Options
    8/15
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes - spin class
  • JbeanR0212
    JbeanR0212 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    @sandkp as Pumba once said "put your behind in your past!" Or was it Timon? Either way, the past is done, all we can do is learn from it and move on. Today is a new day, do what you need to do today in order to be successful. And then do it again tomorrow. If you slip up, learn from it and start again. It's what we all do on a daily basis. You got this! <3

I’m certain I too needed to read this exchange from both of you. So relatable phrased perfectly. I want that button! What she said @sandkp! Thanks @daffygirl88. To err is to be human. Don’t let your frustration rob your achievements. I know easier said than done but you got this.
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    Naija82 wrote: »
    Naija82
    Week 3
    PW = 134.9
    CW = 134.9

Sorry only managed to weigh in the evening spent most of the day in the hospital

Update: Mon 15th Aug
    Track: Mostly
    Calories: Was under, fasted for 19hrs 39mins.
    Exercise: Not officially, 10628 steps by walking around the house

Goals/Day/Comments: Did not have a great day today, woke up with severe abdominal pain, nausea and dizziness, I had never experienced pain that bad in my life. Went to A&E where I spent over 7 hours doing tests, a CT scan waiting and waiting. They saw my blood glucose was really low and my ketones were very high so made me drink some glucose gel, didn't want a lecture on low carb so just took it. The CT scan showed I had bladder stones and an inflamed colon so need to get further tests done. As the pain had started to subside and I didn't want to remain overnight they discharged me. Was exhausted by the time I got home.

So far the pain hasn't come back yet

Ick @Naija82! That’s beyond the pits! Sorry about this struggle getting tossed your way. Take it easy on yourself while you recover. Hoping you find relief soon. Prayers for some encouraging results.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,505 Member
    Options
    Monday 14 August
    Track: yes
    Exercise: yes
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @Naija82 Oh no!!! That sounds just awful! Take care of yourself and I hope you recover quickly!!
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    MUAC Daily Post: Tuesday (8/16)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes - Gross Under / 💧160 oz.
    Exercise: Yoga + Walking

Goals/Day/Comments: Pushed nearly every minute to deadline but I made it! It was a long evening with Back-2-School Night and first day prep.

SUMMER IS OFFICIALLY OVER! I love my kids but working from home and caring for them 24/7 is challenging. Ahhhh….. back to six hours (staggered schedules + travel) of silence and freedom from the many interruptions.

Will probably be over calories today as we always toast a successful first day with ice cream/Froyo and dinner at a place of the kids choice.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @JbeanR0212 Enjoy!

🎶 It's the most wonderful time of the year! 🎶
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,919 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Naija82 wrote: »
    …Sorry only managed to weigh in the evening spent most of the day in the hospital. They saw my blood glucose was really low and my ketones were very high so made me drink some glucose gel, didn't want a lecture on low carb so just took it. The CT scan showed I had bladder stones.
    Oh my goodness! I’m so glad your pain has subsided and you are finally out of there!

I read that kidney stones can be a side effect of keto. Although studies have shown that people taking a potassium supplement are not as susceptible to getting them(if that helps you any).

I really do love the keto lifestyle, it really helped me see the light on how I eat and can give it credit for my 60lbs loss… and when I’m in that “ketosis” mode, I feel like a million bucks!

So many people out there want to lecture… but no matter what the naysayers say, I listen to my body first and it speaks in much louder volume, if you’re listening

The caveat to that would be, there are too many ways to tilt the keto diet in an unhealthy direction so we have to keep an eye out and try to be open to advise. I may roll my eyes at the “ok Karen” noise sometimes, but when I hear something new, I do try to weed out the muck and do a little digging in the medical journals and the studies, try to find out how legit the advice is, then ultimately tweak the diet so as not to run into any issues..

..now sounds like as good a time as any to do some more research and find ways to improve things.

Here’s to no mo’ stones and no mo’ hospitals!
    Take care of yourself!❤️❤️
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    I thought you guys might likey!!

g8qlkpalaud1.jpeg

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    I thought you guys might likey!!

g8qlkpalaud1.jpeg

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I need this plastered EVERYWHERE 😂🤣😂
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Options
    Monday (Wk3; Day 2)
    • Track / Under / W.Out?
      Yes / Yes / Yes
    • NetCalories: 1725
    • NetCarbs: 61

~ I’ve been giving myself the credit for being “under calories” goal if two things happen; 1) I see the scale go down even the tiniest bit the next day and 2) I’m way under my Net Carbs Goal
      ~ I’m a little concerned about dinner plans tonight. Husband didn’t pull out any meat to have prepared and weeknights we typically grill meat and I make veggies on the side, or it’s Take-out central for us! I’m only working half the day and then I’m off to the dentist for the other half of my mouth is getting the numbing and deep cleaning😬😳 I can’t wait ‘til this is over. She never can seem to numb me all the way!😩
    As of Day 2:
    • Net Calories (4225 / 10500)
      🛑🟢🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘
      = Daily Avg: 2112 (Goal: 1500)
    • Net Carbs (393 / 700)
      🛑🟢🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘
      = Daily Avg: 196 (Goal: 100)
    • MUAC: 1 / 7 Days
      🛑🟢🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    @Naija82 Oh my word! I’m so sorry you were in such pain! I hope you are doing better. 💐
    @JbeanR0212 I had to silently chuckle at your enjoyment of back to school for the kids because we teachers feel that same enjoyment at the end of the year. 🤣
  • therealbluenote
    Options
    Tuesday 15 August
    Exercise: 17 min walk
    The entire day I thought it was Wednesday. 🤦🏻‍♀️😆 Now I’m pleasantly surprised that I get to do Wednesday over again. 🥳🤣
  • therealbluenote
    Options
    8tykpzq6wd4b.jpg
    AND TO THE SLIMSONS FOR TAKING 1ST PLACE IN WEEK 2!!

August Week 2 is now in the books!! Awesome to all our winners!

It can be difficult to continue the journey, but hang in there and take it one day at a time.

If Week 1 didn't go so well, no worries, just reset and start fresh for Week 3!!!

The Biggest Loser Is...
    1st - @Gjaholy33. - 2.49%
    2nd - @robandy12345. - 1.86%
    3rd - @Mama530. - 1.37%

The TEAM Biggest Loser...
    1st - The Slimsons. - 0.81%
    2nd - Belly Flats. - 0.17%
    3rd - The Big Butt Theory. - 0.16%

Top 3 Individual % by Team:

The Big Butt Theory
    1st - @BlissfulK. - 1.31%
    2nd - @therealbluenote. - 1.04%
    3rd - @KimR_1986. - 0.76%

The Slimsons
    1st - @Gjaholy33. - 2.49%
    2nd - @robandy12345. - 1.86%
    3rd - @Mama530. - 1.37%

Flab-U-Less
    1st - @TypingToaster. - 0.96%
    2nd - @cormierannie. - 0.69%
    3rd - @carenwilson1983. - 0.37%

Individual Top 3 Pounds Lost
    1st - @Gjaholy33. - 12.6 lbs.
    2nd - @robandy12345. - 4.2 lbs.
    3rd - @therealbluenote. - 4.2 lbs.

Overall Pounds Lost by Team
    The Big Butt Theory - 4.5 lbs.
    The Slimsons - 24.1 lbs.
    Belly Flats - 4.0 lbs.

Overall Total Lost: 32.6 lbs

Hey, team! Third place! Woohoo! I think that’s AMAZING! Congrats to us!
    🥂 Here’s to us! Who’s like us? Damn few! 🥂

• DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Tuesday 16 August
    Exercise: yes
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited August 2022
    Options

Hey, team! Third place! Woohoo! I think that’s AMAZING! Congrats to us!
    🥂 Here’s to us! Who’s like us? Damn few! 🥂

Third place out of three, you can't beat it!!! 🤣🤣🤣
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Tuesday 15 August
    Exercise: 17 min walk
    The entire day I thought it was Wednesday. 🤦🏻‍♀️😆 Now I’m pleasantly surprised that I get to do Wednesday over again. 🥳🤣

@therealbluenote I like it, repeating Wednesday. Let's start a new fad! :)
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    MUAC Daily Post: Tuesday (8/16)
    Calories: no over by 50
    Exercise: no
    Fast: goal 16 hr actual 14 hrs

Trying to live up to the reset. So tracking is going to be a priority.
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN
    Username: sandkp
    August Week #3
    startingW: 225.4
    HighestW: 226.0
    PW: 206.2
    CW: 206.8

A small gain from last week but taking it. See this last week of weight to see what I was talking about in my post of bouncing around weight wise. I should not weigh every day but if Idont and see a huge gain it is worse than a daily weight of weigh and log.

10 206.2
    11 209.4
    12 207.2
    13 206.8
    14 208.2
    15 208.0
    16 209.2
    17 206.8

I SO appreciate everyone listening and supporting me!! Knowing I am not alone in this journey is huge and that others think the same way is enlightening too!

I have decided this is my safe space to vent etc. I sure hope I dont wear out my welcome. I dont always post and respond like I should but know I am and do keep up with the posts everyone writes and do feel for you all in your struggles and celebrate your victories with you.

And for those with kids starting school... kiddo #3 sent me my 1st day pic at 655am for day 1 yr 2 of college! 😀