CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 572 Member
    Username: CassieGetsFit2013
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 232.2
    CW (Current Weight): 232.0
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Hey fellow steppers.

Have any of you ever noticed that your fitness band tracks more steps when you wear it on one arm vs the other? I normally always wear mine on my left wrist but the skin there felt a little irritated Sunday morning so I wore it on my right wrist. I've worn it there for 2 days now and it looks like I'm tracking somewhere around 2K more steps a day than when I wore it on the other wrist. Is this a common observation? Seems weird to me.
  • SarahJoyManea
    SarahJoyManea Posts: 34 Member
    Current Date: 30/09/2022 (Friday)

@SarahJoyManea -

Hey! I've been noticing all of your updates have been for the Friday of the previous week, and not posted on Friday. Do you want to move your weigh day to a different day, so you can provide a more current weight? Or would you be able to post your Friday weights ON Friday? Let me know what works best for you!

Yeah - I will try and post them on Friday - the only problem is I don't like to weigh in after the weekend, and I can't always get to the PC on the Friday to post. But I'll try if it makes a difference. Thanks 👍🏼
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    GinLee61 wrote: »
    Hey fellow steppers.

Have any of you ever noticed that your fitness band tracks more steps when you wear it on one arm vs the other? I normally always wear mine on my left wrist but the skin there felt a little irritated Sunday morning so I wore it on my right wrist. I've worn it there for 2 days now and it looks like I'm tracking somewhere around 2K more steps a day than when I wore it on the other wrist. Is this a common observation? Seems weird to me.

I have found the one arm moves around more and the band counts the moves. For instance if you are carrying something in one hand that arm doesn't swing as much as the free arm, or are you holding the railing while climbing stairs? I have also found I can add steps just by swinging the arm with the band. It doesn't "know" what kind of moves you are doing!
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,189 Member
    pacsnc6 wrote: »

I have found the one arm moves around more and the band counts the moves. For instance if you are carrying something in one hand that arm doesn't swing as much as the free arm, or are you holding the railing while climbing stairs? I have also found I can add steps just by swinging the arm with the band. It doesn't "know" what kind of moves you are doing!

You definitely could be right. I think I tend carry things in my left hand more than my right, but I could otherwise be swinging my right arm more than the left one and I don't realize that I'm doing it.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    gem_t_86 wrote: »
    Please can someone let me know how I record my steps? Do I update these when I do my weekly weigh in?

Thank you!

Hi! You can post your step totals here, either as daily counts (Sun - Sat) or your total steps over that time period (for example, joining this week means posting your steps from September 25th - October 1st).

Steps should be posted before Wednesday at noon EST, which is when I start compiling all the numbers. Since you weigh in on Mondays, posting your steps with your weigh in works perfect!

• gem_t_86
    gem_t_86 Posts: 40 Member
    gem_t_86 wrote: »
    Please can someone let me know how I record my steps? Do I update these when I do my weekly weigh in?

Thank you!

Hi! You can post your step totals here, either as daily counts (Sun - Sat) or your total steps over that time period (for example, joining this week means posting your steps from September 25th - October 1st).

Steps should be posted before Wednesday at noon EST, which is when I start compiling all the numbers. Since you weigh in on Mondays, posting your steps with your weigh in works perfect!

Thank you!

My steps for this week (which are awful) are as follows:

- 1 Oct - 2036
    - 2 Oct - 6605
    - 3 Oct - 4913
    - 4 Oct (so far) - 2145 (realistically it's not going to increase by much!).

Feeling really frustrated at myself today, being honest I am about 2k calories above my daily goal :disappointed:. I'll start fresh tomorrow, but argh. It's been a really bad day and I went to food to deal with it which is generally a terrible plan.
  • kicomataj1
    kicomataj1 Posts: 5 Member
    Sorry should’ve weighed in Saturday:

Username: Kicomataj1
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 204.2
    CW (Current Weight): 207.7

Gained some weight back, feeling nervous for my half marathon 😔
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    You have I hope, a new member joining you! Please welcome @sutahlongbranch - they will be along shortly to let you know their weigh-in day, starting weight, etc. Thanks!
  • shnkrnrynn
    shnkrnrynn Posts: 85 Member
    GinLee61 wrote: »
    Hey fellow steppers.

Whenever gps is on, like tracking running or hiking step counts are accurate. When its tracking itself, like walking inside office on any day its not so accurate
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    edited October 2022
    ~ Step Challenge Results ~
    SEPTEMBER WEEK FOUR

Team Statistics -
    Steppers: 5
    Total Steps: 380,757
    Average Steps Per Stepper: 76,151

The Leaderboard -

@SarahJoyManea - 133,724 total | 19,103 average - Most Steps in One Day!!
    @MotylekOkruchy - 75,897 total | 10,842 average - Most Consistent!!
    @ljdanny - 71,355 total | 10,194 average
    @shnkrnrynn - 51,844 total | 7,406 average
    @GinLee61 - 47,937 total | 6,848 average

MONTH OF SEPTEMBER

Team Statistics -
    Steppers: 6
    Total Steps: 1,622,138
    Average Steps Per Stepper: 270,356

The Leaderboard -

@SarahJoyManea - 483,498 total
    @MotylekOkruchy - 314,535 total
    @ljdanny - 299,719 total
    @shnkrnrynn - 240,850 total
    @GinLee61 - 198,324 total - Most Consistent Week to Week!!
    @pacsnc6 - 85,212 total

Way to go, team! Hitting over 1.6 million steps as a group is IMPRESSIVE - my calves hurt from just thinking about it. How many steps do we think we can conquer as a team in October?
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    ~ Step Challenge ~
    How many steps do we think we can conquer as a team in October?

I think the number 2,000,000 would look very pretty.
    I don't think we ever reached that number - maybe it's time to try?
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    Hello Team WNM! You have a late arrival, ready to hit the ground running, I hope! Welcome @cedarfoxy :smiley: Since you did not post your preferred weigh-in day on the sign up, please do so as soon as possible right here. Also, if you happen to know what your weight was on that day last week, that would be great to use as your starting weight.

If you have any questions, your Captains @melaniedscott and @minstrelofsarcasm will be right here to help you out. Have a great October!
  • worldtrav89
    worldtrav89 Posts: 30 Member
    Weigh in 10.5.2022
    Weigh in day: Wednesday

Pw: 216.6
    Cw: 222.2
This discussion has been closed.