WaistAways Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,102 Member
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit yikes - 6 hours is certainly not enough sleep! Absolutely no shame in shutting down the alarm and staying in bed. I know those workouts feel great afterwards, but so does sleep. Some HIIT style workouts are pretty short - maybe you can work one of those in a little envelope of time sometime during the day. I hope you find a plan so that you can feel good two ways instead of just one!
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you @jugar <3
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Kali225 wrote: »
    @ashleycarole86 major correction!!! I meant 12 min mile pace which is NOT 12 mph!!! That would be 5mph. Lol.

I thought Wew, Kay is a cheetah!!! lol
  • jugar
    Options
    Phew - just finished my bike trip through an episode of something exciting enough for me to pile on an extra couple of miles. Time for a shower!

Reminder first - weigh-ins due through Tuesday:
    @MsMcClane
    @Kali225
    @JEB03253

Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    I have been thinking about "quiet bags" all afternoon! Thanks for the mental fodder @micki48 :smiley: And yes, the thought that we can do hard things is one of the best.

@Kali225 and @JEB03253 - great job! Wonderful progress this past week. Keep it up!

We're getting a heat pump system installed over the next 2 days, so it is going to be kind of wild around here. Luckily, I have to leave tomorrow afternoon for the first session for our wool project. I'm sure it will be interesting - a fibre artist friend, my electronic music collaborator and I will have the first meeting with a group of half recent immigrant and half local resident women in Valcourt, Québec. Over the next 8 weeks, they will create a work out of wool, and we sound people will record the sessions and then build a piece that will be integrated into the final wool sculpture via tiny speakers and controllers. It sure beats watching people install heat systems! I enjoy being part of the compositional process without having to be THE composer. There are more hybrid kinds of collaborative creation than there used to be, and I think it is a good thing.

Today was a low movement day, but I did manage a tough Pilates workout and my daily practice session. Tomorrow, back on the bike.

I hope everyone is getting through work days, planning, sticking with planning, and generally being fabulous humans. I know you are!

Weigh-ins due through Wednesday:

@MsMcClane
    @AshenMoon
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @lauren_989

Thanks!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    @Kali225 You are killing it! So inspiring to hear where you are right now…”
    Agreed! I love being in the pool at work. It’s one of my favorite places to move with joy!

I have 5 children sleeping currently and 11 trying to rest quietly with quiet bags. LOL It's not bad, but wouldn't say quiet. They really are a good class…”they can do hard things”. I guess we could all use that thought in our heads…

Amen! I love podcasts with women who talk about doing hard things. It’s definitely reassuring.
    I’m on a roll sleeping better this week and starting to feel more centered. Yay!
    My work has a big shindig tomorrow afternoon and then our yearly department “play time together” on Thursday afternoon. One would think having them further apart would make sense but, nope!
    Well, nigh night!
    More soon.
    Xoxo

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,142 Member
    Options
    @YinxFed
    Just looking for your week 2 exercise if you have it! Don't want to miss you :)
This discussion has been closed.