Replies

• LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    bowens1973 wrote: »
    Username: Bowens1973
    PW: 181.0
    CW: 179.8
    Just over a week to go until the Vancouver-Whistler Gran Fondo! Getting VERY excited!!!

I didn't know what a Gran Fondo was so I looked it up. It looks Ah-mazing!

@ashleycarole86 Do you get to go along the route to cheer at all?
  • LoraineGB
    Options
    LoraineGB

So it's plain to see I have not had a good week. I ate all the food and drank all the drink :'( . I know better, I should do better, I can do better.

Our Happy Hour last Friday just extended through the week and we've eaten out every day for at least one meal, sometimes two.

Time to reset and have a great September. My stepson comes to visit tomorrow for three days and I can't wait to see him, after many years of distance we finally have a really good relationship and really enjoy each others company.

Is it possible to ask for a pass week so I don't completely bomb the group?
  • LoraineGB
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone, I really appreciate it. My step-dad actually ended up in the hospital yesterday - his bloodwork showed some stuff that is causing his symptoms. He's going to be there for a few days. I'm hoping things will get figured out but I don't know the prognosis yet.

This in combination with physical pain and master's stress has definitely brought my weight loss motivation to a halt 😫. Here's hoping September is better than August

Glad your stepdad is in the hospital where he can get 24hr care and give you a bit of a break. Did you hear back from your tutor at all? I know it's intense right now, but it will get better.

• kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    @LoraineGB I have not heard back from my master's supervisor, which is not unexpected. He ghosted me for months in the winter semester and then all summer. Getting any help from him is like pulling teeth and I'm reaching my limit 🙄
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    LoraineGB wrote: »
    LoraineGB

So it's plain to see I have not had a good week. I ate all the food and drank all the drink :'( . I know better, I should do better, I can do better.

Our Happy Hour last Friday just extended through the week and we've eaten out every day for at least one meal, sometimes two.

Time to reset and have a great September. My stepson comes to visit tomorrow for three days and I can't wait to see him, after many years of distance we finally have a really good relationship and really enjoy each others company.

Is it possible to ask for a pass week so I don't completely bomb the group?

Sounds like a fun week, but yeah. Consequences... Don't worry about us taking a hit - we'll take it. You're HERE. And just think how good it's going to look over the next couple of weeks! Have a great visit with your stepson - without too much happy hour :wink:
    @LoraineGB I have not heard back from my master's supervisor, which is not unexpected. He ghosted me for months in the winter semester and then all summer. Getting any help from him is like pulling teeth and I'm reaching my limit 🙄
    After having worked for years in university as department chair and associate dean for research and grad studies, I'd sure like to stride into that guy's office and give him the whatfor. Grrrrrr.
  • jugar
    Options
    The September team chat is open! Please continue the Friday-Saturday weigh-ins and stuff here, and go to the new thread to (re)introduce yourselves, and to set goals and commitments for the new month:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10872996/waistaways-team-chat-september-2022/p1?new=1
  • LoraineGB
    Options

How annoying :(
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    @jugar I totally forgot to weigh in this morning. I guess I was too excited for coffee this morning! I will weigh in tomorrow morning.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    LoraineGB wrote: »
    @ashleycarole86 Do you get to go along the route to cheer at all?
    The highway from Vancouver to Whistler will be filled with the cyclists and I have to get from point a to b before he does, so when I drop him off at the start line I'll hit the road right away to get to Whistler before the traffic starts to back up. So, I'll be waiting at the finish line to see him and all the other amazing finishers in! Really looking forward to it.
    Brad shares his location with me from his phone so I am able to get updates on his progress that way.

Thanks @conleywoods
    Like with any change, it will be hard before I settle in. There is a lot of knowledge I need to acquire, but I'll just have to be patient with myself.
    Hope everything is okay with hubby - hard when someone we love is in that space and it can definitely be tempting to lean in to their chosen method of coping.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    9/1 exercise:
    9763 steps + 46 minutes Peloton + 10 minutes strength
  • jugar
    Options
    I hope everyone has been having (or already had!) a great Friday. I woke up with some good energy (thanks @dd265 !) and it has been wonderful to be working around the house, having time for some exercise and even to sit around a bit, and grabbing some good hauls of vegetables out of the garden. A bit batch of carrot ginger soup is making the house smell wonderful and will taste even better during the late fall and winter when it gets eaten.

I'm hopping on the exercise bike for the first time in well over a week - all the visitors are gone, my running around to Montreal is over, and it's time to pedal my way through some episode of something good.

Final weigh-ins due for this week:
    @PlaneMonkey
    @EvMakesChanges
    @conleywoods
    @micki48
    @ells_bellz
    @dillyg08
    @bobagurl2017
    @veronica1359
    @Shawtytel

and @Pearl4686 if you want to update your starting weight for September, your weigh-in day is Friday, so go ahead if you want to do that. Thanks!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @jugar I posted my weight (on page 27) a few nanoseconds before you posted the reminder so I think you must have missed it. It was 189.4 unfortunately.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar CW 169.7 and I'd like to join back in on the regular team for September please.
This discussion has been closed.