September 2022 Challenges - Sept 10 - Sept 30

Options

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,404 Member
    Options
    It is 115 degrees here today at 3:45 in the afternoon!! I'm hoping to walk in the morning...we'll see.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,888 Member
    Options
    Kathy I also would have lots of questions for them. It is good your brother is coming to help with getting your dad settled. It sure sounds like you are in a daze. I am sure your brothers support will be very welcome. Your fathers brother must have been very important to him. Hugs to you.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Managed 4.34 miles in 87 mins early this morning but it was still HOT!! I did take an umbrella and it helped a lot. I tried to stay in the shade. There was very little breeze on the was back home. Today is supposed to get to 111 degrees, it's 97 degrees at 11:19 a.m., and Thursday is supposed to only be 108... :D:D:D
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,698 Member
    Options
    Kathy,

Much love to you and all my prayers. <3

paula
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,471 Member
    Options
    Kathy - I'm so sorry that your Dad has progressed ;( So difficult....sending you my thoughts and prayers.

Karen
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,471 Member
    Options
    Didn't get to log....did a 7 mile bike ride yesterday...finally cool!

Walked 30 mins today....probably need to do more, but 2 work phone calls to go.

Karen
  • cpanus
    Options
    Going to see my trainer at noon today for 60 mins.
    Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    Prediction is 104 degrees today. We got up at 5:20 this morning and it was already 73 degrees outside. We got multiple calls yesterday from PG&E about turning off unnecessary lights and fans and air conditioning, etc. The last one we got was at 11:30 p.m.!!! We were asleep...scared me. I thought it was Sara and she needed us. I was a bit upset and then I didn't know how to stop the blinking light on the bedroom phone...in the dark...no glasses. Finally pushed the right button. UGH!! OKAY PG&E WE GET IT!!!
    Sorry for yelling... :#
    Chris
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,262 Member
    Options
    Highest weight: 248
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 148
    September 30 goal weight: 168

August 31 weight - 172.8
    Sep 1 - 172.8
    Sep 8 - 172.4
    Sep 15 -
    Sep 22 -
    Sep 30 -

I’ll take it. Making a conscious effort not to snack. I don’t have much of an appetite but could stay up snacking all night. Thankfully I’ve gotten some sleep with my brother here helping out. Thankful!

My goal this week is to get in YouTube videos and exercise on the recumbent. I was able to freeze my gym membership as I’m not sure when I can get there. Hope to get in a walk here and there when my niece can sit with my parents.

Kathy

• KAR1959
    Options
    Here’s a short follow up on my Dad. The hospice company delivered his hospital bed, wheel chair, walker and other items yesterday. My brother and I cleared my office then transferred his television and other personal items downstairs. The Braves had a game at 3:00 yesterday so we used that time to move my Dad downstairs. My father was able to walk down with a lot of assistance from my brother. We thought the baseball game would be a good distraction and maybe he wouldn’t notice the smaller bed and all the equipment. I think it worked. Having him downstairs with my mom will save her a lot of wear and tear. She was climbing those stairs so much checking on him. One night I went up there and found her in his recliner at 2:30 in the morning. It broke my heart but made me happy at the same time. 🥰

I looked at climbing those 13 stairs all day as my exercise. 😉

My brother is returning to Huntsville today but will be back in a couple of weeks.

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options
    Sending your family good thoughts and love, Kathy.
    I did 5.74 miles in 116 mins to the post office and back this morning before it got to 115 degrees this afternoon!! I took my umbrella which was very good idea and there was a bit of a breeze going one way. Just walking out to say "Good Bye" to Ronan and Pete at 2:30ish was long enough that I had sweat running down my back!!! Crazy hot here!
    Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    Going to see my trainer in about 30 mins. Must feed Grandson first!!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Kathy I really suck at these types of things. All I want to do is hug you all and bake. Loves you my sis.

Shell
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Kathy I really suck at these types of things. All I want to do is hug you all and bake. Loves you my sis.

Shell

I completely understand my sister prayers and virtual hugs help. I feel all of your arms around me daily. I know you ladies are sending positive thoughts my way. We’re taking it one day at a time. Just trying to keep my mom from getting too down.

My sister is coming over tomorrow and staying with our parents all day. I’m going to go to the Falcons opening game tomorrow. I really need to get out. Ron and my sister talked me into going. It will be good to get out of the house for a few hours.

Take care ladies!

Kathy
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Kathy,

Thank you for the update. I think about you a lot. It's wonderful to see your love for your family and hear everything you do for them.

And thank you for caring for yourself too - it's so important. Hope you have a wonderful football game tomorrow. Go Falcons!

<3<3<3
    Paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    Have fun with Ron and at your Falcons game! You deserve it! You do a lot for your folks and you do it with love. That counts a ton! <3
    Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    Pat and I did 4.13 miles in 104 mins this morning. It was so much fun! We went to what we called the Rocky Road which is now a bunch of big houses and we walked all around. We were pretty slow but had a ball! We are going to go out again tomorrow. I hope this starts to be our weekend adventures.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Kathy ditto what the others said. Get rejuvenated.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    We did 4.12 miles in 99 mins this morning. It was cloudy and breezy, just the kind of weather Patrick loves. It was a good walk.
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Chris,

So happy for you to have your PatWalks again. <3

I've been nibbling all day for the last week and was absolutely shocked to have lost 2 pounds. It's still awful @ 204; but less awfuller than it coulda been.

Take care,
    Paula