WaistAways Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    @jane_76 Thank you! I have no doubt you will get that medal by December 31! Hawaii will have some beautiful sights, too.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,070 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 yes. Thanks for the reminder that our goals need to be realistic but push a bit. I have been realistic but not pushing enough lately - a few things need work.

Cut back on alcohol again after the trip to France.
    Cut forward on challenging exercise again.
    Get back to the mid-range of my maintenance.

I am looking forward to my new program for exercise with the cool trainer.
    I am back on my app for alcohol tracking and aiming for 5 dry days per week.
    I am tracking calories more strictly again, and will try to lose 2 pounds this month.

Steps. Exercise bike. Strength. Sit as little as possible. Sun while it is here! Snowshoeing soon :smiley:
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    @ashleycarole86

Sun 8,579
    Mon 8,623
    Tue 7,326
    Wed 11,807
    Thu 9,583
    Fri 12,196
    Sat 10,132

Four days under goal but it was the last week of my mum’s visit and the weather didn’t cooperate for a few days. I’m very proud of her, she walked most days for a minimum of 2 miles but hit 4 miles at least three times. For reference, she is 87 and walks with a stick. Her pace improved from a 37 minute mile to under a 35 minute mile, she also lost half a stone (7lbs) while she was here 👏🏼👏🏼
  • jugar
    Options
    Fantastic beginning of month energy! I'll try to gather up everyone's commitments in one place so we can keep track and keep each other on track.

For right now - reminder for Monday! Weigh-ins due from:
    @CarolAnnM2
    @MoonlitMuse
    @ashleydlevinson

Keep the news rolling too - hearing about everyone's experiences and how it all influences our eating and health patterns is so helpful.

Thanks!
  • CarolAnnM2
    Options
    Weigh in Day: MONDAY
    PW: 197.3
    CW: 197.0

I have been thinking a great deal about the November-December challenge and “I want to be a person who eats legumes three times a week.”. I want to get more of my protein from legumes because I am already on medication for high cholesterol but my levels have not come down quite enough.
  • jugar
    Options
    @CarolAnnM2 Team Legumes! They are wonderful - can be creamy and satisfying while still being loaded with fibre and completely lacking in fat and cholesterol. I'll post my "mishmash" recipe that turns lentils and a whole lot of vegetables into the best stuff ever put over rice, on a bun, or just eaten with a spoon. And lots of others! I'm a bit of a legume freak :smiley:
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I am a person who eats to nourish my body and intentionally move my body daily.

I did a 15 minute Barre workout this morning and got on the elliptical for 10 minutes. I prelogged my food and will stick to the meal plan. It does include an adult beverage for after trick or treating.

I would really like to be down 5 pounds by New Years. 2.5 pounds per month seems doable. I know there will be days that I indulge during the holiday season, but there are plenty of days that I can make perfect.
  • CarolAnnM2
    Options
    @jugar THANKS! I look forward to the recipe.

@KellyBgetsfit Great attitude, accept the inevitable and move on to the positive. I have no doubt you will reach your New Years goal!

@conleywoods Hope you feel better for Trick or Treating! Great goal for November-December.
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I am a person that Intermittently Fasts

Today was a perfect day.

It started with a 30 minute bike ride. Nothing like @bowens1973 or @ashleycarole86 but my first ride in over a year. I ride for pleasure at a leisurely 7/8 miles per hour - that’s code for I can only go 7/8 mph 🤣

I walked to the UPS store and then the supermarket for some groceries so I got an hours walk there.

I cooked mince and potatoes for dinner and I honestly tracked all day. I also hit my water goal.

I’m now sitting on the sofa, drinking a cup of tea and watching ‘Welcome to Flatch’, I’m going to sleep well tonight ☺️

• CarolAnnM2
    Options
    @LoraineGB 👍🏻 a perfect day! I need to get me one of those.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,132 Member
    Options
    Agree @jugar - loving the start of a new month energy!

@LoraineGB What a good mix! Exercise, walking for errands (my fav!), honest tracking, water, self care, a plan for a good night of sleep! They can't all be perfect, but darn it feels amazing when they are!!

@conleywoods What a great statement! The weekend is so easy to let it all slide for so many people. What a great intention to set. I definitely get stuck in "celebration" vibes, doesn't even have to be a weekend. It's good to incorporate plans no matter what to treat yourself, AND look after yourself at the same time. I think it stops the pendulum swinging back and forth so violently.. at least for me. It's not something I'm doing so well right now. Anyway, hope trick-or-treating was fun despite not feeling well... glad you are up to getting out at least.

@KellyBgetsfit Sounds like a realistic plan. I think when we know how to gently push ourselves without going too crazy and setting ourselves up for disappointment and near-guaranteed failure, that's the best. What I'm trying to work on right now is that first part - how to gently push myself at the times I should be so that the off-set when I have a bigger day is there.

Day 2/2 getting my 2L of walking and doing my 10 push-ups. We did get our flu shots last night and I'm not sure if it's that or coincidence but I feel a bit meh... not really up for anything more strenuous than walking but I have been getting lots of that as well. The food is still not cut back to where it needs to be. It's scary how easy it is for me to overeat - it makes complete sense how I could climb to nearly 300 pounds.

The doorbell keeps ringing with kids off to haul the candy away - gotta run! Bonus points to anyone who wants to share adorable photos of their kiddos in costumes!!
  • jugar
    Options
    What a gorgeous moon we have tonight - super bright half moon with cool clouds floating around and past it. Excellent for Halloween! Of course, no one ever comes to us - all the people as far out in the middle of nowhere as we are go into the village for trick-or-treat. We used to have a good time taking the kids there, but it was rare to have the weather as nice as tonight.

I will finish work on our "I am a person who..." project tomorrow and get it all ready to roll. It is feeling really good already.

Now, I'm trying to be like @LoraineGB and others - getting on the exercise bike to try to finish this day in perfect mode. I have not made all my steps, but everything else has been good.

Weigh-ins are due from:
    @MoonlitMuse
    @ashleydlevinson

We have no Tuesday people at the moment, so it is a good day to catch up and make good progress to the day you have to weigh in next!
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    It looks like everyone had a pretty good day today with great exercise and food/water intakes today.

@conleywoods - I hope that you feel better soon!

I did eat over in my calories today but I don’t feel stuffed or like I ate too much. I also drank a lot more water today versus yesterday. I did a 40-ish minute workout this morning focused on upper body and it was pretty challenging. We spent some time after work to walk around the neighborhood with our dog who was dressed up like a little demogorgon from Stranger Things. So many people thought he looked so cute!

Tomorrow I have to go into the office in the city early in the morning, so I am challenging myself to make sure I do my workout when I get back from the office.
This discussion has been closed.