August 2022 CHALLENGES -- Aug 1 -- Aug 31

Options

Replies

• KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,250 Member
    Options
    30 minutes with trainer and 1 hour workout on treadmill.

Forgot to post Wednesday 1 hour swim lesson and 45 minutes on Treadmill.

Ladies my struggle continues to be snacking. Trying to keep them out of the house but my parents love to snack. I have to learn some self control.

Kathy
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,356 Member
    Options
    I'm a snacker, too, Kathy. Got rid of the popcorn, the spicy corn and the spicy dressing. I'm not eating the crazy salads anymore, so I gave the spicy stuff away.
    No walking this morning. Did a grocery delivery so I could make soup for Ronan. Tomorrow I have to make another grocery delivery for fruit salad for Sara's birthday Saturday and a mac salad for Ronan's b'day on Sunday. Crimeny! I'll just have to wait and see what happens time-wise. Supposed to be 100 degrees Saturday and 91 on Sunday. Sunday looks like a better bet than Saturday.
    That's all for now.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,876 Member
    Options
    Kathy I was thinking of your sister. Covid kicked my butt also. I hope she recovers quickly. Sounds like your niece is doing better. That is good. I hope the doctors visit with your dad went well.

Chris I love mac and cheese. I hardly ever get it though. I hope the party is a success. Keep walking.

Karen night snacking drives me nuts also. I do so good during the workweek. Whatever will I do when I retire.

Paula I am glad the alcohol has not crept back in. Sneaky snacks though. If I can stay busy until bed time it is easier to avoid. Hang in there.

Worked today. Then cleaned the inside of my fridge. The shelves anyway. Only so much time in a day. Weight is still down from Covid. Hopefully won't put it back on. 148 this morning.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone

Shell
  • cpanus
    Options
    Sara's b'day party was fun. We took a big fruit salad...actually fruit layered in a glass bowl... whipped cream and a huge watermelon! I don't go into the grocery store yet and the fruit we got for the salad was just awful. I had to pick out the best stuff and the large container of cut up watermelon was really mushy, so I ended up putting in another order for a whole melon...but in the end, I didn't need it because I had ordered spears of melons and the watermelon was okay, so we gave the kids the whole melon. It was fun watching Ronan eat the different fruit and tease me with the pineapple which he knows I don't care for.
    Tomorrow we'll go over for Ronan's b'day. A lot more people will be at there...don't know how long we will stay. I made his mac salad when we got home from Sara's and wrapped all his gifts.
    I didn't walk today...no time...Don't know if I'll be able to walk in tomorrow morning...we'll just have to see.
    Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
    Later my friends.
    Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    Ronan's b'day party was crazy! So many friends and family. It was all outside, but still, I hope nobody had germs. EGADS!! The kids had a pinata and that was pretty funny! They also had a big bouncer house that I did go up in with Ronan before everyone got there. I still can't bounce. It was pretty funny. Ronan got lots of presents and had a blast opening everything.
    No walking today. I slept in until 9:00!!!! First time ever!
    Well, that's it for now.
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Chris,
    9:00, wow! You must've been really tired, Sounds like it was a great party! <3
    paula
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris why couldn't you bounce? I must know. That all sounded so amazing. Good thing you are retired and can rest up after all that. Can't believe you didn't post a single photo.

Speaking of photos I didn't take any yesterday. I had a full house of my friends and did not take a single picture.

So upsetting.

Shelley
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Chris - Hope tye birthday celebrations were great!

I did a 60 min walk today instead of yoga....just wanted to get outside before it got hot.

Found a new low carb wrap called Cut Da Carbs and made enchiladas. Really good and quite versatile. Going to see what else I can whip up with them!

We arw supposed to get severe thunder storms tonight which always make me nervous. Lets hope they are uneventful!

Karen
  • cpanus
    edited August 2022
    Options
    here ya go...not in any order. Blue tongue is after biting into the frosting on the cake BEFORE it is cut!!!
    zu6sdj5b34xx.jpgi1cdtlfz60pf.jpg
    or9d8v3453mc.jpg
    mafduasf5g4q.jpg
    2lhbksy7obva.jpg
    It was a great party!
    Chris

• PaulaKro
    Options
    Chris,

I love Guardians of the Galaxy. What a great theme!

Paula
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Paula I also love Guardians of the Galaxy. Such a great movie.

Chris I was looking for the bite out of the cake. Nope nope, could not find it. So adorable. And already 6. Wow.

Karen you got to mix it up sometimes.

On Saturday we should be putting floor joists on the cabin foundation. Then flooring. I am excited! Ordered a beautiful door for the entrance today. The walls are 6 inches thick. So it had to be special ordered. While I love windows for security purposes it has none.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Monday was swim lesson and treadmil. Today was walking as my father had MRI CT Scan. Plan to do standing an workout later this afternoon.

Chris the photos are priceless. Ronan gets cuter and cuter.

Shelley my sister is much better and will be back to work very soon. Excited for the work in the cabin. Can’t wait to see the pictures of the work in progress.

Karen we’ve been getting those same crazy storms here in Georgia.

Paula I feel your pain. Trying to control the cravings is tough. Snacks are my downfall. Always have been.

Take care ladies. 😉

Kathy

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options
    Thank you, my friends!
    Shelley, hope your floor joists went well.
    Kathy, hope your dad's MRI went well and glad your sister is doing better. Sorry about the crazy storms.
    We probably hit 100 degrees today because it is 93 at 5:47 in the evening!!!
    I did walk early this morning. To the post office and back. 6.36 miles in 115 mins. A bit wet by the time I got home...so much drippy sweat!! I did find a hummingbirds nest in the street! It is so cool! I brought it home to show everyone. So little. I suspect it fell out of a tree and was blown down the street. I set it on top of a tall mailbox and hoped it was still there when I came back down the canal road. It was!!
    It was a fun walk!
    Chris
  • kjs1228
    Options
    I love Guardians too gals!

Trying to keep working on those cravings too Paula. I've got a good 2 days so far (although I get way to lose on the weekends and have to claw back)....trying....

Went to sunrise yoga yesterday which was lovely. Work has been so unbelievably stressful....so many people quitting and we are all wearing multiple hats.

Trying to get myself up to go for a short walk now before my calls start at 7:30pm....solid through 5pm with no break. Ouy Vey!

Making salmon bowls for dinner....yum!

Have a great Wednesday!

Karen
  • KAR1959
    Options
    I Finally did the Standing Abs No Jumping. Loved it. I need to make this an every day workout. Lord knows I need it. 😉 Also did going to do a walking video. I don’t have time to go to the gym.

Today is my BFF’s 60 birthday. A concert rescheduled twice 2020 and 2021 during Covid was rescheduled this year on her Birthday. We’re so excited to see Carlos Santana and Earth Wind and Fire tonight. I doubt if we sit down. Dancing will be another workout! 😃

Happy Thursday!

Kathy

• cpanus
    Options
    Karen, I have trouble in the evening...especially when DH brings out his graham crackers. Full fat but I'll eat them anyway w/pb & jelly!!! UGH!
    Kathy, hope you have fun with your BFF at the concert.
    Met w/my trainer for 60 mins this afternoon.
    Later my friends.
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Kathy, What an amazing concert. Have fun dancing your but off! Happy bday to your bff.

60 minutes of gardening today, that's my workout.

Paula

• KAR1959
    Options
    Highest weight: 248
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 148
    August 31 goal weight: 169

July 31 weight - 173
    Aug 2 - 174
    Aug 9 - 176.4
    Aug 16 - 174.2
    Aug 25 - 173.8
    Aug 31

Kathy

• kjs1228
    Options
    Nuts day at work.

Forcing myself go to yoga....I know it will help!

Karen