WaistAways Team Chat - OCTOBER 2022

Options

Replies

• DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 it's probably 'just' the stress you're under at work. I know it's easier said than done to stop it having an impact, but you're so strong, you've got this!

@jugar I'm sorry it's time to stop wearing your grandmother's dress. I'm sure you will be fabulous in the new one.

@Kali225 I would recommend the book I think. Admittedly I am still in step 1, but it's been easy to stick to and the book offers a lot of guidance for if it isn't easy to stick to, which I think will be useful in the later steps.
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Weigh-in:
    PW: 255.?
    CW: 258.3

My friend was visiting this weekend and we ate out for every meal. It was delicious, but it's just a lot of food and we couldn't outwalk the gain.

@jugar could I be put on support team until November weigh-ins begin? I still have many busy weekends ahead of me including a lot of travel and I just don't see myself shaking out of this mood until they are behind me. :/
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,054 Member
    Options
    Kali225 wrote: »
    @jugar could I be put on support team until November weigh-ins begin? I still have many busy weekends ahead of me including a lot of travel and I just don't see myself shaking out of this mood until they are behind me. :/

No problem - there are weeks like that! I'll pester you before the November challenge starts.
  • jugar
    Options
    Don't forget! weigh-ins due through Wednesday:

@Rachelw124
    @MoonlitMuse
    @JEB03253
    @AshenMoon
    @KellyBgetsFit

Thanks!
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Heya I guess maybe my post from last week didn't go through, my bad! It's been no change both last week and this week 😢 @jugar
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I am a person who.... has good intentions and then falls through in the moment.

I have an alarm set for every evening to do that workout I want to achieve (Caroline Girvan 20 minute dumbell) and things just don't seem to align for it to happen. It's a work in progress.... Maybe next week. ;) The goal is for this to be a habit by New Years, right? It's only been a couple of days, I have to give myself a chance to make it happen before I quit!

@ashleycarole86 crying can be cathartic and help release all the negativity. I'm glad @bowens1973 was able to help you perk back up. I hope the job gets easier. You spend more of your waking hours at work than you do at home in a week so it's really rough on the sanity when that much time is spent unhappy.

@Kali225 I hear you on the social food commitments! This friday I'm going to a retirement lunch and then will likely be eating dinner on the road afterwards so I will have to find lots of extra rocks to carry around this weekend to compensate. Shouldn't be too hard, there's plenty to trip on over here.

A box of halloween candy has already been consumed in our house... there are no kids in this neighbourhood so no reason to buy more! I will do my best to stand firm. Hubby is the candy monster in the family so I'm usually able to resist while I'm shopping, but he occasionally comes along to the store and thats when the treats start to sneak into the cart.... We all know that once the temptation is in the house, it's harder to resist!
  • jugar
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey you are so right about the temptations making it into the house - from that time on, it is game over. I bought a big bag of peanut M&Ms yesterday to leave for the boys to eat while I'm gone... yeah, right. Luckily, I stopped myself while there was still enough to leave that does not look like a token amount. But man, I sure don't want any more of them today! Then I'll be off to the airport later, and will hopefully not get into any overpriced goodies there.

I think we can all do better at being the person who does not buy the things we know we should not eat - but that is a really tough one. Timing, a tight list, and a firm mantra of NO, NO, NO - usually it works, but then sometimes it all evaporates. We can get there!!

I'll probably have time for a quick check in later - all packed, and now I have time for a nice walk in the woods before leaving.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 So sorry work has been so hectic and stressful. Maybe it's time for a job search? Maybe you can ask for less responsibility or a role change at work? I gave up a job role as the lead therapist about 4 years ago. It was hard to do and a lot of co workers gave me a hard time about it during the process. It was one of the best career decisions I have ever made! Sometimes having other options but deciding not to take them can give you a sense of control and that you are not stuck. Sometimes we put on a brave face at work and no one even knows we're struggling. It never hurts to ask and you might just get exactly what you want. Sounds like work obviously values and trusts your abilities.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    @jugar have a safe flight and a great trip!
This discussion has been closed.