TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (August)

Options

Replies

• mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    @JbeanR0212 I do live very close to water! I need to look into that and find someone to do it with me!
  • mooreshelly09
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    bul03mu6il65.jpeg

Thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart!
    Did a little photo shoot for my bday!(see pic)

You all are my only social media as I haven’t been on Facebook in about a year now. I only really keep it active in case a family member sends out an invitation to a real event.

I would venture to say, right
    after my family, you all are “my people” so your birthday wishes mean so much to me!

❤️❤️❤️Hugggggggs❤️❤️❤️

Beautiful family <3 I hope your birthday was great!
  • mooreshelly09
    Options
    JbeanR0212 wrote: »
    Great stuff! Since there are so many newer faces I’ll introduce myself too.

I’m Jenn. I’m a single Mom of 3 incredible kids (23, 12, 7). I have sole custody and sole financial responsibility of the younger ones (because one is grown now), yeah icky story. Luckily my oldest only needs an occasional loan but she moved out of state a few years ago and I miss her dearly. I’m self employed so while I put a lot of hours in my schedule is flexible which helps with the kids. I used to be a fitness buff but have been working on shedding the biggest gain ever after letting years of anxiety, stress and depression take hold. Even though I was vaccinated and boosted I contracted CoVID in November and it not only put me in the hospital but had me bedridden for several months. My lungs are still recovering but I’m grateful to the virus because I believe it was the wake up call I needed. I started this journey in March but struggled on my own. This group and the ladies in it have been a total game changer and I feel blessed to have crossed each and every one of their paths.

This picture is a year old but these are my babies.
    iz1lnk8vdjbj.jpeg

Beautiful kiddos Jenn <3

• JbeanR0212
    JbeanR0212 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    OK, it's a few years old but son, daughter, myself and husband. OK ladies, son is a 32 yo senior SW developer at Amazon and still single!!! :)

Beautiful family Sue and what a backdrop 🤩! You are such a spunky Mom ha! I love it 🥰
  • JbeanR0212
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @mooreshelly09 I mean we could all just plan a trip to visit @advegan in Spain and have her take us out kayaking 😉. Kidding not kidding 😬.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,612 Member
    Options
    @mooreshelly09 I mean we could all just plan a trip to visit @advegan in Spain and have her take us out kayaking 😉. Kidding not kidding

Didn't we try that last month? :p
  • mooreshelly09
    Options
    @mooreshelly09 I mean we could all just plan a trip to visit @advegan in Spain and have her take us out kayaking 😉. Kidding not kidding 😬.

That would be the fastest count me in I have ever given 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    Sue! @DaffyGirl88 Lmao! That is twice now that I’ve known you where you have made me sputter while I’m drinking my water! You need a disclosure warning before your post stuff! 😂!
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Sue! @DaffyGirl88 Lmao! That is twice now that I’ve known you where you have made me sputter while I’m drinking my water! You need a disclosure warning before your post stuff! 😂!

What'd I say? 🤷‍♀️ Just trying to help a guy out. 😂😂

The real problem is that I've known you for two years and only done it twice! I need to up my game!! B)

Did I mention he owns his own home and a shiny red Tesla? ;)
  • mooreshelly09
    Options
    8/2
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes - 2 mile walk
  • Naija82
    Naija82 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Arietty32 wrote: »
    Thank you for the welcome. I am posting my sunday details today, as I would be posting every morning.
    Daily Post (Sunday)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes/under
    Exercise: Yes, walk 45 minutes
    Current weight: 174.8 lbs
    Comments: Happy to join TBBT. Been 3 years on MFP, my first time taking up a group challenge. I am always stuck in weight cycling, hoping this time I will lose it for good and reach my end goal weight: 110 lbs. Would love to lose at least 7 pounds by the end of this challenge and hit 160s.

I feel you regarding the weight cycling, It's a drag to constantly lose and gain it back!
  • Naija82
    Naija82 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Update: Mon 1st Aug
    Calories: Yes under, fasted for 18hrs 6mins.
    Exercise: Yes - 14314 steps, 4.86 mile

Update: Tue 2nd Aug
    Calories: Yes under, fasted for 22hrs 8mins.
    Exercise: Yes - 29147 steps, 3.71 mile run and 7.51 mile walk.

Welcome to all the newcomers!

Lovely pictures guys!

• therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 Thank you for welcoming me! Do I contact the head honcho about switching?
    @JbeanR0212 Thanks for welcoming me as well! I think this group is a better fit because I’m seriously extroverted. 🤣
  • MamaSunflowers
    MamaSunflowers Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    @JbeanR0212 I adore Saint Bernards!! Great choice of name. I rarely meet another human Amelia, and have never met a 4 legged one! It makes me ridiculously happy for some reason knowing this!

All are welcome to Spain! Kayaking, hiking, via Ferratas, and perhaps a cheeky sangria afterward.

Week 1
    Wednesday
    PW 157 (I think?)
    CW: 154.5

Finally heading in the right direction again! We are away again a lot this month, so if I can maintain more or less, I'm counting that as a win.
    These days the weather is hot hot hot. If it drops below 100°F I count it as a cool day. I get my dog out for a good walk first thing in the morning, but not much else the rest of the day. We don't have air con so I feel like I'm just doing the best I can to get us through the day (and nights...).

Looking forward to a few days up in the mountains for some hiking and refreshing air!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 Thank you for welcoming me! Do I contact the head honcho about switching?
    @JbeanR0212 Thanks for welcoming me as well! I think this group is a better fit because I’m seriously extroverted. 🤣

@therealbluenote it has been taken care of and is official. Welcome to the family! 🥳🍾
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    o714iv1y812f.jpg
    THE TEAM WHO LOST THE GREATEST PERCENTAGE IN JULY IS ..... THE BELLY FLATS!!!
    AWESOME JOB!!
    WE DID IT! WE MADE IT THROUGH THE MONTH TOGETHER. WHETHER YOU LOST, GAINED, OR MAINTAINED - YOU ARE STILL HERE, YOU ARE STILL STRIVING TO REACH YOUR GOALS, YOU ARE A WINNER.

THERE WERE A NUMBER OF IMPRESSIVE INDIVIDUAL EFFORTS TOO. MOST WINNERS ACHIEVED ABOVE 2% or 3% LOSS FOR THE MONTH WHICH IS INCREDIBLE, CONGRATULATIONS!!

OVERALL, THE TOTAL COMBINED WEIGHT LOSS WAS A FANTASTIC -53.4 LBS!! GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!

ALSO THREE CHEERS FOR YOUR CAPTAINS @cmhubbard92. @gjaholy33. @LOONEYCATBLUE. @Krysless2 @DaffyGirl88 @vicky2767 !! WITH THEIR SUPPORT AND MINI CHALLENGES WE WERE ABLE TO PULL OF SOME GREAT NUMBERS THIS MONTH. HIP HIP HIP (...cheering from the crowd...).

THANK YOU LEADERS AND CHALLENGERS FOR A FANTASTIC MONTH FOR THE BIGGEST LOSER MONTHLY CHALLENGE.

AND WITHOUT FURTHER ADIEU, THE APRIL GRAND FINALE RESULTS:

~ Ashley.

The Biggest Loser Is...
    1st - @DebJB30. - 7.57%
    2nd - @Naija82. - 2.68%
    3rd - @TypingToaster. - 2.66%

The TEAM Biggest Loser...
    1st - Belly Flats. - 0.90%

Top 3 Individual % by Team:

The Big Butt Theory
    1st - @Naija82. - 2.68%
    2nd - @JbeanR0212. - 2.33%
    3rd - @DaffyGirl88. - 0.71%

The Slimsons
    1st - @DebJB30. - 7.57%
    2nd - @walk4today. - 1.58%
    3rd - @vicky2767. - 1.18%

Belly Flats/i]
    1st - @TypingToaster. - 2.66%
    2nd - @therealbluenote. - 2.05%
    3rd - @carenwilson1983. - 1.70%

Individual Top 3 Pounds Lost
    1st - @DebJB30. - 14.0 lbs.
    2nd - @TypingToaster. - 8.9 lbs.
    3rd - @therealbluenote. - 8.4 lbs.

Overall Pounds Lost by Team
    The Big Butt Theory - -24.8 lbs.
    The Slimsons - -54.9 lbs.
    Belly Flats - 26.3 lbs.

Overall Total Lost: -53.4 lbs

Congrats to our TBBT members, including our newest member @therealbluenote !!!
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited August 2022
    Options
    ajdvegan wrote: »
    @JbeanR0212 I adore Saint Bernards!! Great choice of name. I rarely meet another human Amelia, and have never met a 4 legged one! It makes me ridiculously happy for some reason knowing this!

All are welcome to Spain! Kayaking, hiking, via Ferratas, and perhaps a cheeky sangria afterward.

Week 1
    Wednesday
    PW 157 (I think?)
    CW: 154.5

Finally heading in the right direction again! We are away again a lot this month, so if I can maintain more or less, I'm counting that as a win.
    These days the weather is hot hot hot. If it drops below 100°F I count it as a cool day. I get my dog out for a good walk first thing in the morning, but not much else the rest of the day. We don't have air con so I feel like I'm just doing the best I can to get us through the day (and nights...).

Looking forward to a few days up in the mountains for some hiking and refreshing air!

@ajdvegan no "perhaps" about it! DEFINITELY! 🍹🍹🍹

And nice loss BTW.
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited August 2022
    Options

@therealbluenote you should fit right in. We have our share of extroverted / type A / Leo's in our group. Be warned, I have no inner monologue and (apparently) say things that cause people to spit coffee onto their monitors. o:)

And before I forget -

Tuesday 2 August
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    MUAC Daily Post: Wednesday (8/3)
    Calories: Yes - Gross Under / 💧128 oz.
    Exercise: Yes - 💪89 kcal’s ⛑ +7 (230), 👟 4,201

Goals/Day/Comments: Sitting on the bench for a bit but not leaving the game.
    “Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows, it's what the sunflowers do” - Helen Keller