Weight No More Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2022

jugar
jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
edited October 2022 in Social Groups
xff5hqb57nx9.png
Here is your Team chat room for September 2022. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

We have five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and open

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - open! let your Captains know if you are interested :smiley:
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28 & @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The September challenge runs from September 4th - October 1st. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Every challenger weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat thread. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for longer. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!
Β«1345678

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,007 Member
    The Sept Week 1 Group Challenge is posted and ready to begin on Sunday, Sept 4th. Please join us for Jump Into Fall as we try a choice of mini-challenges designed to motivate us as we transition into the Fall Season. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10873067/september-week-1-group-challenge-jump-into-fall#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :blush:
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

tqyox13uv72b.png
    5f9q9rgk42g6.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    x04h39jrt0ek.png

By Pounds
    edax44rhdx4w.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    kgb588ebbrzu.png

By Pounds
    cdxeczqyh13v.png
    jkqz8wdrd38d.png

Team Winners
    3xbp58se7dfa.png

• minstrelofsarcasm
    n1bx52w74edw.png

dzeq5ph0ulio.png
    usb7gog0c5hs.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    k515a7oyoiug.png

By Pounds
    sd2w6k3tozb5.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    blbm31bhy6ur.png

By Pounds
    rjbea6xt7oc7.png
    v8d3xfjpqe8t.png
    ryuet0olyt5f.png

Team Winners
    hd7fdk53orxd.png
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    Steps

Sun-13,461
    Mon-9,635
    Tues-13,058
    Wed-10,799
    Thurs-14,217
    Fri-7,377
    Sat-6,805
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    Went out dress shopping today for my sil wedding in aruba for Oct. What a disaster. I have a few weeks to get rid of some of this flab. I have to really step up my game. I'm going to pull out my food scale. Hopefully get back in my routine of exercising daily. I almost died at zumba today and then I realized I haven't worked out since last Sunday. I thought this can't keep happening. Then I added on the dress shopping and that was it for me. I saw some acupuncture earings on fb I was tempted to buy to give a little jump start but I'm not hopeful of them working, lol. I know there is no magic pill except the one my Dr gave me that I didn't eat at all and I'm not interested in that one.
  • 9Harvey
    9Harvey Posts: 104 Member
    August 28th and September 4th

Weigh In Day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: August 21st - 228.0
    Current Weight: August 28st and September 4th - 228.0

Holding strong at 228.0 lbs. I'm guessing its from my new routine and lifting weights more frequently. Can't say that I like it.
  • shnkrnrynn
    shnkrnrynn Posts: 85 Member
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 208
    CW (Current Weight): 208

Steps August 29- September 4
    August 29- 3166
    August 30 - 10875
    August 31 - 10609
    September 1- 11408
    September 2 - 3973
    September 3 - 4218
    September 4 - 7980

7779lq28jtm4.png
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Steps
    Sun 7472
    Mon 5002
    Tue 3153
    Wed 4026
    Thu 4735
    Fri 4610
    Sat 3138
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    MotylekOkruchy
    steps:

Sunday: 10056
    Monday: 10297
    Tuesday: 10245
    Wednesday: 8655
    Thursday: 10714
    Friday: 21988
    Saturday: 21566
    TOTAL: 93521
    Still one day below 10K but I made it up at the weekend - last camping trip this summer. A lot of walking AND a lot of eating.

This week won't be as good because I have an oral surgery on Wednesday and I am allowed activity level at 50% of normal effort for the 1st week and at 80% for the 2nd week. I am also wondering how my body is going to react to the shock of the procedure in terms of the number on the bathroom scale - will see on Friday.
  • SarahJoyManea
    SarahJoyManea Posts: 34 Member
    @SarahJoyManea

Hi All

Weigh In Day: Friday (I weighed on Saturday 3rd as I forgot!)
    PW (Previous Weight): 192.2
    CW (Current Weight): 188.1

Down 4.1lbs this week and sooooo happy about it - steps are also almost back on track too!

Steps
    28th - 3,814
    29th - 1,023 (Bank holiday - whoops)
    30th - 18,829
    31st - 20,148
    1st - 20,779
    2nd - 15,983
    3rd - 8,200

Thanks all

πŸ’“πŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œ

• seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    Hi there, everyone! :waves: It's been a few weeks since I've been around - was traveling for multiple weeks and then my scale broke. A new one is on the way, but I've made use of an older, backup scale for the last few days.

I started my weight-loss in July 2021, and am finally *FINALLY* about to cross the seventy-pound mark. I've been dealing with a lengthy plateau over the last 8 - 10 weeks, and I'm hoping I've finally broken through it.

user name: seltzer_lover
    Weigh-in days: Mondays
    SW: 300
    PW: 235.6
    CW: 232.4

It was good to be without a scale for a bit as it did get me to focus on everything other than just the number that was displayed every morning. I very much still struggle with daily weigh-ins and letting the number affect me.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm
    September Week One

Previous Weight: 176 lbs
    Current Weight: 175.8 lbs
    Loss to Date: 58.2 lbs

My workout routine is starting to pick up in intensity again, and I finally restocked my fridge with healthier options... maybe we'll see a bigger loss next week? Also still considering switching my weigh day. To what? I don't know, but if I continue with my personal training sessions on Monday evenings, there's a guaranteed bloat on Tuesday mornings, and I'd rather avoid the psychological turmoil that comes with it if I can.
  • shnkrnrynn
    I had a cake day and the scale is not happy. I have till sunday to bring it back to normal
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    edited September 2022
    ~ Step Challenge Results ~
    AUGUST WEEK FIVE

Team Statistics -
    Steppers: 5
    Total Steps: 342,014
    Average Steps Per Stepper: 68,403

The Leaderboard -

@MotylekOkruchy - 93,521 total | 13,360 average - iMost Steps in One Day!
    @SarahJoyManea - 88,776 total | 12,682 average
    @ljdanny - 75,352 total | 10,765 average
    @shnkrnrynn - 52,229 total | 7,461 average
    @pacsnc6 - 32,136 total | 4,591 average - Most Consistent!

MONTH OF AUGUST

Team Statistics -
    Steppers: 8
    Total Steps: 1,651,173
    Average Steps Per Stepper: 206,397

The Leaderboard -

@SarahJoyManea - 431,543 total
    @MotylekOkruchy - 320,827 total
    @Browan19 - 209,499 total
    @ljdanny - 182,464 total
    @shnkrnrynn - 176,671 total
    @melissacoleman430 - 139,424 total
    @pacsnc6 - 111,459 total - Most Consistent Week to Week!
    @cleaneater80 - 79,286 total

Great job everyone! Thanks for contributing to our total steps as a team!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    I had a cake day and the scale is not happy. I have till sunday to bring it back to normal

Having a piece of cake should not cause that big of a problem. Having the entire cake might be an issue ...
  • worldtrav89
    worldtrav89 Posts: 30 Member
    Weigh in 9.7.2022
    Weigh in day: Wednesday

Pw: 214.0
    Cw: 217.2
  • shnkrnrynn

Having a piece of cake should not cause that big of a problem. Having the entire cake might be an issue ...

Hahaha!
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,187 Member

LOL!
This discussion has been closed.