Oct 12 weight-
    Oct 19 weight -
    Oct 26 weight -
    Oct 31 weight -

Kathy
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,297 Member
    Options
    We did 3 miles this morning then I continued for 2+ miles. we were at 21 & 22 miles per hour then I got to 17 miles per hour!! That's twice I've managed that!! Crazy!
    The kids are going to Morrow Bay for a few days so we have Bean. We'll take him on our walk tomorrow and see how he does. Last time I took him out he was tired at 3 miles. I felt so bad having 1.5 miles to get us home. :# Tomorrow will be better.
    Let's all have a great October!! Eight weeks until we get to meet CJ!!! So excited!! Must go buy him something on Amazon!!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,859 Member
    Options
    Chris, Muahaha, Amazon loves you.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Shelley, no walking today, but I did get a bunch of stuff for CJ on Amazon this morning!! There is a "cry detector chair-swing" that wasn't even invented when Ronan was born! Crazy! ...or I just hadn't seen it back then... Pricey but wanted to see if it worked. If it does, I'll get one for us to have here instead of bring it back and forth. Got my fingers crossed. We'll see. Ronan was hard to get to sleep and keep asleep. Maybe CJ will be different.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris that sounds interesting. I agree, all babies are different. I hope CJ is an easy baby. Heaven knows they make up for it later. o:)

I think Rocky has decided to hire out the final phase of the roof. The pitch is very steep and he is really nervous about being up there with steel sheeting in our wind. The guys did get all the rest done.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Well, c**p!!! Okay, the good part...we took Bean out for a walk this morning...very slow 2.92 miles in 74 mins, but we did it!! Then I get cleaned up and head out to my trainer's and my car dings at me! The car bumps as I take off then a picture comes up of the car and tires...front tire is way low! I come right back to the house in a panic. It's a screw...
    Pat gets a kit to fix it and while he is out messing with the car tire the kitchen sink starts to gurgle at me...the bathtub in the front bathroom backs up with water and sticks. The shower in the back bathroom backs up with water and sticks. EGADS!!!! That happened about five months ago...Pat called the same guys to come out and fix it. Why did it happen again? What is going on?
    I'll be back later with an update of the Gurgling Sink!!
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,687 Member
    Options
    OMG, Chris!

The mystery of the Gurgling Sink! And the Screwed Tire! And the Slow Bean! Oh dearie oh!

I assume you didn't make it to the trainer's?

Hugs,
    Paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    Bwahahah! No Paula, no trainer today. She said I sounded frazzled when I called her to cancel the workout. I so hate car stuff.
    Pat unscrewed the tire, he thinks. We'll have to drive the car 5-10 miles before we see if the tire is fixed or not.
    The Gurgling Sink Guy came out, ungurgled the pipes and gave us a discount. Turns out Flushable Wipes are not all that flushable after all.
    It was a crazy day! Eating graham crackers and pb now. ;)
    Chris
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Chris - glad the gurgling is fixed!! So annoying!

Paula - I'll join yhe no snacking after dinner club! I've gotten into the habit again.

Pretty unhappy with my weight as we get ready for the cruise on Saturday (Bermuda & Bahamas). It looks like it's a-go. It was a little dicey with hurricane Ian. We are leaving out of port Canaveral which has now reopened. According to Royal Caribbean they are leaving on Saturday, and it looks like we can check into our flight tomorrow. So green light. I'm for sure I'm concerned about all of the eating on this ship. But I can't let a week in my life that I've been waiting for for several years get me crazy. I do plan on exercising a ton which will be nice. Haven't really had a lot of space to do that lately.

I'm definitely anxious about leaving Bella with mom. Bella has a lot of anxiety about us leaving. Definitely a little bumpy over the past 2 weeks. But as I said to mom, do the best you can. Hopefully she can get to school on time, get to school period. Hopefully she will do her homework. But this is a great opportunity for her to show her independence. We can't control it anyway.

The last step is a covid test that we have to get on Thursday when we arrive in Orlando. The cruise ship demands it because we're going to Bermuda. Jim and I have been wearing masks for 2 weeks hoping to not get covid. Keep your fingers crossed!

Tying up so much with work...ouy vey!

Karen
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,238 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies. I am keeping up with your posts as much as possible.

Karen enjoy your cruise. I’m sure Bermuda will be wonderfully pictures please. Sending positive thoughts to Bella. Pray she will be fine.

Chris I hate car issues as well. And the gurgling sink…just wow!

Paula I hope you’re doing well, glad to see you posting.’

Shelley I ove your pictures of the cabin in progress. Keep posting them.

My dad is probably in the last stages of his transition according to the hospice nurse. He isn’t eating or drinking. I give him water in a dropper along with morphine every 2 hours. The nurse says it helps his breathing and pain. He is now not talking at all. He occasionally opens his eyes and smiles at us. Most of the family have come by to say there good byes or just to say I love you. My mom is devastated but is ready to let him go as we don’t want to see him suffer any more. I’m sort of numb , I’m trying to stay strong for mom, I have to make sure she is okay.

Take care my friends. I will be okay as will my family. I will stay in touch.

Kathy
  • zumbaforever
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Chris that is nuts. Almost a repeat of the first time. I tell Rocky all the time to not flush them things. Glad the guy could fix it. Hope it stays fixed longer.

Karen that sounds like lots of preparation for a trip. I sure am hoping you enjoy your trip. Because I love your photos. :D Bella will do fine. I think it will be a great opportunity for her to shine.

Kathy my heart is breaking for you, your mom and all your family. No time in our lives is as sad as losing a loved one. I am always grateful for the care hospice nurses give. I will say a prayer for you all.

I will take more pictures of the cabin and post them later this weekend.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHELLEY!! Hope you have a great day!
    Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    Shelley, yeah, we have to come up with a different plan.
    Karen, I agree, Bella will shine!
    Kathy, my heart breaks for you and your family. Shelley said it the best..."No time in our lives is as sad as losing a loved one." Hospice nurses are the very best. Don't know what we would do without them.
    Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    We did 2.75 miles in 61 mins this morning then I went to my trainer for 60 mins at noon.
    Chris
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,238 Member
    Options
    Happy belated birthday Shelley! Hope you had a wonderful day!
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Thanks Gals.....agree good opportunity for Bella to show her maturity.

We just got to Orlando ..waiting for baggage. Easy flight....I'm always restless before a morning flight, barely slept lol....who cares...on vacation!

Kathy - sending you and your family love and prayers. Can't imagine how hard it is...

We will spend 2.5 days with my MIL Helen...looking forward to spending time with her ;)

Karen
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Kathy,

For you.
    Paula
    89l6lfq4oc34.png

Original art & sentiment by Cienna Smith
  • cpanus
    Options
    We did 3.25 miles in 66 mins this morning.
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    I have been doing leg lifts for strength.

Paula
  • cpanus
    edited October 2022
    Options
    It was another crazy day yesterday...I made an appt w/Kaiser for two shots on Monday. I goofed and made it too soon in the day. We talked about taking Ronan with us, but I decided to change the time. I was offered a 4:00 appt originally and that was what I was trying to get. The Kaiser person I originally talked to seemed to have appts available all over the place. I called back the number she called me on. Got a guy...he couldn't find any open appts ANYWHERE!!! Not ANYWHERE!! He said he would send a message to my Doc. She called me back about 15 mins later and had ALL THESE APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE EVERYWHERE!!!! I was so confused. Anyway, I rescheduled for Monday at 4:00. :#
    We got our Covid booster and our flu shots yesterday. No arm problems yesterday but today they are so sore!! Left and Right. Don't know if I'll be able to do any arm exercises today... :D We'll just have to wait and see.
    Chris
    p.s. You guys all know how I really, really hate doctors...medical procedures...Kaiser stuff...right? EGADS!! I have to go again on Monday! :s:'(