WeightNoMore Team Chat - OCTOBER 2022

Replies

• SarahJoyManea
    SarahJoyManea Posts: 34 Member
    ~ Step Challenge ~
    How many steps do we think we can conquer as a team in October?

I think the number 2,000,000 would look very pretty.
    I don't think we ever reached that number - maybe it's time to try?

Yes - I like that number too! Let's push it even more for 2mil in October! :smile:

I'll try and up mine to over 500k for October! Let's do this team!

@MotylekOkruchy
    @ljdanny
    @shnkrnrynn
    @GinLee61
    @pacsnc6

@anyone else who wants to join in too!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    Oh my goodness, I'm loving all the hype to hit 2 million steps in October. If I get better about actually charging my fitness tracker (whoops!), I'll pop in to join all of you in the step challenge. I expect to get quite a few steps in the coming week.

Speaking of which...

I am going to be on a business trip next week. @melaniedscott and my lovely moderator friends have you covered, and I'll be around whenever I have some free time. So, nothing will change too much, beyond my request that all of you be a bit more patient when it comes to responses to questions and whatnot.
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    ~ Step Challenge ~

Yes - I like that number too! Let's push it even more for 2mil in October! :smile:

Then I'll try to get to 400k for October.

Team: Pick a number, any number! :)
  • cedarfoxy
    cedarfoxy Posts: 68 Member
    I'm going to try for 310,000 for an average of 10k per day (or the equivalent if we are only counting the four weeks). I started out slow this month:
    S 10/1 - 7057
    U 10/2 - 6459
    M 10/3 - 6903
    T 10/4 - 8150
    W 10/5 - 7880
    A decent start, but 13,551 steps to make up! I can totally do it. I'll just be more consistent about walking to work twice a week. :) And it's only an extra 521 steps per day. I got this.

Yay steppers!!
  • shnkrnrynn
    shnkrnrynn Posts: 85 Member
    I commit to 3 half a marathon walks
    ~ Step Challenge ~

Ooooh 2 million would certainly be an awesome try, sure I will commit to 300k

• shnkrnrynn
    shnkrnrynn Posts: 85 Member
    In other news, I joined a gym as its getting colder outside and soon there will be snow. Going to be interesting!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    I forgot to weight in this morning so I will do it tomorrow. I'm all thrown off on what day it is after having Tuesday off. This week my steps are not looking that good. So far I have only reached 10,000 once, I think I might get there today. Some weeks are better than others.
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,187 Member
    ~ Step Challenge ~

I will aim for 225,000 in October.
  • SarahJoyManea
    SarahJoyManea Posts: 34 Member
    @SarahJoyManea

Second update for October!

Starting Date: 24/07/2022
    Starting Weight: 201 lbs

Previous Weight: 186.4 lbs

Current Date: 07/10/2022 (Friday)
    Current Weight: 185.7lbs (down 0.7lbs)

Lost to date: 15.3 lbs
    Days so far: 75 days

A little loss this week - and aiming to be on track for a big loss next week! 💪🥳

Post again on Monday with steps!

Keep at it everyone! 👣🚶🏼‍♀️

8rl58g9fdsga.png

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,187 Member
    GinLee61

Weigh in day: Friday (10/7)
    PW: 178.5
    CW 178.8 (sigh)
  • abp1025
    abp1025 Posts: 195 Member
    I forgot to post, I am Friday Weigh-in
  • colemanmelissa
    colemanmelissa Posts: 46 Member
    edited October 2022
    melissacoleman430
    Original sw: 259
    sw: 235.0
    Weigh in day Monday

• MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    MotylekOkruchy
    Fridays

PW: 139.5
    CW: 140.5

Sorry team! I'll try to control myself better!
    I had apples that were too sour to eat fresh but didn't want to throw them away.
    I made an apple pie.
    Yes, it turned out delicious.
    No, I could not stop myself.
    Yes, it is all gone.
    No, there are no more apples left.
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Rachelrjh

Weigh in Friday
    PW: 151
    CW: 151

“ Move your body. Exercise reduces stress and anxiety and boosts your self-confidence and happiness. “
    That’s a better reason to exercise than losing weight for sure.
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    edited October 2022
    Hi everyone. I see there are several new members. Welcome. I’m Rachel, the group motivator. I like to post weekly motivational quotes. I may start posting them biweekly if they help. I’m not able to post images anymore with his App. I’m not sure why, but it may have to do with me not being a paid member or it could be that I access it with my phone. Anyways I will be sticking to words only.

I joined the group in January 2021. I like the motivation by members and the accountability of checking in. My weight has fluctuated from 130 pounds in my teens to 145 to 160in my 20’s . Then in my 30’s, I saw 160 to 125, and when Covid hit I got all the way up to 198 pounds by December 2020. I was 39 years old. Since joining I got down to 135 pounds. I gained some back and I’m at a good weight of 151 pounds and I’m about to turn 41. At a height of 5’5”, I’m fine with that weight, but I do have a tendency to eat a lot of junk food and sweets. If I’m not careful I know my weight will creep back up.
    I used to think that losing weight and looking great would be the magic elixir to happiness. That was a lie I told myself. Losing weight won’t bring me happiness in and of itself, but maintaining a healthy weight and not putting on extra weight is important for my overall well being. I notice that when I eat bad and put on weight I beat myself up over it. My goal for October is to exercise at least three times a week at this new gym I joined starting Monday and to lose a couple of pounds. Good luck everyone!

“It's more about your mental strength than physical strength. You have to push yourself. It doesn't matter what trainer you have. And it doesn't matter what program you're on. You have to be healthy and make the right choices.”
    -Beyonce Knowles

• abp1025
    abp1025 Posts: 195 Member
    I want to be part of the step team. Do I count steps for this week from Oct 2 to Oct 8 and then Oct 9 to 15, etc...?
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    abp1025 wrote: »
    I want to be part of the step team. Do I count steps for this week from Oct 2 to Oct 8 and then Oct 9 to 15, etc...?

Yep! Sunday - Saturday counts work perfect. Just make sure to get your step counts in before the following Wednesday (noon EST or so) to be sure they're included.
  • cedarfoxy
    cedarfoxy Posts: 68 Member
    Username: cedarfoxy
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 189.1 10/1
    CW (Current Weight): 184.4 10/8
This discussion has been closed.