WeightNoMore Team Chat - OCTOBER 2022

jugar
jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
edited October 2022 in Social Groups
0jhwx14cfvdi.png
Here is your Team chat room for October 2022. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

We have five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and open

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @fatfifties
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28 & @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The October challenge runs from October 2nd - 29th. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Every challenger weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat thread. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for longer. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• gem_t_86
    gem_t_86 Posts: 40 Member
    Good morning everyone and happy October! The less said about my eating over the past few days the better... but I'm here and recommitting again.
  • Hello Everyone! So excited I was part of this group in 2020 and lost 40lbs but unfortunately I've gained some back. But I'm ready not only physically but mentally and I think that's what stopped me before. I've changed my mindset.

Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 250lbs
    CW: 229.2lbs
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    The October Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sun, Oct 2nd. I hope you'll join us each day this week for Daily Journaling. It's something creative and a little different. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10874984/october-week-1-group-challenge-daily-journal-prompts#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :smiley:
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Happy October everyone! This is my favorite time of year.

My goal for the October challenge is to lose at least 4 lbs, averaging about a pound per week. So far I have lost 51.5 lbs, since January, and have another 38.5 lbs to lose. My rate of loss has slowed recently, as I expected that it probably would, and I'm fine with that. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

I'm looking forward to another challenging month and wishing you all nothing but success!
    4fqt7j3z9l6x.jpg
  • abp1025
    abp1025 Posts: 195 Member
    Good Evening Everyone,

I am so excited to be part of this group. I love the fall colors and going to the pumpkin patch to get pumpkins to carve.

I am using this month to change my lifestyle and lose the weight that i have put on over the past couple of years. I figure if I give it the effort, by tracking my food intake and starting to exercise 3 or 4 days a week, the pounds will start coming off quickly initially. Therefore, my goal for October will be 8-9 pounds. I am going to try 12-14 hour intermittent fasting, with no food after 7 pm. We'll see how it works. I am also going to increase the amount of water that I drink.

• melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,306 Member
    Good morning WNM! Welcome to all the new ladies & gents!
    I'm Melanie and I'm from Kansas. I’m the other team Co-captain. Truly, Ashley does most of the heavy lifting.
    My (short version) story
    I was always was skinny (no, not thin, skinny, all knees and elbows). At 18, I weighed between 110 and 120 at 5"6'. Maybe. I got happy. Then I got fat. I found myself weighing in about 230 and my six sixteens were too small. I bought a couple pairs of 18 pants from the thrift store and joined MFP.
    I lost ~70 pounds in about a year and was pretty pleased. But I wanted another 20 off...and it didn't move. And things got a bit crazy with my husband's family so I decided to maintain for a bit. Instead of maintaining, I gained back most of the weight. So...now I'm here and working on losing 60 pounds (40 of the 50 I 'found' and the 20 I never lost).
    My special snowflake challenges
    I'm fairly significantly asthmatic (on meds all the time), have terrible allergies and connective tissue issues (not enough collagen, too stretchy, lots of joint slippage).
    August 2020, I acquired some vertigo problems (or, maybe they just got worse). After adding some meds, adjusting my diet a bit, and stopping coffee (so sad), I’ve got it mostly under control, with only intermittent episodes. Needless to say, if I'm dizzy, I'm not walking or doing anything else. Positive: since my neurologist recommended I take 500 mg of ginger every day, I have not had a significant dizzy spell—no extended can’t stand up, no puking…only a couple 30 seconds-2-3 minute dizzy that passes.
    The point behind saying this is not woe-is-me, it is that a lot of exercise people promote is bad (anything high impact), and sometimes dangerous, for me. Sometimes people get down on themselves because they don't do the stuff everyone talks about: HIIT, Insanity, stair steppers, etc. I not only don't do those things, I shouldn't. But I should exercise.
    I want to get about 30 minutes of walking a day at least during the week and because I have to walk to and from my car for work and all around the building to get to anyone I need to see or the ladies’, I usually get 15-20 by default. I try to get a walk in otherwise but frequently fail. Weekends are a mixed bag. Recently...not even mixed. It's been pretty consistent -- nothing.
    Daily goals:
    • Walk at least 30 minutes a day. (I plan to start participating in the step challenge again)
    • Do some core exercises, joint support stuff a couple times at least a week.
    • 80 oz of water or non-alcoholic liquid a day, mostly water.
    • Cut down on sugar and junk food. (I'll do better and then I dive into M&M's).
    I want to congratulate all our losers for Sept! Small losses add up. Don’t get discouraged if you ‘only’ lose half a pound or pound. I am super proud of all of you! 😊 And several of you have maintained, which is terrific, too. Not seeing losses (like me), the scale going in the opposite direction or not seeing the losses you want can be disheartening. Don’t give up! Think of all the things you have accomplished in your life (I bet there are many(…you can do anything you put your mind to!
    Welcome to the team newbies! Looking forward to getting to know you all! I'll try to friend you all but I've been rather garbage lately.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    Happy New Month, Everybody! So happy to see all the new faces in the chat (and the old ones too, not that I'm calling anyone old, I swear)!

I am minstrelofsarcasm, also known as Minstrel, also known as Ashley, also known as "that sweaty girl in the corner"... I am one of the co-captains along with the ever-marvelous @melaniedscott. My role here is to provide some real talk, some good motivation, and a few too many jokes about stress eating for anyone's comfort levels.

The Basics:

I am 27 and currently living in Ohio. I work as a combustion engineer for an industrial manufacturing company (I set things on fire for money). I am fascinated by all facets of science, whether that be nuclear physics, nutrition, geology (I hear it rocks), chemistry, etc. Feel free to ask any of your questions when it comes to the science of things. I can't guarantee I'll know the answer, but I can definitely figure it out and provide an answer in a way that's (hopefully) understandable.

Why I am Here:

I love numbers, and when I discovered that I could get healthier (as my doctor told me I absolutely had to do) by keeping track of numbers, I signed up for MFP. My original weight was 8lbs 2oz, and while I don't think I'll ever make it quite that low ever again, my goal is to never be above my highest weight of 234 (September 2014).

Despite having joined this wonderful community, I didn't take my weight loss or my health seriously until after I graduated college in May 2017 and was told by a different doctor that my eating and (lack of) exercise habits put me on the road to diabetes. I'll admit, I was terrified. I grew up with a diabetic parent who took no actions towards improving their health to reduce their dependence on insulin and is now facing some very serious health complications. I didn't want that to happen to me - I wouldn't want to put anyone through having to worry about me in the same way I worried about them.

So I searched "gym" on Google Maps, and signed up for a free class with the first place that popped up in the results, a spin studio. Since July 1st, 2017, I have completed over 1,040 spin classes. There was some… drama at the spin studio, so I no longer have a membership, but will drop in from time to time.

In other news, I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in December 2019 after an arduous journey from doctor to doctor, through several misdiagnoses (why is it that the first thing a doctor will suggest is anxiety if you're female and show emotion in the doctor's office?), 14 vials of blood drawn for blood tests, 3 weeks of being unable to consistently feel the left side of my body, 2 MRIs, 1 spinal tap, and a partridge in a pear tree. I could go into a long rant about everything, and I have, but there's no need to fill my introduction with things I've written time and time again (I'll post a link to my blog, for those of you interested in my madness).

In Summary:

Since joining MFP, I have lost over 70 lbs, regained about 15 while on a three-month business trip in France (wine and cheese is my weakness), lost 5 of them, gained 5 of them, maintained throughout 2020, yo-yo'ed for the first few months of 2021, and here I stand (sit) around 170 lbs, over 60 lbs lost. I don't have a goal weight anymore, since BMI was developed by a mathematician and not a doctor, and as long as I feel healthy, I can weigh whatever I want (somewhere in the 150's sounds pretty good right now, but I guess we'll see).

As for exercising, I have recently joined a new gym. Between spending time with my friend (who has a personal training certification, and who I guess is now my personal trainer) and dropping in on spin classes and all the amenities my new gym has to offer, I am hoping to get back on track. Previously, I have had memberships with CycleBar, OrangeTheory, and F45 - By no means am I an expert on fitness classes, but I know a thing or two.

If you want to know more about me, or my journey, feel free to ask questions, or you can find my blog here: LINK

Blog posts I’m especially proud of:
    • Creating a Sense of Accountability - This is my first blog post ever, and I’ve grown a lot since then, but so many of the same factors are still present in my life
    • More Work to Do - Here’s a confession of some recent unhealthy thoughts I’ve had regarding my health journey, and some of my thoughts may sound similar to ones you’ve had towards yourself
    • BMI is BS - I essentially wrote a history lesson on BMI and why you shouldn’t base your self worth on it. Most likely, your BMI is misrepresenting you.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you even more as we work our way through the month.

• minstrelofsarcasm
    n1bx52w74edw.png

1wz4027px4gp.png
    za0jtqih8xhw.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    tfcnz2qih7zb.png

By Pounds
    jcb23uvdznyf.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    mc2d4i9ff6xy.png

By Pounds
    ukb9f0wmewjf.png
    oi96vrm0yjwz.png

Team Winners
    0i2wo3grpd6k.png

• minstrelofsarcasm
    n1bx52w74edw.png

i7i27rv3vasy.png
    tspps1z013dn.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    ek8zgr14qpad.png

By Pounds
    3qvnxorasahs.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    puee43o8tlpt.png

By Pounds
    6n12xrctniwd.png
    6cq9ok6auls9.png
    iw6lf3nt6x4t.png

Team Winners
    w5o9ldwobz7w.png

• ssssseika
    ssssseika Posts: 112 Member
    Hi, everyone!
    I am so happy to be a part of this team!
    My name is Seika, and I live in Japan.
    I believe this is my 3rd time joining the F2F, and the first time was in 2017.
    My goal is to hit 156.5 pounds.
  • SarahJoyManea
    SarahJoyManea Posts: 34 Member
    Hi All,

Welcome to OCTOBER!

Here is the first update for October, I must try hard this month to get closer to my total weight loss goal!

Starting Date: 24/07/2022
    Starting Weight: 201 lbs

Previous Weight: 184.1 lbs

Current Date: 30/09/2022 (Friday)
    Current Weight: 186.4lbs (up 2.3lbs)

Lost to date: 14.6 lbs
    Days so far: 71 days

So, this looks like a bad week - but really it means that I have
    retained about 3.5lbs of my last week’s losses - So I am actually really happy
    with that!

Steps so far this week are;

10,373 - Sunday 25th
    30,334 - Monday 26th
    22,014 - Tuesday 27th
    20,895 - Wednesday 28th
    16,462 - Thursday 29th
    20,112 - Friday 30th
    13,534 - Saturday 1st

My goals for this month are;

❤️ - 5 fruits or vegetables consumer per day

🧡 - Target loss of 25lbs

💛 - Post atleast one blog post a week - to keep myself in check!

💚 - Keep under 2000 calories consumed per day

💙 - Steps of 20k weekdays and 10k weekends

Keep going everyone - I'm just so pleased I’ve stuck to it this long again! over 70 days!

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Current Date: 30/09/2022 (Friday)

@SarahJoyManea -

Hey! I've been noticing all of your updates have been for the Friday of the previous week, and not posted on Friday. Do you want to move your weigh day to a different day, so you can provide a more current weight? Or would you be able to post your Friday weights ON Friday? Let me know what works best for you!
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm - Sorry I missed the weigh in last week. Life has been a bit crazy. Can I move to the support team for the month of Oct?
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    edited October 2022
    @minstrelofsarcasm - Sorry I missed the weigh in last week. Life has been a bit crazy. Can I move to the support team for the month of Oct?

You got it! Do you want to come back to the weight loss team for November?
  • 9Harvey
    9Harvey Posts: 105 Member
    October 2nd

Weigh In Day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: September 25th - 226.8
    Current Weight: October 2nd - 226.8
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    MotylekOkruchy
    steps:
    Sunday: 10673
    Monday: 11511
    Tuesday: 12009
    Wednesday: 11441
    Thursday: 11828
    Friday: 7419
    Saturday: 10016

TOTAL: 74,897

Aiming for average of 11K per day (or more).
    This week was not bad - except for Friday.
  • bumpbreakcar
    bumpbreakcar Posts: 191 Member
    Hello team!

October Goals

🍁 stay consistent with workout plan
    🍁 track all food
    🍁 increase my water intake by using this water bottle I brought but barely use lol
    🍁 work on my mindset

Hopefully by implementing these things I can get down 5lbs this Month
  • shnkrnrynn
    shnkrnrynn Posts: 85 Member
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 209
    CW (Current Weight): 207

Steps September 26- October 02
    September 26- 11238
    September 27 - 2962
    September 28 - 9968
    September 29- 6384
    September 30 - 6263
    October 1 - 6587
    October 2 - 8442

kmv9ro6o13de.png
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member

You got it! Do you want to come back to the weight loss team for November?

I do want to come back for November!
This discussion has been closed.