WaistAways Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    CW 193.8

Thank you Hockey for sweating me back down into my maintenance range!

(no turkey here... Who's got leftovers?)
    😉

@conleywoods that's got to be so tough to balance those situations at work without letting it weigh on you mentally and emotionally in the other aspects of your life. Hugs.

@KellyBgetsfit hugs going your way too. I hope date night Saturday gives you a chance to relax.

@lauren_989 good job with the turkey trot! Great photo

@ashleycarole86 and @bowens1973 glad your team won! Did you take Friday off as well to 'recover' from the turkey coma?
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,571 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    PW: 189.2
    CW: 189.6

Yesterday was Thanksgiving, so mentally, I did not want to step on the scale to see where I was at. However, even though the number is up, it was not that bad! I’ll take the 0.4 increase and hope that by next weigh-in, it’ll be just bloat/sodium.

I hit my goal of waking up at 5am and working out before work this week. I am so glad I set that up because I worked until 7-8 pm every night and I was so tired by that time, there was no way I would have then wanted to work out if I hadn’t already in the morning. I am going to continue that habit into next week as well.

I’ve taken a look at my passive calories on my Apple Watch and have reset my calorie goal, so I think it will be more attainable for me to achieve now. I think I had it way too low before. We’ll give this a try for a couple of weeks!

Today, I need a rest day after all the exercise last week. I’ll take the pup on a nice long walk with my husband, and probably do some cleaning and meal planning for next week.

In two weeks we’ll be at a wedding, and I also have two work holiday dinners coming up in that same amount of time. I’d like to see myself staying within 1lb. of where I started (188) so fingers crossed.

11/18 - 11/24
    Goal: 250 minutes exercise
    Actual: 373 exercise minutes
    Move goal is 500 calories
    Stand goal is 10 hours

Friday: 19 exercise minutes
    19 minutes walking outside
    Missed stand goal
    427 active calories burned

Saturday: 107 exercise minutes
    64 minutes lower body workout with weights
    43 minutes walking outside
    Exceeded stand goal
    996 active calories burned

Sunday: 56 exercise minutes
    56 minutes yoga
    Exceeded stand goal
    382 active calories burned

Monday: 89 exercise minutes
    40 minute full body workout with weights
    49 minutes walking outside
    Hit stand goal
    726 active calories burned

Tuesday: 60 exercise minutes
    45 minute lower body workout with weights
    15 minutes walking outside
    660 active calories burned
    Hit stand goal

Wednesday: 78 exercise minutes
    51 minutes upper body workout with weights
    27 minutes walking outside
    742 active calories burned
    Exceeded stand goal

Thursday: 45 exercise minutes
    32 minutes full body without with weights
    60 minutes walking outside (watch only counted 13 minutes as exercise)
    Hit stand goal
    596 active calories burned
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I am having an amnesty week as we are back in LV with friends and in a hotel so no scale. Whilst it’s been a full on holiday frenzy I have (so far) kept my fasting hours.

Have a great weekend all!
  • DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Username: DianaGetsFit512

PW: 222
    CW: 221.8

Was very scared about this weigh in being the day after thanksgiving, but I was pleasantly surprised. Although i must confess I weighed in with normal clothes and it originally read 224 then i took off a few pieces as I normally weigh in pjs and it dropped back down lol
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    Although i must confess I weighed in with normal clothes and it originally read 224 then i took off a few pieces as I normally weigh in pjs and it dropped back down lol
    Well, boxers do it, so I think you are absolutely within your rights to strip as much as you need to!
    mijemq4x5otd.png

• jugar
    Options
    It is very quiet today!

Here are all the week's weigh-ins due by Saturday night, thanks!

@BeeHapppy101
    @JEB03253
    @EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @CupcakeCrusoe
    @bobagurl2017
    @kellie_erin

Thanks!
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    CW: 192.8

I've been sick all week with a pretty nasty cold/flu thing so I haven't gotten any exercise in. I'll need a pass for next weekend as I'm out of town
  • jugar
    Options
    No problem @kellie_erin - I hope you are feeling a bit better. So many people are having this kind of bug lately. Try to rest as much as you can :heart:
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I got trapped without a scale for thanksgiving, and weighing right now wouldn't give me decent data @jugar, so sorry. :neutral: I'll be back on this week!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    The November Week 5 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, November 27th! Join us as we spend a little time taking care of ourselves with Self-Care Bingo and prepare for a fun holiday season (which usually contains a little stress). Enjoy!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10878493/november-week-5-group-challenge-self-care-for-holiday-stress#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :blush:
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    423w3erf4py1.png

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey Brad and I were both back to work Friday. In fact, I worked Thursday too and just got to come home to the feast! It was a lovely day. We are almost done all the turkey leftovers. We're not sure if we're cooking a turkey at home for Christmas or doing something else, so it was nice to have the meal in case we don't!

@kellie_erin Feel better soon.. does seem like many are down and out!

My friend Lauren who lives pretty close to me goes to this gym called Oranj in Airdrie which is a class only style of gym. She took me on a buddy pass this morning and we did a 60 minute yoga class. It was a flow class and fairly hard work... I definitely left feeling stretched out, and a bit sore (but in a good way!) I certainly don't intend to be joining any gym full time as we have a great setup at home and I'm already short on time, but any time you can combine friends and fitness is a win in my books.

After that, Brad and I went for lunch at a delicious restaurant here in town called Flavours of Montreal. The food is amazing but the portion sizes are huge. We then got our Christmas tree and got it in the stand but that's as far as Christmas setup has gone so far. Brad is on the bike now and I took the dog for a walk. Tonight we have dinner with friends so we can't get too far into things.

Exercise catch-up:

Nov 20 - 8404 steps + 46 minutes Peloton
    Nov 21 - 6920 steps + 62 minutes Peloton
    Nov 22 - 8340 steps + 31 minutes Peloton
    Nov 23 - 7819 steps
    Nov 24 - 4847 steps
    Nov 25 - 4157 steps
  • jugar
    Options
    Time to wrap up this week! It has flown by.

I had a completely dull and rather free of exercise kind of day today. I had the plans, but then got into moving a bookcase, doing some cleaning, and spending a lot of time just sitting around. I'll bike my way through something later, but it has certainly been a quiet one! I hope everyone is feeling OK and ready for a stellar week 5.

There are quite a few weigh-ins still unreported - please get these in by early Sunday morning and we'll be good to go:
    @BeeHapppy101
    @JEB03253
    @EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @bobagurl2017

If you need a pass for the week, just ask!
  • jugar
    Options
    Don't forget to update Week 4 of our WaistAways Who Are You by January 1st Challenge!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wi0i87iKT7THzfMInln_oyb5IQAfsiSPBaHwWGfCA4c/edit?usp=sharing

Even if you have not updated every week, take a minute to look at what you are aiming for and reflect on how it is going. We have FIVE weeks left to New Year's Eve. We can do this!
  • DianaGetsFit512
    Options
    Truth be told:
    I haven’t pre-tracked or tracked one bite for the last 3 days 😳
    I was on such a good roll and Thanksgiving definitely took me off the rail…
    Trying to nip it in the bud and going to pre-track for the upcoming week tonight.

After hanging out with my mom yesterday she sent me two links to virtual registered dietitians and told me I need to do something different because Im getting too heavy. She totally means well and has only wanted me to be healthy and happy in my own skin my entire life, but I feel like she always mentions weight comments when Im actually doing a bit better (even if it was just 4 lbs)

I actually considered it for a bit, but what is the dietician really going to teach me that I don’t already know? Eat smaller portions, eat lots of veggies and protein.. be active, drink water. I think we all know what we are supposed to do, but it’s just hard to actually do it. Anyone here work with a dietician in the past? Worth it?
  • jugar
    Options
    @DianaGetsFit512 First of all, good for you on nipping your Thanksgiving detour in the bud, and getting back to pre-tracking. Even pre-tracking one meal at a time helps if a whole week is too much.

I like your question about consulting a dietician. You're right - the basics are easy to know, and hard to do. I have not worked with a dietician as such, but having someone to report to, and some clear data to guide you can be helpful. You're already off to a good start, but having some extra knowledge and someone to discuss your eating plan with might be interesting. I hope others on the team will chime in with their experiences. In the meantime - eat lots of veggies and drink lots of water :smiley:
  • DianaGetsFit512
    Options
    Very good point @jugar
    Guess it couldn’t hurt…clearly it’s not my expertise so maybe Id learn something
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    @jugar I think I’m going to take a pass. I was down to 210 something then was up to 213 something. I forgot what the actual number was. So we can put a non exact number or just give me a pass. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.