and eat that family bag of crisps. Looking at how my body is keeps me in check
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    7/20
    Tracked: yes
    Exercise: barely lol, but yes. 1/2 mile walk. Start PT tomorrow, so we shall see what my restrictions are.
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    Daily 7/18

Daily 7/19

I am so sorry Kim! I know how much of a curve ball an injury can take on your journey! Please keep your head up and take the time you need to heal ❤️

@mooreshelly09 I worry about you hun! You better listen to your own advice here.

• BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    July 20

📊: Yes
    ⬇️: Yes
    👟: Yes
    💬: The weight gain has made me so sluggish at working out but definitely putting energy into the workouts. It's interesting to see how your body changes and the consequences of those changes. Im ready to get back to where I was and better than before :)
  • BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Naija82 wrote: »
    Update: Wed 20th Jul
    Track: Nothing to track
    Calories: 0, currently 27hrs into a 42hr fast, 15 more to go!!
    Exercise: Yes - 23037 steps, 7.39 mile walk in 2 hrs, 31mins
    Goals/Day/Comments: Don't really feel like I haven't eaten all day, not hungry but have that little urge to eat. Fasting and Low carb can be quite a challenge sometimes because I love food, the amount of food I can put away if left to it is scary!! Sometimes I just want to say forget this and go ahead and eat that family bag of crisps. Looking at how my body is keeps me in check

There's nothing like a fasted low carb to zero carb body. Everyone looks and (best part) feels amazing :)

If you're zero carb, you don't get carb cravings :)
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,661 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 20 July
    Under: barely :|
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    JbeanR0212 wrote: »
    Daily 7/18

Daily 7/19

@mooreshelly09 I worry about you hun! You better listen to your own advice here.

Right???
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    I goobered up the formatting on the above post but you get the idea. LOLOL
  • MamaSunflowers
    MamaSunflowers Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 In August I will be traveling for 3 weeks and so can't weigh in. I would like to stay in the team so I can continue in September once I'm home again. Would that work? Should I just weigh in for the weeks I have access to a scale in August and just check in without a new weight for the weeks I'm away?
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In Post: (Thursday)
    JbeanR0212
    Week 3
    PW = 160.6
    CW = 158.1

• JbeanR0212
    Options
    MUAC Daily Post: Thursday (7/21)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes - Net Under / 💧176oz.
    Exercise: Yes - 💪436 kcal’s : HIIT, Tai Chi, Walking + Strength ⛑ +30 PAI (280), 👟 11,457

Goals/Day/Comments: Dying to put my new climber to work but patience is a virtue right? Even though they were still sore I was telling myself “no pain, no gain”. I thought I had recovered enough to do the Darbee Lumberjack workout on my morning break (GoT challenge). Oye was I wrong! Quads weren’t only screaming but were literally shaking and wobbly on the last set (3). Stretch it out, walk it off, Ice, rest, repeat. Fighting to hear the message below but sharing to others who might also benefit.

“Sometimes the most productive thing you can do is rest.” - Mark Black
    REST DAYS
    ✔️ RESTOCK GLYCOGEN STORES
    ✔️ BUILD STRENGTH
    ✔️ MINIMIZE FATIGUE
    ✔️ REDUCE RISK OF OVERUSE INJURIES
    ✔️ AVOID MENTAL BURNOUT
    ✔️ HELP YOUR BODY REPAIR ITSELF
  • sandkp
    Options
    WEIGH IN
    Username: sandkp
    July Week #3
    startingW: 225.4
    HighestW: 226.0
    PW: 203.0
    CW: 206 4

Okay team.. I am floundering and that mountainclimber is rising again. I watch the scale rise and just picture the price is right game... at what weight does it fall off the mountain? I also know that carbs aka pasta for me creates an instant gain that doesnt go away. I can gain 1 or 2 lbs overnight and then never fall back to the before weight. I was 197 end of May.. summer with the boys home and fixing more homey meals definitely has not helped me! I have picked up more exercise with GoT challenge but not back to the high intensity stuff I was doing in dec to feb.. but then had to back off for fear of injury. I wont give up, just have to reevaluate how best to get a good workout... if I dont sweat I dont seem to lose... weights may tone but they just have me hold or gain. I know the scale isnt everything... that is why I measure too.. and yeah they have gone up too. I need to refocus my food plan in my eating window and maybe try some longer fasting to jumpstart myself.

Sorry for rambing here but it helps me to go back n read my rambled thoughts.
  • sandkp
    Options
    MUAC Daily Post: Wednesday (7/20)
    Calories: no
    Exercise: no
    Fast: goal 16 hr actual 16 hrs 31 min
This discussion has been closed.