Step Into September 2022

Options

Replies

• Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    @SparkSpringtime69 : my PT who is also my coach on the fitness machines explained to me that I could do it any way I wanted: either one set on each machine and repeat the whole circuit; or just take a break between sets on the same machine. According to her, that made no difference, so it is just what you prefer basically. You're doing fine either way.

LOL about your alarm situation :smiley:
  • zenobia9777
    zenobia9777 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    @SparkSpringtime69 that is a great story!!!
    Seems like there are lots of unwritten rules at gyms. Good that you're getting there.

@CeeBeeSlim congrats on your weight loss! It is so important to find the routine that works. And @HoneyBadger302, I totally get that struggle. My husband told me years ago that I should get up and exercise first thing before I have time to think about it. It was good advice. Of course he was too lazy to work out this morning (LOL), but he uses one of these videos from HASfit:

They are really good about having stuff that you don't need a lot of equipment to do.
    https://youtu.be/CmAi5NRwhe8

You have to tell yourself something that works. I tell myself that the dogs are relying on me to get out the door. Investing in yourself and your health...

Yesterday I did pretty well...on the food and the exercise and the logging.

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 2,000 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    5'7", 44 years old
    Starting Weight 1/3/22: 155.8
    GW: ~128-132ish
    2/23/22: 150; 3/30/22: 147; 4/22: Missed; 5/31/22: 149.4; 6/29/22: 152.4; 7/27/22:150.6; 8/31/22: 151.4
    Measurements Start 8/10/22: Waist 31 5/8; BellyButton 36 5/8; Butt 38 3/4; Hips 39

9/7/22: 151.0 lbs; W 30 3/4; BB 36; Bt 38 1/2; H 39 3/8
    9/14/22: 150.2 lbs; W 30 1/2; BB 35 1/2; Bt 38 3/4; 38 3/4
    9/21/22: 151.4 lbs; Measurements negligible differences.
    ~~~~~~~
    I've historically done morning workouts, and honestly have no excuses right now - I was up at 5:20 for the barn, now I could sleep until 6:30 and get up for my workout.
    My problem this past week has been giving in to the stress. When I'm stressed and can't find a quick and easy solution, my reaction is to sit there and come up with all the solutions, bounce all over the place mentally, but then shut down in other ways (in this instance, working out and wanting to eat like crap). I've mostly kept the eating on track, but it's all I can do not to run out and grab some fast food even though I know it won't actually help, I WANT it - BAD. Doesn't help we need to go grocery shopping again, so the cupboards are getting pretty bare of healthy snacks and quick make healthier choices, so the urge to just go make someone else do the work gets extra tempting.
    I'll get past this, I've still been keeping up with my task list, which is the main thing - the discipline will come back once my brain quits freaking out here and looping on all the bad things.
    Work has been slow this week - studying for my PMP, but there's only so much of that I can do in a day until I stop retaining anything. I should be happy to have a chill week, but honestly wouldn't mind a little more going on, at least until I find some part time work to add in LOL.

@SparkSpringtime69 that's too funny, especially the alarm! I kinda miss going to the gym - not so much the going and fighting over the squat rack or a certain machine I needed that day, but just being surrounded by other people who have that mindset. Especially in the early mornings when I would go it was generally a more dedicated crowd, and it was helpful just to be surrounded by that sometimes. I can't justify it right now, but part of me misses it!
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 883 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    @Antiopelle thanks for the info, it's good to know that it works out either way. I'd rather do the circuit, but it seems at this gym I'm better off just staying on each machine until I'm done so I don't have to wait to get it back. I'm only using a couple leg machines right now anyway. Once my back gets back to normal I'll probably add some more ST into the days.
    @zenobia9777 and @honeybadger302 finding a routine that works definitely helps us to stay on track, and when something changes in that routine, it can really throw us a curve ball. I had joined a gym back in NJ in January of 2020. I went consistently in the morning, about 5AM, worked out, showered, dressed and went to work. When the pandemic hit and the gym closed, I kept up an exercise routine at home, but once I was laid off, my whole morning routine was shot. It took me some time to get a routine back.
    When we moved to SC, my routine was interrupted again, and I'm just now working on getting it back. I still get up sometime between 5 and 6, but my workouts have been replaced with an immediate morning cup of tea or 2 or 5, wow, I really have to get that workout back into place again!
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Hoping I can stick to this routine. Even after a 7 hr road trip I committed to getting in my 10k steps. I understand @HoneyBadger302 - stress can have that effect on me too.

@SparkSpringtime69 Thanks for the chuckle. I miss the gym. But glad I have my basement gym. Back with my parents in their home so will have to improvise since I have limited equipment.

I don’t think I can do it but maybe in stages - an early or at least an earlier rise. I know better - just on the electronics way too late but it helps me fall asleep. Will try a new strategy!
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    I kept up with the logging yesterday. Today I went to yoga and I'm going to try to go for a walk.

I get into those looping thoughts too, @HoneyBadger302 . Hang in there. It all seems to run in cycles for me.
  • HoneyBadger302
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Well, got myself out of bed this morning and got my workout clothes on and did a short "push" lift routine (will go for "pull" tomorrow since it's way too late in the week for my full split).
    Got news just as we were getting into bed that someone we knew had committed suicide. I didn't know him well, but he's been in a couple group moto rides and I've chatted with him a few times. My BF knew him better than I did, has known him for a while, so I think it may have hit him a little harder. Some mutual friends who dude was staying with are having some serious "survivor's guilt" after dude bailed on them last minute for house sitting for their vacation and then totaled his bike being dumb, so they had kinda laid into him a bit about getting his *kitten* together just before they left for their vacation...

Anyways, I think that may have given me a kick in the pants about "doing the things anyways" and knowing that the only guaranteed way to fail is to quit doing the things...so got up this morning with a little determination to keep pushing despite feeling "burnt out" on crawling back up.
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    @HoneyBadger302 wow, that was tough to read.
    It is so sad when people think that's the only solution.

Be kind to yourself!
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    @HoneyBadger302 I’m so sorry to hear this. Hard summer for most folks for some reason.

Glad to hear you’re determined to keep up your workouts.

I had one of those whooshes (sp?) I heard about but never had! 3 pounds in a day. I think my 10k daily step goal is helping - on a 5 day streak so far.

Happy Fall and Happy Weekend, Pals!
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    @HoneyBadger302 sorry to hear of your sad news, I agree with what @zenobia9777 and @CeeBeeSlim both said above.
    CeeBeeSlim congrats on the 3-lb day!!
    I hope everyone has a great weekend. DH and I will be cleaning up and power washing our back porch, fun times.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    That a tough one on top of everything else going on for you at the moment, @HoneyBadger302. I wish you loads of courage.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. Really enjoying the strength training and agreeing with something I read the other day. Despite all the benefits one gets from strength training - weight loss, aesthetics, increased energy, better sleep - getting stronger and lifting more and more weight is the best feeling. Almost addictive!

Just finding with the new 3 days of week training, I’m a bit too tired to do my cardio - I still get my 10k steps in but not doing my step aerobics or boxing. Maybe I just have to get use to it.

Thanks SparkSpringtime69. Happy porch cleaning 🤣.
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    @CeeBeeSlim it's taking me quite a while to get stronger. Today's circuit training was especially difficult for some reason. It was very crowded and the instructor wasn't quite prepared for the crowd. Some people just show up when they're supposed to sign up ahead of time.

Congratulations on the weight loss. I think I found what you lost (haha) I am almost two pounds up. Can't believe it. Now I'm back to my routine. I'm just going to try to be super careful. There just isn't a lot of wiggle room.

I woke up really hungry this morning even though I wasn't that hungry last night and had a good dinner.
    I should go walk the dogs now. The more activity, the better!
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    @zenobia9777 Thanks but I think I took the 2 pounds back from ya! 🤪

Confused and disheartened, (although after a new low, I do go back up and then down again) I laid the scale on another part of the bathroom floor, then another, and then another - 4 different weights within a 3 pound range. Exasperating is not the word.

In 2020, we had my parents bathroom renovated so it’s clear the floor is no longer level. This may make me toss any connection to the scale and just go by my clothes. I’ll try another bathroom and same scale tomorrow. Grrrrrr.

@zenobia9777 Are you at least getting stronger- even if at a slow rate? I wouldn’t rush it! I got caught up in the progressive overload goal and went up too quickly too fast - not sure if my back
    has recovered.

Happy Monday, All!
  • HoneyBadger302
    Options
    Got up for my normal workout this morning - felt good and was relaxed doing it first thing in the morning like that (my preference under normal circumstances).

Have an interview for a p/t job tomorrow - really not sure how I want to handle that right now though. A big part of me just wants to BREATH for a minute after 15 months of 2 jobs, 5 days a week, plus 4 months of the weekend gig in there. BUT, my budget really could use the extra money...and not sure I can get my consulting/coaching bringing in money that quickly (gig is a seasonal customer service role - remote). I'll see what kind of schedule and hours they are looking at and maybe talk it over with the bf a bit too before I decide. I think a bit of burnout (understandable) is going on...
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    @HoneyBadger302 Hope the interview went well. Given your situation, burnout is expected. Any chance you can take a break - a getaway with the bf?

Continuing with my routine despite the ups and downs of the scale. I don’t think I need it and to be honest, I feel a lil old and not where I wanna spend my money right now, but has anyone ever used and benefitted from an online coach?
  • HoneyBadger302
    Options
    Interview itself went well, but the hours and training requirements won't work with my full time job :(

Not the end of the world, I got a lot of clarification around terminating my lease, and I will be clicking those buttons later this week. Even after fees, I will come out at least $2500 ahead compared to staying here, with relief in my budget in two months. Have until just before move out to pay the termination fee, so that gives me time to sell stuff if I need to and collect money I'm owed, or borrow if I must.

It'll be rushing the move a lot earlier than planned, but honestly the house/rent+all the utilities is what is murdering my budget right now, and it's the only set bill I can in some way eliminate without a major ding to my longer term credit.
  • HoneyBadger302
    Options
    5'7", 44 years old
    Starting Weight 1/3/22: 155.8
    GW: ~128-132ish
    2/23/22: 150; 3/30/22: 147; 4/22: Missed; 5/31/22: 149.4; 6/29/22: 152.4; 7/27/22:150.6; 8/31/22: 151.4
    Measurements Start 8/10/22: Waist 31 5/8; BellyButton 36 5/8; Butt 38 3/4; Hips 39

9/7/22: 151.0 lbs; W 30 3/4; BB 36; Bt 38 1/2; H 39 3/8
    9/14/22: 150.2 lbs; W 30 1/2; BB 35 1/2; Bt 38 3/4; 38 3/4
    9/21/22: 151.4 lbs; Measurements negligible differences.
    9/28/22: 149.4 lbs - forgot to measure this am, so will get next week.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    @HoneyBadger302. Sounds like you have a plan. Take it easy. Moving brings its own stresses, but it appears this will all work in your favor. Doing great scale weight wise!

We’re expecting lots of rain from Ian and making sure all our devices are charged up and have food in case of any power outages.

Can’t believe Sept’s end is almost here!