August 2022 CHALLENGES -- Aug 1 -- Aug 31

Options

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,327 Member
    Options
    I got 6.28 miles done in 116 mins this morning. Got the house set up for our housekeeper last night with only a couple of things left for this morning, so when we got home with Ronan, I put on my shoes and headed for the post office!! Perfect! I was back in plenty of time for our housekeeper's arrival. :D
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,867 Member
    Options
    Kathy you can make that goal this month. Keep in mind that if you keep doing the same thing you will end up with the same results. So change somehing. <3

Rocky and crew poured the walls for the crawl space on the cabin project. Almost a full other level down there. I won't have to crawl at all. Tomorrow they will pull the forms. Just have to wait on the final go ahead to start building.

Shelley
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Did a sunrise yoga class today!

Then took Mom to surgery....Gallbladder. All went well...

Karen
  • cpanus
    Options
    Karen, glad your mom's surgery went well. I've been there...done that. :#
    Saw my trainer for 60 mins this afternoon. It was a hard workout cuz of about three weeks off...ugh! I'll get better and back to what I was before she got sick and then had to go to Tennessee.
    Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    Going to walk today...maybe up to the water tanks...that's a tough climb.
    I'll be back.
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,689 Member
    Options
    Missed Tai Chi last week. Gonna help a friend stack firewood on Saturday. That should be a good workout. Trying.

Paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    Going to see my trainer at noon today. Got 7.53 miles done yesterday in 145 mins. Man! that was a tough one!
    Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    Taking a rest day today. Not feeling it. Had a really rough day yesterday. Mixed the wrong foods and paid dearly for it.
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    2.5 hours of stacking wood. Hot, salty, exhausted and glowing. Got to visit with friends. What a great workout. :smiley:
    Paula
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Karen wishing her a speedy recovery. Worst thing for me is that some foods seem to just rush through me. No consideration for how far the closest bathroom is either!

Chris great walk. I wanted to start walking more since my cough is finally getting better. But nope nope! Broke my toe this morning. Might as well cut it off as often as it gets broke!

Paula stacking wood is a great exercise. You count it.

We are having a summer storm. Some flooding and lots of lightening and thunder. Slammed my foot into a new roll of carpet this morning. Broke my darn toe for sure. Looks like a little dark purple sausage. So tired of always breaking my foot or toes. You would think I would learn.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    The above should have been already posted. I am glad it didn't just go poof!

Paula that is a lot of wood stacking! Great job.

Chris what does mixed the wrong food mean? Nice walk by the way.

Had our HOA meeting up on the mountain. Went pretty well. There is one couple that think just enjoys being argumentative. Our foundation has quite a bit of water in it. We have some flooding here. Putting in a French drain before back filling.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Rocky and I had a productive day. Loaded up 9 bags of concrete and a heavy duty aquarium stand and took them up to the mountain. We can use them there later. Cleaned and oiled my shovel and pitch fork and put them away. I am hosting a barbecue at my place on Saturday. So we then moved 24 stepping stones to a temporary storage. No time to use them properly.

Then Rocky moved the stop plate off a gate and welded it on the opposite side. Now it opens into our back yard. More work than it sounds. Remove heavy iron gate. Then cut through old weld with some fancy saw. Weld it to new spot. Paint it and put it back up. All because I wanted it to swing the opposite way. Reason? To open up the small patio more and make it easier for my mom. He is so sweet to me.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,245 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    We celebrated my mother’s 86th birthday yesterday. Very small group as one of my sisters and a niece tested positive for Covid-19. My Niece is doing well but my sister is having more symptoms. Thankfully both are vaccinated and boosted. They were given steroids and told to take Benadryl. Will this ever end?

My dad has treatment this morning. We will have to leave around 6:30 to get there on time. I’m exhausted but hopefully we will get back around noon and I will take a nap. Not sure if I will get in a workout.

Take care everyone.
    Kathy

• cpanus
    Options
    Happy Birthday! to your mom, Kathy!! :) So sorry about your sister and her daughter. :'(
    Shelley, just reading what you and Rocky did makes me tired! Good job! :o
    Great workout, Paula! :)
    I did 7.13 miles yesterday in 131 minutes. Working out w/my trainer this afternoon. This entire week is supposed to be over 100 degrees. Don't know about walking tomorrow...we'll see.
    Chris
  • kjs1228
    Options
    Just did s yoga class...kicked my butt!!

Karen
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Walked around the hospital while Dad was having treatment. It’s also super hot here in Georgia. I plan to spend most of the week in the gym.

Kathy
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    A hair's breadth from hitting 200# today. It's really shocking.

Behaviors are so close, but just off enough to sabotage everything.
    • Working out, but having physical limitations...
    • Eating right, just too much...
    • Tracking food, until the munchies hit in the evening...
    • No alcohol in the house thankfully, cuz otherwise...
    Thank you for showing me strong women holding it together. <3

Praying for all our challenges,
    Paula
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Highest weight: 248
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 148
    August 31 goal weight: 169

July 31 weight - 173
    Aug 2 - 174
    Aug 9 - 176.4
    Aug 16 - 174.2
    Aug 23
    Aug 31

Kathy

• kjs1228
    Options
    Paula - I call that "directionally correct." Keep tweaking sister....so frustrating with you try do hard all day only ro munch your way through the calories ---- I say from experience. Thinking of you <3

I've been in the same boat....for me...during the week is fine, but the weekends through me off. I'm pretty sure I need more protein. So need to work on that. Today is a new day!

Highest weight ever: 306 (2013)
    Ultimate goal weight: 160
    8/3 - 170.6
    8/17 - 173
    July goal - 165
  • cpanus
    Options
    Working out w/my trainer at noon for 60 mins. Getting ready for Sara's and Ronan's birthdays this weekend. Sara on Saturday and Ronan on Sunday. I have been assigned fruit salad for Sara and mac salad for Ronan. :# Oh, and my trainer's b'day is this Friday. Sure hope I have enough wrapping paper, bags and tissue!! Oh, my!! :D Have a great Wednesday everyone!
    Chris