WaistAways Team Chat - OCTOBER 2022

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,054 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing well! I just had a ridiculously expensive salad and beer in the airport (got here early and had no delays!) And now waiting...

Time for an update!
    @bowens1973
    @ashleycarole86
    @eggfreak
    all due Thursday.

All previous remaining folks too -
    @Rachelw124
    @MoonlitMuse
    @JEB03253

Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods Oh my - jury duty! Sort of intrigued but I hope for your sake you don't have that to deal with. You're right that I may need to think about options for work. I think given the change is still so new and that I've been with this company for so long and knowing my personality that I'm going to have to give it a bit more time before I know. It's a big learning curve and it's uncomfortable and for now it just feels terrible, but I will either rise to the occasion or sink.. I don't know which it will be yet. My boss is supportive and understanding, but we're all in the same boat. I have a lot of feelings around the topic and I tend to just spin and ruminate - not fun for anyone that has to listen to me (including you lovely folks!) I think I may likely need to seek some counselling on this issue (not just work - but some of the items I know are holding me back that I can't seem to resolve.)

@micki48 I've heard a few people say the barcode shut down for them.. interestingly I don't have premium and I used it just this evening. Makes me think I'm in some glitch and it's only a matter of time as I do recall that was changing but I seem to be unchanged (for now!)

@jugar You're probably high in the skies right now! Safe travels to France. What exciting times. Nerves are always a staple for me for travel and this is a big trip for you. So many awesome memories to be made. Can't wait to hear all about your adventures.

@eggfreak That veggie picture looks insanely delicious. I have been craving lots of fresh fruit and veg the last few days and that is just a feast for the eyes!

@PlaneMonkey Speaking of candy monster husbands, I had a lovely husband place a delicious Reese Big Cup in front of me tonight. I had calories left and indulged, but he's definitely the sweet tooth influence in the house! We haven't actually bought Halloween candy yet. I will say that I still have Easter candy so I sort of have hope I can keep it around.. we haven't given out candy in a while but I think we'll be around this year to do so. We live in a kid filled neighborhood so I bet we'll overbuy!

Great losses @lauren_989 and @KellyBgetsfit
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 @micki48 , I was hopeful that maybe MFP had lost so many people due to barcode scan that they'd reinstated with the free version but no, although the option is right there, when clicked on, I'm invited to join for $20/month. No thank you.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 171.8
    CW 168.8
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 @micki48 @eggfreak I think the removal of the barcode scanning might be geographically linked. I let my premium expire and I'm still able to use the barcode scanner. So US customers seem to be blocked but Canadians still have full access. How about people in the UK? any non-premium members able to weigh in? 😉

Also, when did the price for premium get so high? I signed up 2 years ago for $60 annually and now it's more than double?!? The only ads I see in the app are ads to get me to go premium... But since I haven't lost functionality (let's be honest, I haven't tracked a full day of eating in months) I don't see the need. If they change the features I have access to like the US customers then I'd consider it... Maybe. But probably not. That price tag would be more appreciated being put towards kettlebells or new skates.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    PW 232.4
    CW 231.0

@jugar I would like to be a Thursday person now. I know you are busy traveling so I will remind you next week too.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @bobagurl2017 So sorry to hear it didn't work out. Even harder to still have feelings and to get that message 😢 That is really tough to hear. Hugs to you and take care of yourself. Broken hearts are the worst💔
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    @jugar I know you're traveling but if I can be excused from this week's weigh-in, I'd really appreciate it. TOM has snuck up on me 😩
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @bobagurl2017 I feel for you. So hard. Thank you for sharing.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 @micki48 @eggfreak @PlaneMonkey barcode scanning still works for me in the UK
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry @bobagurl2017, even if we know it's the way things have to be, the heartache isn't any less.
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    @jugar please may I be excused this week, I am on a road trip vacation with my mum and forgot to pack scales.

Hope you are enjoying France ☺️
This discussion has been closed.