Shape Shifters Team Chat - AUGUST 2022

Options
1171819202123»

Replies

• leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm way behind in posting steps but my Apple Health app never let's me down.

leni1us
    Friday
    PW: 157.8
    CW: 158.1 (Going the wrong direction)

Steps
    8/27 6,907
    8/28 14,047
    8/29 7,473
    8/30 9,109
    8/31 9,632

9/1 10,594
    9/2 10,412

I'm really trying to up my step count and cut back on processed foods and alcohol. I have to get the scale moving in the right direction.

• izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Izzyred9400
    Sat
    PW 134.8
    CW 134.8
    I'm happy with that as because of back pain I couldn't exercise or walk much.Thanks so much @PatriceFitnessPal & @jessicakrall8 & @Pupowl & @Yukie_OP for your concern & kind words.Ive rested this week & now I'm at Heathrow Airport London for our flight to Mykonos.Hope to relax after a stressful month with health issues.Made an appointment with my GP on my return to discuss meds or changes to lifestyle.
    @jessicakrall8 here are my steps,I did post the missing one for 8/23 but maybe u missed it.
    8/23 17,095
    8/30 3,271
    8/31 8,621
    9/1 6,792
    9/2 14,544
    I will add tomorrow for the last day .Please could I be excused for 4 weekly weigh ins.We are away for nearly the whole of September.Lucky me 😀 I am hoping not to repeat my gain as in June.I will post my steps & some photos when I can.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Forgot to say @jessicakrall8 fantastic achievement meeting your intentional walking goals 30 miles woo hoo.Im sure you'll soon get back on track with your eating goals.
    Also could you put me down for 13,000 steps for September,I will try & drag myself off the sunbed !!
  • bassclef
    bassclef Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Bassclef
    Friday
    PW 186
    CW 186
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 232.4
    CW 235

Going the wrong direction. Food has been pretty good, I’ve been logging most days. This is huge for me, logging in a healthy way. I’ll try to keep it up.
    It’s been a really stressful couple of weeks, maybe that has something to do with it. Next week will be better
  • Nataliewr0403
    Nataliewr0403 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Nataliewr0403
    Saturday
    PW. 137.8
    CW 136.5

Steps
    8/28 9607
    8/29. 9752
    8/30 10,888
    8/31. 8814
    9/1. 11,691
    9/2. 10,066
    Well, a little extra work this week to get rid of my vacation shenanigans is paying off.
    Hope you all have a great weekend.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,227 Member
    Options
    Good morning y'all! Got up and walked this morning, made/ate lunch and getting ready to head out to run some errands. Hope all y'all have a terrific #Caturday!

@izzyred9400 Sorry I missed that date...I even went back to look and missed it! WHEW! Good think we're both on vacation! I got you down for Sept's step challenge at 13k. Have a wonderful time in Greece! Can't wait to see your pics so I can live vicariously through your adventures! Also, very glad you're getting answers and tackling your health issues...I'm sure you'll find the right balance for your BP issues. **HUGS**

@Nataliewr0403 Very nice loss and stepping this week! Great job! :smile:

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    leni1us wrote: »
    leni1us
    PW 157.4
    CW 157.8

Steps
    8/23 7,727
    8/24 8,925
    8/25 9,375
    8/26 6,907 Off to bed!

@leni1us On this post you listed 6907 for the 26th and today you reported the same number for the 27th. please check...perhaps one has a wrong date...let me know please! Thanks! JK
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 412 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Thanks Jess - I saw your reply to my post. I went back to the home page and found this (My questions were already answered!):

SEPTEMBER TIMETABLE
    Starting Weights - Submit from Sun AUG 28 - Sat SEPT 3

Week 1 Weigh-in - Submit from Sun SEPT 4 - Sat SEPT 10
    Week 1 Winners Posted - Sun SEPTEMBER 11

Week 2 Weigh-in - Submit from Sun SEPT 11 - Sat SEPT 17
    Week 2 Winners Posted - Sun SEPTEMBER 18

Week 3 Weigh-in - Submit from Sun SEPT 18 - Sat SEPT 24
    Week 3 Winners Posted - Sun SEPTEMBER 25

Week 4 Weigh-in - Submit from Sun SEPT 25 - Sat OCT 1
    Week 4 and SEPTEMBER GRAND FINALE Winners Posted - Sun OCTOBER 1

I will post my Starting weight here (I may have already done so, but I'm not 100% sure). Note that I am not counting the Thursday, 9/01 weigh-in because it said 166.6 following a night of binging; however, the next day (Friday 9/02) it said 164.0; so I believe that should be my starting weight (otherwise, I feel like I would be "cheating"!):
    wwc8bdm21uea.jpg

My weigh-in days will be Thursday and I will post my updated weight (Week 1) on Thursday, September 8th.

Steps:

09/01: 11,138
    09/02: 12,411

• Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 412 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Hi Jess, Thanks for that! Weird, My weight on Thursday, September 1st said 166.6 (following a "last meal" binge night the previous evening), but then on Friday morning it said 164.0! I'm not sure whether we should call the 164 on September 2nd my August end weight or my September start weight - I guess it's the same thing? :blush:

My weigh-in days will be Thursdays to coincide with the "Path to Lifestyle Change" program's weigh-ins; so going by the following (from our Shape Shifters home page), my Starting Weight for September was last week and next week (Thursday, September 8th) I should report my Week 1 Weigh-in:

SEPTEMBER TIMETABLE

I know I'll get it eventually!

Have a great Labor Day weekend everyone!
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Walela617 wrote: »
    Hi Jess, Thanks for that! Weird, My weight on Thursday, September 1st said 166.6 (following a "last meal" binge night the previous evening), but then on Friday morning it said 164.0! I'm not sure whether we should call the 164 on September 2nd my August end weight or my September start weight - I guess it's the same thing? :blush:

My weigh-in days will be Thursdays to coincide with the "Path to Lifestyle Change" program's weigh-ins; so going by the following (from our Shape Shifters home page), my Starting Weight for September was last week and next week (Thursday, September 8th) I should report my Week 1 Weigh-in:

SEPTEMBER TIMETABLE

I know I'll get it eventually!

Have a great Labor Day weekend everyone!

Hey @walela617 The timetable you're referencing is mainly for brand new members. Because you've been with us for a few months, we'll go with your last weigh-in and it will remain as recorded that day. I'm looking forward to your reports with this new program you're started because I can just hear/see the motivation in your posts. Can't wait to share your joy as you learn new things, start new habits and really begin to shine in it! Good luck to you! Please share your good and bad days...it will help others going through similar challenges.

I recorded your steps, but our Sept stats begin on Sun, the 4th, so the Sept chart will start on that date.

Take care!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    sxtulc8p0mv7.jpg
    Missing the following weigh-ins for the week (incl today):
    @kcpond
    @KatSpring x2
    @ewilhelm2487
    @ac204
    @kateineu

Stats will begin EARLY tomorrow morning, so please report in today if possible! Thanks! Here we come September!! :smile:
    Jessica
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 838 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    leni1us wrote: »
    leni1us
    PW 157.4
    CW 157.8

Steps
    8/23 7,727
    8/24 8,925
    8/25 9,375
    8/26 6,907 Off to bed!

@leni1us On this post you listed 6907 for the 26th and today you reported the same number for the 27th. please check...perhaps one has a wrong date...let me know please! Thanks! JK

Oops.....

6/26 6,576
    6/27 6,907

I think I hit the same day twice . owkzrkhlgm54.jpg
  • msashleybing
    msashleybing Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Final step check in for August!
    Goal: 6,000
    9/1: 154 - another day with little watch wearing. Need to make sure this doesn’t become a habit.
    9/2: 7749
    9/3: 7232

Signing up for September too. I’m going to keep the 6000 step goal. I will always love walking on an ocean beach, but that’s a bit inaccessible to me. Close to home, I think my favorite this month has been around the Red Rocks Amphitheater in Colorado.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,777 Member
    Options
    Last step update for this month!
    Sep 2: 17.652
    Sep 3: 16.733
    Took it a bit easier with stepping the past few days. Also haven't done much. I wanted to walk, but I didn't manage because of my mood and no energy. Had another 'run in' with the neighbour about the cat. Feel free to skip because it is not fun to read.
    I saw her sitting outside on Friday, she was so hunched over that her nose was almost touching the ground. She was also unresponsive so I dropped Tinus off inside and went into his garden to check on her. When I came close, she did start to move, but her walk was off again and her head was tilted. She looked awful and I think even skinnier than she already was. The neighbour came outside when he saw me, said it started the night before. We then had a chat that went something like this.
    Me: did you take her to the vet?
    Him: naaaah
    Me: so she is just gonna die then?
    Him: excuse me?
    Me: how can you not go to the vet? she looks horrible!
    Him: yes, but she had this before and it went away within 2 days
    My gosh, this guy, are you kidding me... I am not a violent person, but someone needs to beat some sense into him. He felt there was no point because the vet didn't know what was going on the last time, so why bother going again. They can still help or look further! I am starting to think he just doesn't want to spend any money. Instead of the vet, he said he was about to call the shelter. I was really hoping for the cat's sake he would drop her off there the same day, because almost anywhere is better than at his place. Unfortunately, I heard him talking to her yesterday, so that hasn't happened yet. Maybe it will happen after the weekend. I haven't seen the cat since, so I don't know what state she is in. This has totally ruined my weekend though. I don't understand how someone can be so nonchalant about their pet and wait it out when they look halfdead. If that was Tinus, I would be racing to the vet bawling my eyes out. We have a number here you can call if an animal is in trouble or you suspect abuse. You can also call to discuss the situation with them and see if there is anything they can do. If nothing has changed on Monday, I will contact them.
    Saturday was a chore day, so I did some laundry. I am also starting to look for a pair of second hand sandals. The glue on mine isn't doing a great job. Both my mom and brother have Teva sandals; it's a really good brand for sandals and they both never had issues with them. I found a nice pair to bid on, but the sellers hasn't contacted me yet. I have been reading a lot lately as well which is nice. I am trying to make a dent in my to-read list so I can look for some newer books I am interested in because a lot of the books on my list are pretty old. Still have a ways to go though (66 books I added before 2020 is what I am working on). Happy Sunday everyone <3
  • kateineu
    kateineu Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Kateineu
    Saturdays
    PW 177 lbs
    CW 177 lbs
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
This discussion has been closed.