WaistAways Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I actually considered it for a bit, but what is the dietician really going to teach me that I don’t already know? Eat smaller portions, eat lots of veggies and protein.. be active, drink water. I think we all know what we are supposed to do, but it’s just hard to actually do it. Anyone here work with a dietician in the past? Worth it?

Like you I know how to lose weight, and I've previously been successful.. until I wasn't. Yes I do have binge eating disorder but ultimately my weight loss plan wasn't sustainable. I thought I'd been flexible with it but in reality, if things didn't go to plan I was beating myself up which triggered a binge and so on. Now, I'm in a position where the binge eating recovery is going well and I feel ready to try for weight loss again, but I'm terrified of getting back in the same place. I wonder if my plan was fine and the attitude towards it was the problem, but I want professional validation anyway.

@ashleycarole86 Mostly I needed an afternoon/evening to mope around! I've not moved on it yet as we had a busy weekend, but I will be finding a dietician this week. I am 99% sure I can't be bothered going through the NHS and would prefer to go private for the convenience even though it will cost a lot more.

@conleywoods your GP home is so cute, they look really happy
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Weigh in Day: MONDAY
    PW: 193.1
    CW: 190.2
    πŸ˜ƒ πŸ’ƒπŸΌ
    You are amazing. FIVE weeks in the green for November!! It's enough to make you want to break out the St. Patrick's Day hats in advance and go around dancing like crazy. Here's a follow-along we can all do to celebrate with you! It's for kids, so the whole family can join in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWg3rIZpdNo&ab_channel=DanceConnection-DanceVideosforkids
    DD265 wrote: Β»
    My kidney function test results came back normal; I am very relieved!

Over the weekend I got allotment beds 4-6 dug and sown with green manure, mulched the raised beds and we put some spring flower bulbs in too. Thankfully my time at the allotment was good exercise, as I've not done any elsewhere!

This week is looking pretty busy both at work and home, so I'm planning down time into my day as well as all the productive things. Lots of my plans are having to change/adapt, and instead of getting frustrated I'm trying to see them as opportunities to practise being flexible. That's going so-so lol.
    This is 3 paragraphs of great news. I'm in awe that you can still dig in your allotment! We're all froze up here, although the past couple of days have tempted the raccoons out to prowl around the compost heap (aka the raccoon restaurant). That is great exercise. I'm so glad to hear your kidneys are OK. Your planning and flexibility balance is really coming along. WTG!
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    @jugar Thanks!! The St. Patrick's Day Dance is awesome and I promise I will try it after my 2nd hip is replaced.

@DD265 Hooray for normal kidney function!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,348 Member
    Options
    Hi WA's ...You have a new member joining your marvelous team ....Please welcome @kto0194 :)
  • jugar
    Options
    Welcome @kto0194 !

We're looking forward to meeting you - let us know about yourself, how your journey is going, your goals, and anything else you would like to share. If you have any questions about how things work, fire away!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Sun 6.595
    Mon 15,191
    30 min lift
    Tues 8311
    Wed 11,899
    Thurs 8560
    30 min weights
    15 min elliptical
    Fri 13,680
    Sat 10, 172
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I ate too much and moved too little this past week.

Today was *almost* perfect. I will try again tomorrow. I did not sleep well last night so I did not get in a much needed workout, but my macros were almost balanced. I created a 30 day challenge for myself. I made tracker sheets for my Happy Planner to mark off . I am pretty excited. I definitely like the physical pen/paper aspect.
  • jugar
    Options
    kto0194 wrote: Β»
    Thanks for having me! I have tried weight loss sites before and online groups but never felt like people posted enough to be enjoyable to stay with, but I am already happy to see how much people post and support here.
    I am 29 with 2 kids. I trained horses for most my life and that helped keep my weight in check, I hate the gym. Over the last 4 or 5 years my weight has gone crazy. Between having 2 kids 13 months apart, not riding horses as much, and then 2 major injuries(broken bones) in the last 2 years, I have not been nearly active enough for what my body is used to. My highest weight is 202lbs.. I was/am having a really hard time losing it. I tend to loose a bit of weight then plateau for a long time no matter what I do.

I very recently started losing a lot of weight though because of digestive and gallbladder issues. It looks as though I may have my gallbladder removed in the near future. I have been pretty restrictive in my diet to keep the pain at bay, and so far it has actually been great for me.

I am on a low fat diet, drinking a lot more water, and eating a lot less processed food. I used to live of soda for my hydration and now haven't touched it in about a month. I feel a lot better, more energy, almost no acid reflux(which I had a really bad problem before), and just overall feel healthier.

I am currently at 174lbs, I am hoping to get to 160-155 lbs, but I have a lot of old muscles to rebuild, and want to build more lean muscle, so I understand that the numbers on the scale don't always equal the success I want so I am pretty open with my goal weight.

A big problem I am finding with this weight loss and feeling better is that my new found energy has me moving a lot more in a day, and that is aggravating my back pain at the end of the day(that is one of the areas I have broken bones in). I need to start an exercise program to really get to being my best self that will help build muscle in my weak areas to avoid that pain.

Thanks for sharing your journey - I think you will find a lot of connections in this team. I'm a horse person, just getting through a gap between horses right now. My new gelding is arriving here in the spring, and I'll get to go see him in February (he's at my daughter's). There are people on the team with kids, people getting through injuries and health challenges, and there are lots of ideas and successes spiced up with those plateaus and frustrating moments. I'm glad to hear that you are eating so much better now, even if the cause is not a fun one. As we get ready for the December cycle to start, think about small goals and changes you can make. We have a team habit tracker and a "who are you by January 1st" challenge you are welcome to join as well. It will be great to have you along for the ride, as it were!
  • jugar
    Options
    Who's up for weigh-ins? Due through Tuesday:
    @BeeHapppy101
    @MoonlitMuse
    @JEB03253

Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    DD265 wrote: Β»
    My kidney function test results came back normal; I am very relieved!
    YES! Go girl - what a relief
  • DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Oops sorry @ashleycarole86
    Sun: 7968
    Mon: 8856 plus 30min peloton
    Tues: 8451
    Wed: 9206 plus 30 min peloton
    Thurs: 7808
    Fri: 6743
    Sat: 9946
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I finally had a normal day! Got up at 5 AM and I did a ballet workout. I hit all of my macros and everything tasted good. I was really having some strange appetite stuff. Nice feeling to be back to normal. @bobagurl2017 Oh no! Not the darn cold. I'm hoping yours is short!
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    @kto0194 Welcome to Waistaways! Looking forward to getting to know you. I totally understand the problem of new found energy, moving a lot more in a day, and that aggravating pain at the end of the day. I had a hip replacement in September which was very successful but now the other hip, which is waiting to be replaced in the next month or two has increased pain. But I am looking at it as good pain - because the end result will be so beneficial.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods
    YAY on starting the day with a workout.
    The guinea pigs are so cute (and lucky to have you!)
This discussion has been closed.