WaistAways Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Hello! Weekends are getting a little to relaxed and I am underestimating how long away from home activities will take. My daughter's cross country meet was Saturday and I knew we would eat out for breakfast so I planned a more indulgent breakfast than normal 😋 That would have been fine if I made it home for lunch but I didn't. Then lunch out followed by the coffee shop. Sunday was a rush to get the laundry done, change out the piggies cage and more firewood to be put up. My in laws offered to get McDonald's and I didn't think twice about free food I didn't have to make. I really need to do better.

I think the lack of down time is really impacting my choices. I see take out as a bit of a break so I have been jumping at any chance I get to reclaim some time.

I have switched up my schedule now that my morning workouts are going really well and I am getting out of bed easily. I'm moving lunch prep to the mornings and it went really well today. I had everything done on time and still had 10 minutes to chill out before walking out the door.

Today my workout is done plus some foam rolling. My macros are where they should be for the day too. I am set up to see the physical therapist on Oct 4th which is sooner than I thought I would get in.

@jugar loved the mushrooms and we have to clean our chimney soon too!

I love hearing everyone's news and how you are doing. Have a great night!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,227 Member
    Options
    Whhoooosh! Monday gone. Or at least on its way. It was a good quiet day, in spite of the chimney sweeping. They are good and it hardly made any messes at all.

Reminders of the Day! There are still a couple of Monday people who need to weigh in, and the Tuesday Duo - send 'em in and the month will be a wrap! Time to get started on the first weigh-in of October. Wow.

@MsMcClane
    @MoonlitMuse
    @Kali225
    @JEB03253

Thanks!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I'm behind on posts and sharing steps, sorry! Had a great time in NC but it was a lot of food and unfortunately, I'm stuck at the airport waiting for a flight that has been delayed 3 hours already.
    @jugar can I be excused for this week? I'm hoping to just sleep tomorrow and hopefully eat some normal food the rest of the week.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,191 Member
    Options
    Evening all!
    Today's wins:
    steps were good (lunchtime walk with Brad and the dog)
    i didn't cry about work
    I rode the Peloton for 60 minutes, and it was a HARD one
    I made a healthy fish dinner
    Under calorie allotment

I'll hopefully get to the step report tomorrow so @Kali225 once you get freed from your flight nightmare there is still time to count you in! Glad NC was so great
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Good morning WaistAways!

178.2 this morning, so on our way downward. I don't expect that I'll get all the way back to my previous weigh in by Friday, but I'm glad to be back in the 170s again.

It's Tuesday, and nearly October already, where has the month gone. I'm going to drink my coffee and work on my personal TDEE spreadsheet before I head out to another day at the job.

@conleywoods I'm glad your morning workouts are working...out...haha. I remember you (or maybe it was someone else!) having a problem doing workouts in the morning last month. (I think it was @KellyBgetsfit now that I think about it)

@ashleycarole88 those are all really great things! Except the not-crying about work, because if not crying about work is your win, then it's normal to cry about work for you and I'm sorry.

@Kali225 oh noo I'm sorry to hear you're stuck at the airport! I'm in VA, let me know and I'll bring the cavalry to break you out!

Have a great day, everyone!
  • jugar
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Kali225 wrote: »
    I'm behind on posts and sharing steps, sorry! Had a great time in NC but it was a lot of food and unfortunately, I'm stuck at the airport waiting for a flight that has been delayed 3 hours already.
    @jugar can I be excused for this week? I'm hoping to just sleep tomorrow and hopefully eat some normal food the rest of the week.
    No problem! I hope you get home all right. Or that @CupcakeCrusoe arrives with the cavalry!
    p4u2jypeu5dh.png
  • jugar
    Options
    Well. Today just kind of blew up into a big nothing. Errands, finding out that the older of our 2 cars is now dead, more errands, a tiny bit of practicing, the rest meh. I guess today is an official day off! They happen. I used to like those more when they were actually planned...

Let's get caught up - I'll post later on who is due when what where how - who's on first?
  • jugar
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 I was watching someone walk a lovely Malinois today, wishing I had a dog to walk sometimes! I miss my sweet boxers - but I guess having a partner and family is a pretty good compensation. Sadly my taller half has such serious allergies there is no possibility of another dog - but at least we have all the woods animals around the house without fear. Not so bad.

So let's get caught up and into Wednesday -
    Late!
    @MsMcClane
    @MoonlitMuse

Still for Tuesday -
    @JEB03253

Due Wednesday -
    @AshenMoon
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @lauren_989

Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,191 Member
    Options
    Morning all! Sleep was okay last night and we are starting the day with fruit bowls. Activity has been on track every day this week so I'm aiming to make today count as well.

Looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow as is Brad. The bus has been turned around.
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Cw is 223.1 woo! :)

@jugar
  • jugar
    Options
    AshenMoon wrote: »
    Cw is 223.1 woo! :)
    The Ashleys are on a roll! Buses turning around for sure :smiley:
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    PW: 210.2
    CW: 214

Uh oh. I hate to even post this. Had a very rough week this week when it came to eating. Met some friends for lunch and drinks last Wednesday, they bought me a mini cake (no occasion) and of course I ate it. My husband had an off day so we got crumbl cookies. Then at work someone brought in a pastry tray and big bag of candy. This was because we are super short staffed and food will make us forget, right? Then I had a rough day which equaled ice cream 😕 I didn't track at all. It's TOM. All of this is not excuse, it's just what happened. Back to tracking today.

What do you do for stress/mood swings/hormones instead of going to food?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,074 Member
    Options
    Hi WA's...You have a new member joining your amazing team ...Please welcome @Rachelw124 :)
  • jugar
    edited September 2022
    Options
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    PW: 210.2
    CW: 214

Uh oh. I hate to even post this. Had a very rough week this week when it came to eating. Met some friends for lunch and drinks last Wednesday, they bought me a mini cake (no occasion) and of course I ate it. My husband had an off day so we got crumbl cookies. Then at work someone brought in a pastry tray and big bag of candy. This was because we are super short staffed and food will make us forget, right? Then I had a rough day which equaled ice cream 😕 I didn't track at all. It's TOM. All of this is not excuse, it's just what happened. Back to tracking today.

What do you do for stress/mood swings/hormones instead of going to food?
    I'm so glad you did post this. Running away from sharing the bad times doesn't help - and they happen! I don't know of anyone who has had a pure run of 100% tracking and losing weight every single week. It is not possible. So! Your question is a good one. What to do?

Sadly, food is wonderful. Those delicious things will always give you a rush of pleasure. Sadly also - afterwards does not feel quite so good. Our bodies get pretty unhappy about the kinds of things that have all that deliciousness, especially because it is so hard to stop eating them once you get started. My sister @EvMakesChanges told me a great and useful line for those times when we turn to the yummy food that we will later regret: Food can only help one problem. Hunger. That is the only thing it can fix. Ice cream might improve a couple of minutes of "rough day", but that's about it.

Kicking ourselves towards the things that will actually make "rough day" better is HARD. But the aftermath is fantastic. Off day with the hubby - go for a walk or watch a movie together? Play tug of war? (a fave stress buster in my family when the kids were younger) Alone or together - sit down and do some breathing exercises or listen to some music without doing anything else? Do some good sweaty exercise? I am sure you can come up with a useful list of things to try. You won't avoid the ice cream every single time, but hopefully you'll only have one messed up day instead of a whole week. Walks with friends beat meals with friends sometimes - have fun doing something that isn't eating.

As to the lovely people bringing pastry and candy to work? You might have to take drastic action! I used to tell my office mates to bring only chocolate, banana-based baked goods, or caramel anything if they wanted to treat everyone. I do NOT like any of those things at all. What don't you like? See if you can make them bring only that stuff. :wink:
  • jugar
    Options
    Welcome @Rachelw124 ! Dive right in - introduce yourself and ask any questions you might have. We're glad to have you with us.

@AshenMoon your face has changed for sure! And your neck - what a difference. 26 pounds GONE! Keep up the fantastic progress :heart:
  • Rachelw124
    Rachelw124 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Wow lots of comments to catch up on but I'll do my best to keep up. I'll start by telling you a little bit about my weight loss journey. So I started 2 years ago after my second child. I ate super super healthy(didn't even have to exercise that much) and the pounds just seemed to melt away. I was super motivated because I got married a year ago. I ended up losing 67 pounds went from 197 to 130. I ended up getting pregnant again and gained alot! Fast forward to today. Im now 187 and 2 1/2 months postpartum as of this morning and having a really hard time eating healthy and keeping up wirh my water intake. My kids are 4,2 and 2 1/2 months. I know last time I might have went a little over board with cutting my calories and that's how i lost the weight so fast. This time I want to try focus on exercising as well to retain muscle and eating a healthy amount of calories. Just finding that motivation to eat healthy and time to exercise seems to be hard. Hoping this group can help me stay strong and motivated!
  • jugar
    edited September 2022
    Options
    @Rachelw124 Thanks for the portrait of your journey - it sounds like you have done some good thinking already. People believe that post-menopause is the hardest time to lose weight, but I am convinced that post-partum and the years of having small kids are far more difficult! You really do have zero time, and healthy eating while feeding small picky people gives rocket science a run for its money.

We'll do our best to share ideas and support you through it - you might lose slowly, but hopefully you will lose. Spending a bit of time on your own health and well-being is important. This is a good place to do that, I hope!

My first idea is an exercise program that is easy to follow, takes 15-30 minutes per day. A couple of us here use this one - and they have a 14 day free program to give it a try right now. It is Pilates-based, and the woman who runs it has 4 little ones (including twins), so there are lots of good adaptations for post-partum, etc. Give it a try if you want! https://lindywell.com/ It might not be your cup of tea, but I'm just throwing it out there just in case.

Don't worry about trying to catch up on all the posts for the month - we'll be starting our new October team chat thread on Friday or Saturday, all ready for the first official day Sunday. Everyone re-introduces themselves and sets some specific goals for the month. If you have any questions, fire away!
  • jugar
    Options
    Weigh-in Update!

Due through Thursday:
    @JEB03253
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @bowens1973
    @ashleycarole86

This discussion has been closed.