Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Options

Replies

• MinMin5
    MinMin5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This will be my first time! :)

What do you like to do for fun? Being in nature - hiking, camping, exploring, hugging tree's lol

What major city do you live in or near? near Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? To begin building a consistent workout routine..and losing 5-8lbs would be nice.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Outgoing & friendly as well as a go-with-the-flow and chill

2 fun things about you? In the summer I ride a Suzuki Intruder motorcycle and in the Winter I like to travel up into Northern Ontario to go sledding on crownland. I'm hoping I'll be successful this year at doing a tight, clean donut with my sled.. we shall see lol.

Anything else you would like to share? I am so excited to join into this challenge and be apart of a team!
  • pontond
    pontond Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Many!

What do you like to do for fun? walk, hike, build with Lego, play a few games, chrochet, read.

What major city do you live in or near? Virginia Beach
    State? Virginia

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? slim down

How would your pet or friend describe you? sweet

2 fun things about you? I really enjoy working out. I am a klutz and my hubby has put bumper pads on corners so that I don't get hurt.

Anything else you would like to share? I have ADHD and OCD and I am dyslexic but none of those have ever stopped me.
  • vickiandrews
    vickiandrews Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? None. This is the first challenge of any kind I've joined in a heck of a long time.

What do you like to do for fun?I enjoy taking our cocker spaniel for a walk and usually end up at a pub having a couple of beers

What major city do you live in or near? State? Birmingham, England

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Smash this challenge and lose the 5% of my start weight

How would your pet or friend describe you? My best friend has previously described me as being opinionated (just because I say what I think) and she did once say I was needy because I said that it was important for your boss to say thank you when you'd worked your a&$e off for five days solid without taking a break!

2 fun things about you? Had to answer this one yesterday in a team meeting and all I came up with was... 1) I have a teenage daughter who is a complete nightmare (this was very much a running theme around the table) and 2) In 13 weeks time we're going on our first holiday abroad in nearly three years (how sad is that!)
  • cindiblevins
    cindiblevins Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? A few, can't really remember. I took a break but am back

What do you like to do for fun? Outdoors stuff, bowling, crafts

What major city do you live in or near? State? Smelly Los Angeles

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Get back on the fitness. I hit a plateau after started going back to the office.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loud but loving

2 fun things about you? I work in Hollywood. I am re-learning French.

Anything else you would like to share? My husband and I are getting ready to start a business this coming year!
  • SBR1313
    SBR1313 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?
    This is my 1st ! And I'm not sure how to start

What do you like to do for fun? I love to Netflix and chill lol ! I alos enjoy nature - walk by the lake ,hiking, , pickikg wild flowers and me and my little one love PYO farms and markets

What major city do you live in or near? near Toronto Ontario, Canada

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? To get consitant and increase my step count due to my job I am very sedentary and I want that to change! I have 100 + to lose so I have a mini goal the new year of 30 pounds off!

How would your pet or friend describe you? Great in a crisis! Reliblile ! Someone they can always count on.

2 fun things about you? I like to craft
    and i have a thing for ASMR videos ones of cleaning or cutting soap lol very random .

I looking forward to being aprt of a supportive group

Anything else you would like to share?
  • MawMaw1941
    MawMaw1941 Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Many, started with Spark years ago

What do you like to do for fun? Travel and chat with neighbors

What major city do you live in or near? State? Indianapolis, Indiana

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Walk more and get back to daily yoga.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Friendly and always available

2 fun things about you? I love to paint and chat with my neighbors

Anything else you would like to share? Fall is a good time to increase activity
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,299 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my second. I’m really glad to have found this group - it helps keep me accountable!

What do you like to do for fun? I’m a professional musician and vocalist, so anything having to do with music is fun to me!

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in St. Louis, MO.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I am also a high school choral director and my chorus is going to tour Italy in March. My goal is to fit in an airplane seat and to have the stamina to walk everywhere!

How would your pet or friend describe you? Probably as a recovering perfectionist.

2 fun things about you? I love to dance and garden!

Anything else you would like to share? Just super grateful for this group and my team!
  • hdicrescenzo
    hdicrescenzo Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? None. This is my first one.

What do you like to do for fun? Read. Spend time with family and friends.

What major city do you live in or near? State? London, Ontario, Canada

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Develop healthy sustainable habits. Have more energy.

How would your pet or friend describe you? I'd like to think fun and kind.

2 fun things about you?
    I love to start new craft projects, but I hardly ever finish them.
    I live with my husband, 3 sons and 2 dogs

I'm excited to join this challenge and meet new people in a supportive community!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Greetings!

How many 5% Challenges have you done? This will be my first!

What do you like to do for fun? Video games, making my own salami and charcuterie, day trips, exploring

What major city do you live in or near? State? Melbourne, Australia!

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Survive a term of Taekwondo after 5 years off the mats

How would your pet or friend describe you? "food giver".... actually that's both pets and friends. I am the feeder, the host, I adore food, and I adore sharing it with my loved ones.

2 fun things about you? I make all my own charcuteries and always have something inventive on the go. I also collect Lego and have a huge collection!

• Tru_Lu
    Tru_Lu Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Greetings, all!

I did a few 5% Challenges years ago on SP (diferent user name - in fact, I can't remember my SP user name.)

What do you like to do for fun?
    I read every day, enjoy gardening, and love community theater.

What major city do you live in or near? State?
    I live in the state of Georgia, USA.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?
    I want to get my eating habits back under control and to start exercising again. I've allowed myself to gain a lot of weight over the last 4-5 years.....

2 fun things about you?
    As I mentioned above, I'm active in comunity theater and am cast in a show a few times a year (I also volunteer in various capacities.) Homeless cats deliver themselves to me.

I was so glad to find this Challenge and folks from SP - I knew it was exactly what I needed to help me keep going with the start I've made the last few weeks.
  • Stardust620
    Stardust620 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Lauren - happy to be here!

This is my first. I've done some other MFP group challenges years ago, but not quite like this one.

Travel is my first passion and favorite pastime. I love to see the world and experience new places, people, and food! I also like to go to plays, concerts, comedy shows, and movies, watch TV, and go to wineries for tastings.

I live in south Jersey, about halfway between Philadelphia, PA and Atlantic City, NJ.

I'm turning 40 in December and going on a cruise the first week of January, so my primary goal is to lose about 20 pounds by the end of the year. I want to not only look great on the boat, but also head into my 40s feeling better than I did in my 30s and being more able-bodied, comfortable, confident, and healthy.

How would your pet or friend describe you?
    My dog would describe me as overly affectionate lol. My best friend describes me as generous, brave, compassionate, and messy. All are true, I think.

2 fun things about you?
    1. I am a certified scuba diver! I've been diving in some of the most beautiful places in the world and gone as deep as 150 feet. I have also done cage diving with great white sharks and cave diving in a Mexican cenote.
    2. I have seen 5 "wonders of the world" (all from different lists, of course) - Table Mountain, Machu Picchu, the Grand Canyon, Chichen Itza, and the Aurora Borealis (just a little bit lol). Hoping to add a lot more to that list soon!

• hollatee
    hollatee Posts: 35 Member
    Options

Hi everyone, glad to part of this.

How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my first. I’m a newbie!

What do you like to do for fun? Garden, read, quilt, travel, bike, walk, hike, play with my grandkids, spend time with friends & family, volunteer, cook, go to the theatre

What major city do you live in or near? Chicago
    State? Illinois

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Get more fit, improve endurance and strength

How would your pet or friend describe you? Dependable and fun

2 fun things about you? Really like meeting new people; I am a volunteer usher for many Chicago theatres because I really like live performances and Chicago professional theatre is awesome.

Anything else you would like to share? I’m not good at posting, trying to get better.
  • sandee_shore
    sandee_shore Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi to y'all, so nice to join the group!

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Zero %, this will be my first ride.

What do you like to do for fun? Attend concerts, plays, musicals and dine at new restaurants;
    Repurpose/repaint old furniture and vintage household items;
    Trade options on the stock market.

What major city do you live in or near? Huntsville
    State Alabama

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? Practice portion control, make healthy
    food choices, exercise at least 4xs weekly
    as in stretching and don't let one bad day
    turn into several bad days just get back on
    track the next day and follow your food
    plan.
    How would your pet or friend describe you? My dogs would say I'm too slow moving but
    caring and responsible. Others as creative, messy,
    analytical, procrastinator, warm and a jack of all
    trades master of none!

2 fun things about you? Foster parent with an animal rescue for pups. Eclectic interests
    and will try almost anything. Calculated risk taker, hence play stock
    market options and teach a basic class for Seniors about investments.

Anything else you would like to share? Can't believe I'm still doing the weight thing in my 70's.
    Needed to have 2 stents in my heart's arteries the beginning of the month, totally surprised the scan revealed blockages. So this has been a wake -up call. Limited to doing exercises due to severe lumbar problems, so need to loose weight.
  • caseydimples
    caseydimples Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my first. I'm slightly confused and hoping to figure out where I post my results.

What do you like to do for fun? Spending time with my family doing anything outdoors.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Near Portland, Oregon.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I'd love to lose some weight and not let it creep back on. I've had compulsive over-eating tendencies that I'm working on replacing with healthy activities.

How would your pet or friend describe you? My cat would tell you that I starve him and he is barely alive on the amount of food we provide. He also thinks I'm pretty great, when he isn't starving and waiting for food.

2 fun things about you? I love to ski (alpine and nordic) and I love cats.

• Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,725 Member
    Options
    @caseydimples I sent you an MFP email. Please respond there.
  • Anacorazon58
    Anacorazon58 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    This is to say hi and bye. Due to health problems, I can’t participate in this Fall Challenge. I hope to come back next Winter, with God’s Help.
    Have a wonderful, healthy and successful Autumn!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? None this is the first

What do you like to do for fun? travel (haven't gone anywhere lately but ..) and outdoors

What major city do you live in or near? State? suburb of Los Angeles, Calif

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? lose weight

How would your pet or friend describe you? delightful, fun person that feeds me

2 fun things about you? will listen, remember, and empathize. like new things. flexible. like the rainbows, peacocks and mermaid scales

Anything else you would like to share? ocean swimming wahoo
  • OffGrid2023
    OffGrid2023 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? first one

What do you like to do for fun? travel gardening, walking

What major city do you live in or near? State? Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? increase frequency of exercise, get stronger, lose weight

How would your pet or friend describe you? crazy!

2 fun things about you? love to joke and laugh; love to to give gifts

Anything else you would like to share? looking forward to the challenge . . .
  • heycolleen1969
    heycolleen1969 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This will be my first

What do you like to do for fun? Ride motorcycle (as a passenger), Cooking

What major city do you live in or near? State? Just south of Tampa, Florida

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I just want to stay consistent with my eating and exercise because I think the numbers will follow.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Genuine

2 fun things about you? We are moving to a small town in Tennessee to live a more self reliant life style.
    Anything else you would like to share? I am looking forward to starting the challenge.
  • mjcavey
    mjcavey Posts: 10 Member
    Options

- This is my first one! 5% will be ~10 lbs

- I started playing ice hockey this year, been having a great time

- I live in Washington DC

- My health goal is to get all of my blood work markers back into healthy ranges, to get my body fat down into a healthy range, and to be able to play better hockey

How would your pet or friend describe you?

- As a very friendly and supportive person

2 fun things about you?

- I have a very dry sense of humor and can be a big kid sometimes

- Looking forward to the interacting with others on this journey!