TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (August)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! Should you need anything, please post here and your team Captains will answer as soon as possible.

Replies

• JbeanR0212
    JbeanR0212 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    MUAC Daily Post: Sunday (7/31)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes - Gross Under / 💧184 oz.
    Exercise: Yes - 💪2,779 kcal’s ⛑ +52 (253), 👟 27,018

Goals/Day/Comments: I had a late dinner and a drink after a beautiful days hike. Step count not all that great but trail was very rocky and had a steep 5,000’ vertical grade as we neared the top. After all the huffing and puffing to conquer it I found my PAI a little disappointing but am proud of my progress. Carried a 12# pack on an 8+ mile hike to an elevation of 11,848’ and the view was worth it. Proud of myself because I don’t think I could’ve managed this in March.

“A river cuts through rock, not because of its power, but because of its persistence.” - Jim Watkins
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    I think we only have 1 new member assigned so far but based on registration thread I’m hoping to see a few more.

Welcome to the group @SarKrisD! I’m in a few community challenges but this one and our teammates are by far my absolute favorite! Don’t hesitate to ask anything here, everyone is so supportive and helpful!
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,505 Member
    Options
    JbeanR0212 wrote: »
    I think we only have 1 new member assigned so far but based on registration thread I’m hoping to see a few more.

Welcome to the group @SarKrisD! I’m in a few community challenges but this one and our teammates are by far my absolute favorite! Don’t hesitate to ask anything here, everyone is so supportive and helpful!

@JbeanR0212 awwwe...🥰

@sarkrisd Welcome! 🙋‍♀️ I'll do a proper introduction tomorrow but wanted to say hello and welcome you to the team.
  • Naija82
    Naija82 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Update: Sun 31st Jul
    Calories: Yes under, fasted for 20hrs 35mins.
    Exercise: Yes - 34217 steps, 6mile run and 6.1mile walk.
    Goals/Day/Comments: Felt a bit tired today and almost didn't go out but pushed myself. Can't believe a new month has begun already
  • Naija82
    Options
    JbeanR0212 wrote: »

Welcome @sarkrisd
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Sunday 31 July
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Let me be the first to wish @Krysless2 a very Happy Birthday!!! 🎂🥳🎁🍾🍹🥰
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options

Happy Birthday @Krysless2 I hope you have a great day <3
  • Naija82
    Options

Happy Birthday @Krysless2
  • Naija82
    Options
    Naija82
    Week 1
    PW = 138.2
    CW = 133.4

Okay this was much more weight loss than I wanted and need to slow it down, I should be eating more. I'm starting to see loose skin which I hate!!
  • JbeanR0212
    edited August 2022
    Options
    🎉Happy Birthday @krysless2🥳! You are a gift 🎁 my friend! I hope you get to spend some time building memories with loved ones.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Naija82 wrote: »
    Naija82
    Week 1
    PW = 138.2
    CW = 133.4

Okay this was much more weight loss than I wanted and need to slow it down, I should be eating more. I'm starting to see loose skin which I hate!!

@Naija82 I think eating more sounds like a good plan. MFP is designed for people to eat back their exercise calories. It's the main reason that I exercise! :D

I joke, I do it for my health and to clear my mind. But being able to have chocolate in my calorie allowance each day doesn't hurt. ;)
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    Naija82 wrote: »
    Naija82
    Week 1
    PW = 138.2
    CW = 133.4

I’m so happy to hear you say this @Naija82, been observing with worry over here but not wanting to overstep at the same time. Slow & steady wins the race.
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    MUAC Daily Post: Monday (8/1)
    Calories: Yes - Gross Under / 💧128 oz.
    Exercise: Yes - 💪395 kcal’s ⛑ +13 (275), 👟 12,847

Goals/Day/Comments: “Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen.” - Coco Chanel
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Welcome to the new people!!

@rwillems - The Big Butt Theory
    @Arietty32 - The Big Butt Theory
    @nancyinmo - The Big Butt Theory
    @GloriaE2016 - The Big Butt Theory
    @sarkrisd - The Big Butt Theory
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    Welcome to the new people!!

@rwillems - The Big Butt Theory
    @Arietty32 - The Big Butt Theory
    @nancyinmo - The Big Butt Theory
    @GloriaE2016 - The Big Butt Theory

🎉 how invigorating!!!!!! Welcome, welcome!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    ABOUT THE CHALLENGES & REQUIRED WEIGHT POSTINGS
    We are going to be running a daily post challenge or MUAC(Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge) Based on another MFP Challenge called the UAC

Participation in this challenge is optional but highly encouraged for the following reasons:
    - Helps to keep your goals in focus daily
    - Motivating to see others working on the same things and having the same struggles too. It's defintely a reminder that we're not alone and we are a team
    - Many of us who participate and have successfully lost weight, m would all agree that the daily posting MUAC really is the key!

The way it works: 
    #1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget. (you set your own budget)
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".
    Our weeks always start on Sunday so we started tracking yesterday. Sunday, July 31st 😉

Your MUAC Posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday)
    Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about how your day went or your goals for the day)

Your Weekly Weigh-In Posts should look like this:
    Krysless2
    Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)

Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, we look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

Welcome to the Challenge!!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    My name is Sue, and I am 62 years old. I live in southern Maryland, am married, have two grown kids (1 in Seattle, 1 in VA), 2 grandbabies (VA) and 1 fur baby 🐶. I work full time, currently teleworking which appears may go on for.ev.er. I love to read, ride my bike, quilt, and make greeting cards. I am always up for a challenge (you've probably figured that out LOL) and am usually involved in multiple reading, fitness and Fitbit challenges at any given time. 📚🚶♀️

I have been on MFP for 10 years now and part of TBBT for a little over 2. Wow...time sure does fly!! I joined TBBT after COVID/teleworking caused my weight to climb. I officially hit my goal of 140 lbs last month but will probably revise it down a bit. It took me years (almost 20) to crack the 150 barrier so we’ll see.

The days are warmer so I am looking forward to being able to get back outside and bike / hike / kayak. My goal for August is to be lighter than I ended July. ⚖️ I don't care by how much, it all adds up. However, I WOULD like to lose a few more pounds. I am going to Hawaii in October so I need to start getting serious now. Can't wait until the end of September and try to lose 10 pounds. LOL

More about me later, I need to get back to work. ;) I just wanted to welcome everyone and say here's to another great month for TBBT!!! 🎉
  • BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!🎂🎈🎉 @Krysless2
  • BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Current and Previous Weight: 153.0