Thursday weigh-in

PW 168.8
    CW 171.8
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    PW 150.8
    CW 151.2

Bye, bye green streak. It was a fun week filled with so much love, laughter, and food with family. I was so tired yesterday, I slept in until 6:40!!!! I am usually in the shower by 6. My weight might have been lower yesterday because Tuesday was a perfect day, but yesterday, I nachos and a cookie and our work potluck. Oh, well. It is my first day of fall break. It is cold and rainy. I might stay in bed all day!!! We want to watch the new Hocus Pocus movie.

@moonlitmuse I read strong curves years ago, but I don't have a barbell. A lot people really like him. I follow Brett on Instagram and love him.

@kali225 I am sorry that your job isn't what you expected.

@yinxfed I am sorry to hear about your friend. πŸ’•
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Username: Bowens1973
    PW: 188.2
    CW: 186.6
    Loss: 1.6
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,054 Member
    Options
    Good morning Waistaways 😊

My name is Cariad and I live in Wales, UK.
    I am married and I have 3 teenage boys.
    I work as a chef. Very difficult job while on a diet 😭

Can Friday be my weigh in day, please?
    Last week I weighed in at 230lbs πŸ˜±πŸ™ˆ

My plan is to just give it my best week after week. One week at the time.
    I have 100lbs to lose and it just seems overwhelming how much I have to lose 😞

Have a lovely Thursday everyone 😊
    Hi Cariad! It is great to have you here - and we want photos of Wales. You'll get plenty of QuΓ©bec snowshoeing ones from me, guaranteed :wink:

Being a chef while trying to lose weight and keep healthy must be a huge challenge. And 3 teenage boys - that sounds like another one! I had one boy, and one girl who was more challenging during those years, and we all survived. They are some wild years, though. Giving your best week after week is how to lose 100 pounds, and there will be weeks that don't go so well. Stick with it and get inspired by our members who have lost that much @ashleycarole86 and @Terytha (currently on support team). Make sure your plan is realistic - keep experimenting until you find the things that don't work and toss them out.
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm a little late! No change here unfortunately!
  • jugar
    Options
    @CupcakeCrusoe I am in awe of your pomegranate. I want to grow them. It is certainly too cold here, but I'm jealous all the same. Keep us updated so we can live through you. I devour pomegranates when they are in season. :yum:

@DD265 that book sounds really good. I think most of us love to eat, eat plenty, and fight the binges, so we can all learn from this way of thinking. Probably the most important thing I have settled on in maintenance (10 years this month!!) is that I can eat very large amounts if it is very high fibre and mostly vegetables. I can have treats, days of indulgence, and those kinds of things as long as they are followed by a perfect day to help keep them from spreading. They are self-contagious, for sure. My perfect days must include zero grains (but not low carb) to work well - and that also helps keep both the quantity and quality of food high for the day. Thanks for sharing the info from the book!

I have a full day of running around like a crazy person doing errands, then a walk with one friend and dinner with another, so I'll catch you later!
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Good morning Waistaways 😊

My name is Cariad and I live in Wales, UK.
    I am married and I have 3 teenage boys.
    I work as a chef. Very difficult job while on a diet 😭

Can Friday be my weigh in day, please?
    Last week I weighed in at 230lbs πŸ˜±πŸ™ˆ

My plan is to just give it my best week after week. One week at the time.
    I have 100lbs to lose and it just seems overwhelming how much I have to lose 😞

Have a lovely Thursday everyone 😊

Welcome Cariad, this is a great group! :)
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I have had 2 perfect days in a row! I feel really motivated and l hope this feeling doesn't go away! I decided to do the weekly challenge this week and it is definitely helpful to come on here everyday. I have also set my alarm for 8pm and made sure that I have tracked for the day. So far that is working 😊

Welcome @welsh_cariad!

Have a great trip @ashleycarole86! This may be a silly question, but is Thanksgiving in Canada similar to Thanksgiving in the U.S. where a large meal is eaten together with family/friends? Any special traditions?
  • jugar
    Options
    It was such a perfect day today! Gorgeous weather, the leaves are all in their brilliant colours, and I enjoyed two walks with two different friends. And plenty of talk - it felt great to catch up and just spend time together. I got my Pilates and practicing done first thing, got all the running around done including a physio appointment and a sorely-needed haircut. I'm starting to feel ready for my trip next week!

Must be almost Friday - the list of weigh-ins due is long :smiley: Love those Fridays. Here's the big list:
    @AshenMoon (special honorary Friday person this week)
    @PlaneMonkey
    @EvMakesChanges
    @conleywoods
    @micki48
    @LoraineGB
    @bobagurl2017
    @CupcakeCrusoe
    @Melissa0711
    @jane_76
    @welsh_cariad

Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    @lauren_989

You bet!! My husband's mom wants to keep things simple so we aren't cooking but she's ordered in the full turkey dinner.

My husband's siblings aren't going to be there which is the primary reason we are traveling so she won't be alone for the holiday, but it's normally a big family affair for sure.

Not as much dedicated football time here but hey we'll still be cheering for the Bills on Sunday;)

Glad you've been having such great days!!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning WaistAways!

PW: 179.8
    CW: 177.2

trend weight from macrofactor: 179.

It also thinks I'm gaining weight (I'm not) because of the weirdly very low weigh ins I was getting while I was sick. So hopefully that will resolve in a couple weeks.

It's too early to see if we get roots on the cuttings, but I am similarly excited, @jugar. Pomegranates are my favorite, and the wood and leaves smell so good, too. We have a couple fig trees, and they like similar climates, so I'm hoping this works.

Have a great day, everyone!
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    LoraineGB
    Friday
This discussion has been closed.