July 2022 - Daily Discipline

Options
123457»

Replies

• zenobia9777
    zenobia9777 Posts: 277 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    August?!!! Checking in for my daily inspiration. I did pretty well yesterday but I ate too much popcorn. Going to buy the 100 calorie bags again.

I think it would probably help me stay on track if I would just concentrate on baby steps in other areas of my life. I get bored and then I eat. I do not always find the fun in the following tasks. I need Mary Poppins.

So this is what I'm working on:

<ul>Family photos (many from non digital generation and some have never been scanned)</ul>

<ul> Filing paperwork and trying not to save so much</ul>

<ul> Making decisions on things I save that I don't know where to store
    </ul>

<ul>Trying to find some fun in going through old stuff in the garage that needs to be purged</ul>

<ul>wondering how I could add some new enjoyment to my life without spending money or eating! </ul>

Does anybody else relate to this as an issue in eating habits? For a while I had a compulsive eating diary because I have had issues with that. It's probably not a bad idea to think about the emotional causes.

I can't get my unordered list tags to work.
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    @zenobia9777 I've been boredom eating a lately also. Not a whole lot, and it's not something I normally do, but it's been enough that my weight has creeped up a couple of pounds. I've also been stressed over not having my car back yet, so that doesn't help.
    I use MFP's food log, it has a notes section at the bottom of the page. I haven't used it yet but, now that you've mentioned a diary, maybe I'll start making notes when I find myself wanting to mindlessly snack.
    Unordered lists: I think you have to put the <ul> and </ul> at the beginning and end of the overall list and the items inside get surrounded by <li> </li>
  • SparkSpringtime69
    edited July 2022
    Options
    nope, I just tried it and it didn't work
  • SparkSpringtime69
    Options
    • Entry A
    • Entry B
    1. Entry 1
    2. Entry 2
  • SparkSpringtime69
    edited July 2022
    Options
    What I just did above used BBCode instead of HTML
    If you click on the BBCode note right below the comment box it'll take you to the Wikipedia page where it shows the HTML and BBCode alternatives for a bunch of things. Hope that helps
  • spirittrail
    spirittrail Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    @CeeBeeSlim Hugs!!! 😊 I completely understand that desire to measure food in order to best gauge portion sizes in the future! I have a little food scale and there was a time I measured 3oz of meat, 6 0z of vegetables, etc. Once I was able to eyeball it, I stopped using it. So I think it's a great tool to use in the beginning but eventually I found I didn't need it. I also have found by deleting unhealthy foods, measuring is a non issue.
    Oh honestly CeeBee....I much prefer to live without stepping on the scale DAILY. It's like having chocolate or some other vice in the house. If it's not there you can't use it. When I remember what stepping on the scale DAILY did to my mental health. If it was negative, I was sad all day. If it was positive, I would feel accomplished and eat! 😜 I love ❤️ wearing smaller clothes, measuring my heart by climbing stairs over taking an escalator. Those are TRUE gauges I can feel good about and can improve upon without feeling horrible about myself. I have just started but so far enjoying the ritual of walking up to the Community Centre nearby and weighing myself infrequently. BEST of all I love not having to vacuum and mop around that killjoy scale. 😂
  • spirittrail
    spirittrail Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    @SparkSpringtime69 ...... I came up with this fast via....my sister being told to fast for 12 hours before blood work on a weekday morning....and doing research on intermittent fasting. So being an experimental type of person, I gave it a try. What makes it easy is yes....you are fasting naturally for 10 to 12 hours. One example I found was a 16/8 window of fasting. 16 hours without....an 8 hour window of healthy eating. That's my goal! I'm really surprised I'm able to do 14 hours some days!! Im not setting a 16/8 plan yet as I know I'm not ready....
    😆 Oh the more I stay away from certain foods the easier it is to stop them. I tried an experiment this week of having a Starbucks Frappuccino to see if it was a viable substitute for ice cream. Oh well.....that was a huge FAIL! I really didn't like it at all! I used to love them....all I could taste was sugar and yes....chemicals. I'm sticking with my pint of Ben and Jerrys for now!! SAME amount of calories as two Fraps and MUCH more satisfying!! I think I can take it down to every 10 days now though. 😊

I love reading what is working for everyone! Just remember YOU are an individual so BLAZE your own trail!! That's why I'm Spirittrail on MFP. 😉
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Been on the road! Back down to NC to pick up parents for their next round of doc appts. Road tripping was hard this time - had subway and one of their cookies. All stress. Sigh.

@spirittrail Thanks for the laugh! “Killjoy”! I was supposed to measure myself. I’ll have to do it when I’m back home!
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    What I just did above used BBCode instead of HTML
    If you click on the BBCode note right below the comment box it'll take you to the Wikipedia page where it shows the HTML and BBCode alternatives for a bunch of things. Hope that helps

I've never looked at that before. I used to use a lot of HTML tagging but it's been a while. Thanks for the tip!
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    The worst part about stress eating for me is that usually I don't even enjoy it. Eat that Ben and Jerry's and enjoy it! Don't waste the calories, right?

I guess the exercise paid off because over the last 2 weeks I'm down about a pound. I went up last week. The graph looks a little bumpy but the main point is that I'm staying the course overall. I just want to be mindful.

On to yoga today.

Enjoy your last day of July.
  • SparkSpringtime69
    Options
    Happy end of July everyone, see you in August.
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    @zenobia9777 I've been boredom eating a lately also. Not a whole lot, and it's not something I normally do, but it's been enough that my weight has creeped up a couple of pounds. I've also been stressed over not having my car back yet, so that doesn't help.
    I use MFP's food log, it has a notes section at the bottom of the page. I haven't used it yet but, now that you've mentioned a diary, maybe I'll start making notes when I find myself wanting to mindlessly snack.
    Unordered lists: I think you have to put the <ul> and </ul> at the beginning and end of the overall list and the items inside get surrounded by <li> </li>

I just saw that notes section for food or exercise. That would be a good tool to try to identify triggers!