TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (September)

Options

Replies

• JbeanR0212
    JbeanR0212 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Thank you Daffygirl. I’m glad Jennifer has not used the bomb or *kitten* yet. We have had enough colorful conversation without those in her vernacular! It is expected in her condition. She has a strong personality. I am glad she can’t throw anything. Thank you for the laugh.

Lisa W.
    Home Care Aide
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,580 Member
    Options
    JbeanR0212 wrote: »
    Thank you Daffygirl. I’m glad Jennifer has not used the bomb or *kitten* yet. We have had enough colorful conversation without those in her vernacular! It is expected in her condition. She has a strong personality. I am glad she can’t throw anything. Thank you for the laugh.

Lisa W.
    Home Care Aide

@JbeanR0212 That's what I'm here for. I have been known to make people spit their coffee out onto their monitor. :D:D:D

• therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Thursday
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 0
    Day off so I made it a day of running errands and being lazy! Every sixth school day I don’t have to teach and I love it! 🥰
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Thursday 22 September
    Under: barely
    Exercise: yes

Weigh in Week 4
    PW: 140.5
    CW: 141.0

A bit of stress eating this week 😬 glad it wasn't worse. On a positive note I got a new Fitbit and it's a significant upgrade from the one I had. Looking forward to figuring out how it works. 🙃

Happy Friday y'all! I hope everyone has a wonderful day. 💕
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    y1itoj6c9a0r.jpg
    f2eifme9lpih.png
    This Week's Winners (posted 6-7 times):
    This Week's Honorable Mentions:
    giphy.gif?cid=5e214886mrjqfdnvwzcasbipsmpr3h6krajroevdswhwu7i9&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
    Click here >>Week 2 Results have also been posted.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10873767/week-2-september-results#latest

Congrats to our top 3:
    1st - @KimR_1986. - 0.76%
    2nd - @ajdvegan. - 0.65%
    3rd - @therealbluenote. - 0.56%

img]
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    mooreshelly09

CW: 194.5

Happy Friday!
  • JbeanR0212
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Jennifer’s smile remains strained but she is working hard to master it. I attempted to take a picture but that did not go over well.
    In addition to boycotting meals she has been kicking but fortunately for us her depth perception is off. There are things she would like right now that we cannot assist with. As she reminds us “I am an adult”. She has been avoiding eye contact and is giving the silent treatment in protest. Behaviors like these are to be expected but we are not letting her give up! Her children don’t have school today and we hope to share everyone’s dances with her while having our own little party.

She was happy to see the announcement and wanted to tell her teammates “great job kicking big butts”.

Thank you for the continued support,

Lisa W.
    Home Care Aide

*I know some of you are her friends but not all. I apologize if this is too redundant.
  • mooreshelly09
    Options
    Jennifer’s smile remains strained but she is working hard to master it. I attempted to take a picture but that did not go over well.
    In addition to boycotting meals she has been kicking but fortunately for us her depth perception is off. There are things she would like right now that we cannot assist with. As she reminds us “I am an adult”. She has been avoiding eye contact and is giving the silent treatment in protest. Behaviors like these are to be expected but we are not letting her give up! Her children don’t have school today and we hope to share everyone’s dances with her while having our own little party.

She was happy to see the announcement and wanted to tell her teammates “great job kicking big butts”.

Thank you for the continued support,

Lisa W.
    Home Care Aide

*I know some of you are her friends but not all. I apologize if this is too redundant.

We appreciate any and all updates that you give ❤️ None of us will ever find it redundant! So sorry to hear that this week has been a hard week, continued prayers that everything moves in the right direction ❤️
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Thursday 22 September
    Under: barely
    Exercise: yes

Weigh in Week 4
    PW: 140.5
    CW: 141.0

A bit of stress eating this week 😬 glad it wasn't worse. On a positive note I got a new Fitbit and it's a significant upgrade from the one I had. Looking forward to figuring out how it works. 🙃

Happy Friday y'all! I hope everyone has a wonderful day. 💕

I hope you like your new fitbit. What model did you get? Mine acts funny every so often.
    Are you back in the office now?
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Weigh in 193.3
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    Breakthrough! Jennifer loves music. Please share your favorite songs with us. Toe tapping, leg swaying party in effect.

Lisa W.
    Home Care Aide
  • mooreshelly09
    Options
    Breakthrough! Jennifer loves music. Please share your favorite songs with us. Toe tapping, leg swaying party in effect.

Lisa W.
    Home Care Aide

Happy by Pharrell Williams
    Hand Clap by Fitz and the Tantrums
    Can't Stop the Feeling by Justin Timberlake

Just a few that ALWAYS make me want to move when I hear them 😁
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @brandi_84 Officially I am 80 % telework and 20% in the office, which works out to one day a week. The lead for team that I'm on left, Wednesday was his last day. Since I was his right hand I have spent the last 3 weeks in turnover meetings with either leadership or the incoming team lead so have been in the office almost every day. For example, Monday I had 7 meetings in 3 different buildings. That left little time to eat or pee, let alone go for my lunchtime walk. :(

Which brings me to - I got the Charge 5. Mostly because a friend got one recently and has been expounding its virtues ever since. That, coupled with the aforementioned work schedule, I had no time to shop around. Amazon 1 day shipping. Badda bing, badda boom. :D
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 935 Member
    Options

Lisa W.
    Home Care Aide

So glad! Here are my faves:
    Don’t Stop Me Now by Queen
    Holiday Road by Lindsey Buckingham
    Sweet Talking Woman by ELO (Electric Light Orchestra)

Prayers & hugs for Jenn & all of you 💕🙏🏻🤗

• therealbluenote
    Options
    @brandi_84 Officially I am 80 % telework and 20% in the office, which works out to one day a week. The lead for team that I'm on left, Wednesday was his last day. Since I was his right hand I have spent the last 3 weeks in turnover meetings with either leadership or the incoming team lead so have been in the office almost every day. For example, Monday I had 7 meetings in 3 different buildings. That left little time to eat or pee, let alone go for my lunchtime walk. :(

Which brings me to - I got the Charge 5. Mostly because a friend got one recently and has been expounding its virtues ever since. That, coupled with the aforementioned work schedule, I had no time to shop around. Amazon 1 day shipping. Badda bing, badda boom. :D

Sorry your work life ate you alive in recent weeks. Hopefully it will settle down? 🤞🏼
    Congrats on the 5! I have a 4 and I’m pretty pleased with it. I had terrible luck with all of the previous models and was about to give up but I took a chance on the 4 and so far, so good.

• therealbluenote
    Options
    Friday
    Calories: over
    Exercise: 10 pedaler

Who knew that mindlessly grazing on a cheese block and Triscuits would be soooo many calories?!?! 🤦🏻‍♀️ I shoulda been grazing on that pedaler!
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Friday 23 September
    Under: yes
    Exercise: some, but not as much as I had planned. When I was in the basement on the elliptical I looked over and saw a puddle of water on the floor. 🤔 Realized it was right under the laundry room and I had recently done a load of laundry. Went upstairs to find a bigger puddle in the laundry room behind the brand new W&D that Best Buy installed two weeks ago. 😟 Sadly that ate up the rest of my morning and threw my whole day off. Hopefully today will be better. 🤞
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Friday
    Calories: over
    Exercise: 10 pedaler

Who knew that mindlessly grazing on a cheese block and Triscuits would be soooo many calories?!?! 🤦🏻‍♀️ I shoulda been grazing on that pedaler!

@therealbluenote I feel ya sister!

And thanks for the well wishes on my work schedule. I'm trying to remind myself that I am only one person, can only do so much, and many things are out of my control, but sometimes at 2:30 am I forget that and start tossing and turning and punching my pillow. 😟

I was hoping the transition would be easier. I worked for the new guy before on a different team and we worked very well together. Three weeks in he's still asking stupid questions. 🤦‍♀️ He's not a stupid man! He's got master's degrees in engineering and project management! I want to ask him what happened to his brain cells in the last four years?!🤷‍♀️ Maybe I had unrealistic expectations. I'm hoping that somehow over the weekend things will come together in his brain 🧠 and next week will go smoother. One can hope right?😊
  • JbeanR0212
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Yesterday was a nice change of pace. She is getting some overdue quality rest. Our spirits were boosted and we hope to keep the momentum. We are taking Jennifer for a drive in the mountains to see the colors. Yellow is her favorite color, fall is her favorite season and this is one of her “very favorite” traditions. We will find a solid path if for only 5 minutes of walking.

Lyrics have always been a factor in Jennifer’s music choices. She likes all genres but blues & jazz are her favorites. This song from her playlist really had her going yesterday.
    Heaven Help Us All by Ray Charles & Gladys Knight from the Genuis Loves Company album.
    Her son has a cute story about this one. She likes to blare it and sing in the car. He claims that she would always tell him that “someday these embarrassing memories will be your favorites”. He sees now ‘how right she is’. Never take a moment for granted. When people would give them funny looks at stoplights she would encourage them to roll down their windows and sing with her. A nice guy followed her to the store and gave her a rose once. Her youngest is anxious to ‘see Mom grab weird outfits and dance crazy in the store aisles again’.

Keep them coming,

Lisa W.
    Home Care Aide

Request from Jordan
    If she has personally shared her relationship status with anyone please send us a message. There is conflicting information. We thought she could not remember a bad breakup but it is complicated. Jennifer may remember just fine. Her texts with this individual have us confused. We have an overnight guest who concerns her daughter but it’s good to see Jennifer getting great rest. There looks to be undeniable love between the two. She is at peace.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @JbeanR0212 I hope you get to go for a ride today. When we lived in Maine I loved driving around in the fall seeing the beautiful trees. 🍂🍁 And of course the very best thing about fall is... PUMPKIN SPICE!!!! 😁🥰

I posted on the news feed but will add it here as well. For Ray Charles I have to go with Mess Around. 😊😊

Have a great day! 💕
This discussion has been closed.