TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (September)

Options

Replies

• sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about Jenn... hoping that they can keep her engaged here while she recovers as it seems to be something she enjoyed and can still be done for her. Anything we can do to help keep a bit of her "normal pre injury life" going now will hopefully keep her spirits up on this long road ahead of her.
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN
    Username: sandkp
    September Week #4
    startingW: 225.4
    HighestW: 226.0
    PW: 204 2 rolled over
    CW: 205.2

I am going to take that after that vacation with all the good eating we did. I was mindful of choices at times but did ensure I enjoyed when it was time to do so. Guessing all the walking we did helped a bit too! This trip was over 30 months in the making as we postponed last year so it made it that much sweeter. And just saying.. I rocked ziplining!! It was so much fun. 😀
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday
    Track: yes/yes/yes
    Calories: under/under/under
    Exercise: 10 min walk/10 min pedaler/15 min walk
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    sandkp wrote: »
    WEIGH IN
    September Week #4

I am going to take that after that vacation with all the good eating we did. I was mindful of choices at times but did ensure I enjoyed when it was time to do so. Guessing all the walking we did helped a bit too! This trip was over 30 months in the making as we postponed last year so it made it that much sweeter. And just saying.. I rocked ziplining!! It was so much fun. 😀
    Pics, please!
  • JbeanR0212
    JbeanR0212 Posts: 721 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Jenn’s daughter Jordan here being nosey. I’ve been scrolling through her posts each night. It’s kind of fun spying on Mom and seeing a different side of her. She snooped on me forever! 😹 she still does! DaffyGirl88 shared the link to this chat. I am so stressed for my mom, little brother and sister right now. I FR can’t sleep. I am not ready to leave this weekend! They are in good hands but I will be nervous until I can pack up my apartment and come back home. Work is trying to transfer me but I most likely need to find a new job. I might snoop on here from time to time 🙊. 💗You are all great and I can see why you mean so much to my Mom. Lisa will normally do her postings. Mom refused to eat today. More of a temper tantrum than focused on poundage but still. Her weight loss goals are on pause!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you could help encourage her to eat that would be great. Thanks for letting me creep and for caring. Sorta drunk sorry. My Mom was in a coma for a few days, how did she win a challenge in the hospital?
  • JbeanR0212
    edited September 2022
    Options
    *Please pray for my brother and sister. They are just kids and are going through alot! They witnessed the accident and had to call 911. Then were put in the care of social services until I could fly in. Now Mom is not Mom. Their world is upside down. The schools are giving them counseling and my moms tribe are trying to keep life normal but it’s not. Thank you. 👼❤️‍🩹
  • JbeanR0212
    edited September 2022
    Options
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Wednesday, September 21
    Tracked: yes
    Under calories: yes
    Exercise: yes; outdoor walks & a little yard work
    Comments: My dear brother Tim is 70 today! Hard to believe! 🥰🥳🎉
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,576 Member
    Options
    @JbeanR0212 Jordan, oh honey, you are welcome to creep here anytime! 💕 You can even create your own account and join us as yourself. Little known fact -you don't actually have to be actively losing weight to be here. Yes that's the "official" purpose but we are a support group more than anything else.

Our hearts break for you and your brother and sister. That had to be horrible for them. Your mom is very proud of all of you and has shared pictures of all of you together SUPing and hiking. She was proud of you striking out on your own but missed you. I'm sure she will be glad to have you back.

Your mom's a spitfire and I'm sure she's itching to get back to her active lifestyle. But she was always the first person to call someone out for eating too little or trying to return from an injury too soon. We will step up and do the same for her.

We really appreciate you and Lisa coming on here and letting us know how she is doing. We look forward to chatting with her via you two.

Sending virtual hugs to all of you. 🤗💕

Sue
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    8swxnd8nlka6.png

This was posted by Jenns caregiver. This completely breaks my heart for her <3:'(

I just got caught up on our dear Jenn! So terribly sorry to hear. I’ll be praying for her. We just never know what a day may bring forth! Hugs, everyone 😢❤️🙏🏻
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday
    Track: yes/yes/yes
    Calories: under/under/under
    Exercise: 10 min walk/10 min pedaler/15 min walk

@therealbluenote great week! and glad to see the pedaler getting use and not just collecting dust under your desk :D
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Wednesday, September 21
    Tracked: yes
    Under calories: yes
    Exercise: yes; outdoor walks & a little yard work
    Comments: My dear brother Tim is 70 today! Hard to believe! 🥰🥳🎉

@susanshaughnessy80 isn't it though?! Where did the years go??
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited September 2022
    Options
    sandkp wrote: »
    WEIGH IN
    September Week #4

@sandkp Welcome back! I'd take that too after a week vacation! 👍 Sounds like it was a great time. I'm way to chicken to try ziplining. 😳😳
  • JbeanR0212
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Getting my brother ready for school. Thank you for inviting me but I’m going to stay away. I feel like I am going to throw up constantly and just have too much going on. I need to not. I said some things last night that would really upset Mom & I’m embarrassed. i could hear her old voice lecturing me. I don’t know how you delete crap on here! I could change it to a period but not delete. Thank you all. 💗Jordan
  • JbeanR0212
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Ignore what i said last night if you saw it please. 😭 Mom would be very sad and angry. Bye 💗Jordan
  • JbeanR0212
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Mom is not mom 🙏I hope she comes back. It’s like she died anyway
  • JbeanR0212
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I don’t know how to do this! If it wasn’t for my Mom’s old boss who is also her good friend telling me what to do each step i don’t know where we would be. She’s kinda an aunt except not really.

She’s always putting herself in bad situations to help others. I love and hate that. I’m mad at her and that makes me feel bad. We wouldn’t be here if she could just say no but maybe she will next time.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    JbeanR0212 wrote: »
    I don’t know how to do this! If it wasn’t for my Mom’s old boss who is also her good friend telling me what to do each step i don’t know where we would be. She’s kinda an aunt except not really.

@JbeanR0212 Oh Jordan, do not worry about anything you said here, only we can see it and we're here to support you and your mom. I believe the moderator can delete posts so if you would like me to contact her I will. Just let me know. I'm glad that you have your mom's friend there to help you with this. I'm way over on the East coast in Maryland, but am there with you in spirit. Let me know how I can help. Tell your mom that I said hello and that I miss her posts. <3
  • JbeanR0212
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Jordan sends her apologies everyone. She is carrying a lot and we have had many more bad moments than good. Behavioral therapy this morning was slightly helpful. Jennifer and the kids are working in ‘naming their feelings’.

We are testing out different dictation softwares so Jennifer can talk to you herself. We have not found one to transcribe correctly yet. We did try to read all the pages here but if was difficult to follow. We will see if it is easier going forward.

This is what we received moments ago: Hi boo 0000 ha it type I say cuckoo ha Que I don’t help thank you no more a half *kitten* talk soon OK done no done

It should read “Hi (laugh) it types what I say (laugh) I don’t know what to say, okay help me. Thank you. No more this is hard. Uh talk soon. Okay done. I’m done.”

Jennifer has been having a very hard time and it has made her temperamental. I think she has been overstimulated. We’ll get there.

Q: Does she need to weigh every day?
    She is at 148.7

Thank you for bearing with us and your well wishes.

Lisa W.
    Home Care Aide

I don’t know how *kitten* popped in but the transcription did think she was saying the ‘a’ word. I guess that is a filter in here.
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited September 2022
    Options
    @JbeanR0212 Hi Lisa! Tell Jordan no apologies are necessary and to not give it another thought.

MFP censors our language and replaces anything objectionable with *kitten* so yes, if she said the "A" word it would delete that. In her shoes I'd be throwing F-bombs left and right and my post would end up being *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* this *kitten* !!! :D She can relax, we are happy to hear from her no matter how garbled or how many *kitten*s it may contain. :)

Jenn's official weigh-in day is Thursday so that's the only day she needs to weigh in for TBBT purposes. I'm the team captain so I will record her weight in the official log. I know you are no longer focusing on weight loss but for her and your reference she has lost 3.4 lbs since her last weigh-in on 31 Aug.

I imagine it's very difficult for her. She wants to talk, and write long posts and get out on the water and she can't. I'd be very temperamental too. We wish for her to relax and let her body heal. We'll be here any time she (you) want to post.

Tell her we're all dancing our *kittens* off!!! <3;)
This discussion has been closed.