WaistAways Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    @AshenMoon WOW! I definitely see the difference in your face and neck! You are doing so awesome and thank you for sharing.

@lauren_989 I'm doing a bit of the stress eating too lately. If you have a natural menstrual cycle (you don't use hormonal birth control) your hormones do so many things for more days before you actually have the TOM that make you hungry. It still happens with hormonal birth control but it can be a quicker transition. I think some times it's important to remember that you don't make as much serotonin before your TOM and your body can crave sweets and carbs to give you a serotonin boost. Sometimes just remember this can help me understand why I would be willing to break into a bakery after hours for a cupcake 🧁 Try replacement treats that aren't as bad or get smaller portions. One of my favorite stress busters is to go to a nursery and walk through the greenhouse and just take in the plants. I have one near my house and I also have one 5 minutes from work and that's where I went for lunch today. If I know I want take out because things have gotten stressful. I try to pick places I can order online. I order early in the day when I'm more likely to make good choices. Then it's done and I don't impulse buy treats. Its a work in progress and like I said, I'm not doing the best in this department this week! I did say no to cookie today! Progress
  • Rachelw124
    Rachelw124 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    @jugar thanks so much for the welcome! I definitely check out the exercises. Excited to be apart of everyone's journey!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    @Rachelw124 Welcome to the team! My kids are older now but I have 3 kids that are close together in age. You are definitely in a busy stage of life right now. We are glad you are here with us.
  • Melissa0711
    Melissa0711 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This week has not been very good!! I haven’t worked out at all…I might take a pass on the weigh in on Friday! Tomorrow is a new day and I plan to get back on track!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    PW 151.2
    CW 150.8

I really wanted to hit the 140s, but I had a few off days this week. In addition to go out on Friday, someone brought Crumbl cookies on Monday. Yesterday I crushed my workout, which left starving and I ate some of the snacks in my classroom. 🤦‍♀️

I am definitely a stress eater. During stressful times in my life, I focus on meditation and I really try to get my workouts in. In the moment, it is hard. I try to district myself. I agree with Christy, have some healthier alternatives around.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,191 Member
    Options
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 170.4
    CW 168.8
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @Rachelw124 welcome to the team! This is a great bunch of supportive people :smile:

@conleywoods I would never have thought about pre-ordering takeout - what a great idea. I've taken to ask myself whether I want the fast food, or I want speed/convenience and often it's the latter. Then I can look at what we already have at home that would pass the convenience test. I'm hoping to find a good question for snacks too, but that's a work in progress.

I've been thinking about a habit to work on in October, and I have two. I want to reduce my spending, so I'll not be going to convenience stores during the week which means buying fewer snacks, which means I can choose more healthy options in the weekly shop as we all know they last in the house longer!

The second is to make a fruit-infused water every day, and drink 2L of it. The preparation only takes a minute; cut fruit, put in jug, add water, and I can top the water up a couple of times throughout the day using the same fruit. I tried strawberry, kiwi and lime with sparkling water yesterday, but I much prefer still. Sparkling water has a sharpness to it that I just don't enjoy.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,227 Member
    Options
    This week has not been very good!! I haven’t worked out at all…I might take a pass on the weigh in on Friday! Tomorrow is a new day and I plan to get back on track!
    I encourage you to weigh in anyhow - avoiding the data from weeks that were "loose" is not necessary. It's all information, right? And then think how great you'll feel when your week 1 of October is totally amazing :smiley:
    PW 151.2
    CW 150.8

I really wanted to hit the 140s, but I had a few off days this week. In addition to go out on Friday, someone brought Crumbl cookies on Monday. Yesterday I crushed my workout, which left starving and I ate some of the snacks in my classroom. 🤦‍♀️

I am definitely a stress eater. During stressful times in my life, I focus on meditation and I really try to get my workouts in. In the moment, it is hard. I try to district myself. I agree with Christy, have some healthier alternatives around.
    You might not have slipped into the 140s quite yet, but you are the first team member to weigh in this week who had all FOUR weeks of September in the green!! Keep up the steady progress :heart:
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

PW:180.8
    CW: 179.8

Honestly, between getting COVID this month and vacation and eating almost to maintenance this week to keep my energy up (I'm so tired all the time! Hopefully I'll be back to normal soon!), I'll take this.

I had every intention this week to eat my normal deficit, but I was tired to the point of not even wanting to carry the baby from the car to the door, and calling my husband to do it. Like, pull a stool up to the stove to cook dinner, tired. So I made the executive decision to eat closer to maintenance for some more energy, maybe I would recover and get back to normal faster. So that's what I did, and I did get through my normal gym routine (going a little less hard than usual) by doing it.

You live and you learn. Here's to next month being better for weight loss!
  • jugar
    Options
    Yikes! I forgot to nag everyone last night :smiley:

Here is who is due through the end of Friday:
    @JEB03253
    @PlaneMonkey
    @EvMakesChanges
    @conleywoods
    @micki48
    @bobagurl2017
    @Melissa0711

Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    @micki48 well done! It sounds like a lot of busy, but that 4 year old energy must be rubbing off on you even as it wears you out :smiley:
  • Melissa0711
    Melissa0711 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I didn’t weigh in this morning…part of it was not wanting to and I also forgot cause I had to get up and get to work much earlier than normal! If I’m able to weigh in tomorrow I can do that otherwise I’ll take the pass this week.
  • jugar
    Options
    Our October Team Chat is open! Please go post your introductions, goals, and intentions for the month:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10874904/waistaways-team-chat-october-2022/p1?new=1

Continue to weigh in here through Saturday night!
  • jugar
    Options
    The new month's habit tracker is also up and running. Give it a try and see how much fun all those little green checkmarks can be :smiley:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10874909/habit-tracker-october-2022/p1?new=1
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    September was a good month! I have a feeling October will be better!
This discussion has been closed.