WaistAways Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I was being kind of funny with I am statement above. I was proud of my choice, but drinking when I am stressed isn't actually a problem for me.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Good morning WaistAways!

@CarolAnnM2 I think that sounds exciting! I don't currently have a pedometer so I can't quite participate (I have to leave my phone in a locker while I work), but I'll be watching avidly!

@jugar I love a good spreadsheet, this is exciting! Clearing out the hall closet will probably wait until Life Calms Down around here, but the accountability is going to make me go through with it, for sure.

Whooshed back to 175.4 this morning, probably having to do with all the water I finally drank yesterday.

I was super stressed yesterday, there's a lot going on in Casa Cupcake, so before dinner was out of the oven I'd eaten 5 packets of fun-size peanut m&ms. Logged them all, ate my dinner so I didn't feel bad when I went to the gym, and that was that. Ended the day at around maintenance, so not too terrible.

The gym was great- I tried a new class and found that I really liked it. And then I got invited to a photoshoot in a couple weeks for new pictures for the website, so that's exciting.

Have a great day, everyone!
  • alydanbeads
    alydanbeads Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 157.2
    CW (Current Weight): 157.2

Well I didn't lose any weight this week, but I feel super bloated and yucky today, so I'm counting the fact that I didn't gain any weight as a win! My kiddo has a basketball game tonight so that means 9 hours on the road for a 2 hour game, but I also wouldn't miss it for the world! I'm going to take some healthy snacks with me and try to make good food choices.

Have a great day everyone!
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    @jugar @jane_76 I will be finished my Inca Trail challenge in about 5 or 6 days so I will be purchasing another one soon, anyway. And, btw, you can do more than 1 challenge at a time.

Great spreadsheet @jugar 👍🏻
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Heya happy November! I'd like to skip my weigh in this week, I've been on vacation this week and I fear that the numbers won't be pretty! @jugar
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 Happy Belated Birthday!! 🎉🎉

With all the snow, I'm working from home today and have convinced my hubby to drive me to an appointment because I hate winter driving!

Drive safe too @ashleycarole86 ! It seems like people are mostly taking it slow🤞
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,062 Member
    Options
    Lucky snow people! @ashleycarole86 and @kellie_erin (and probably on the way for @CarolAnnM2 ) I'm jealous. You know me and snow - never too soon, never too much! My daughter is trying to send the Alberta snow directly to me, but so far it is not working. I'm glad you could work from home, though, Kellie - that makes it a lot easier.

My steps for last week! yikes. I totally forgot I had not done this yes...
    Sunday - 12,728
    Monday - 8453 + 20 min. Pilates
    Tuesday - 8977 + 30 Pilates + 50 min. ex. bike, slow and easy
    Wednesday - 5408 + 15 Pilates
    Thursday - 5775 + 25 Pilates
    Friday - 12,304
    Saturday - 11,385

Gosh! Can you tell when the jetlag finally left the building?
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    @jugar it's taken me a while but here is our house that we sold in September

yv8ncfecs69z.jpg
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,062 Member
    Options
    @LoraineGB That's an adorable house! I love the little tower building.
    CarolAnnM2 wrote: »
    @jugar @jane_76 I will be finished my Inca Trail challenge in about 5 or 6 days so I will be purchasing another one soon, anyway. And, btw, you can do more than 1 challenge at a time.
    I'm sorry you two, but I'm going to have to forego these challenges for now - when I saw the total cost for just one converted into Canadian dollars I about fell off my chair, and I really do not want them to send me a medal thingy which they automatically charge for. I don't need any more clutter :smiley: I will certainly cheer you on and post my mileage here, though. I'll see if I can keep up with you two from afar.

Today I did my longest and hilliest snowshoe route just to make sure there aren't any trees down or other obstructions. Whew! Even in regular shoes over nothing deeper than all the fallen leaves it is a challenging walk. I have some wind and endurance to build up before I'm ready for the full route on snowshoes! I'm always way more in shape in winter than any other time, so this will inspire me to get going out there. I enjoy a walk more when it is challenging, so there we go. The views are great now that all the leaves are down.

Happy one-day-late birthday @ashleycarole86 !!! I know things are a bit of a battle with work stress and all the big changes, but I think you are doing an amazing job. You slip a bit, and get back up. You take a deep breath and do what needs to be done. Be sure to add "basking" to your tasks for the month. Soak up some light in a sunny window or sheltered place outdoors, take some really deep breaths, just be for a few minutes every now and again. You deserve some basking! Including in praise from everyone who knows how fabulous you are :blush:

@KellyBgetsfit You are hitting a great stride! I love your idea to exercise your way through when you need to bust some stress. Every tool we can use to avoid those bad food and drink choices is one to hold onto and use with vigour!

@CupcakeCrusoe Casa Cupcake - this has me picturing a very silly version of the gingerbread house
    qy5zna4i7vhy.png
    I hear you on the peanut m&ms. They are the only candy I like, and they can get kinda scary sometimes! I hope they're gone!

I have now enjoyed this moment of procrastination. Time to move on...
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    PW: 212.6
    CW: 214.0

Not a great start to the new month 😕 I have been sick the past few days, didn't get to the gym yesterday and luckily don't have any more access to candy.

Happy Belated Birthday @ashleycarole86!!

@CarolAnnM2 many people definitely walk the 5k and they have a 1.75 mile fun walk. I will most likely be jog/walking but want to increase the amount of time I can jog.

@micki48 Yes! That neighborhood is beautiful with the lights! We drive through it every year, but have not done that race. Definitely something to look into!
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I was on plan to have a good yesterday
    YinxFed wrote: »
    Greetings Waistaways,

Now that we have Halloween behind us I can begin to think about Christmas! I married a Halloween baby, so we never refer to Halloween as anything other than Ben's birthday. And out of respect to my darling hubby, I don't refer to the C word until after his birthday! But today is the 1st of November. It's been a good day so far - I had a morning virtual training session with a group of learners in 6 different countries! Good fun! And this afternoon I plan to put together an assignment for the apprentices that I lecture each week - we have an online session planned for tomorrow morning.

I love your decluttering plans @CupcakeCrusoe because I really want to make big inroads in my own decluttering project by Christmas - a dear friend will be coming to stay for a few days. Added to which, Future Yinka lives in a house that requires very little maintenance, so once I've made some inroads with Project Declutter, I will feel better about getting a regular weekly cleaner. Future Yinka is looking to engage this essential service after January.

Enjoy the rest of your day, Team.

I love 'Ben's Birthday', my sister's birthday is 17th December and she will not put up a decoration or card until after she has celebrated her day.

We had to seriously declutter when we moved out of our house and into our apartment so we were brutal with our decisions on what to keep. I have about 8 more plastic buckets to go through but I have 8 months to do it as we won't decide if we are staying or going until August next year.

• eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar PW 170.4
    CW 170.4
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,132 Member
    Options
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 169.6
    CW 169
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @DianaGetsFit512 maybe your statement could be 'I am a person who makes a healthy choice if I eat after dinner' and then have a basket containing a selection of items you'd be happy with. As long as you factor it in to your calorie goal if that's what you're working with, then no harm no foul. I've found that it's much easier to stick with a planned evening snack like 'I'm going to have a chocolate bar at 8.30pm', than it is to try and go in totally unplanned, but that having a choice of small chocolate bars in the moment stops me from feeling restricted.

@jugar I've been wanting to do the LOTR Conqueror challenge for ages, but the cost is prohibitive. We did use something at work for team activities, I will see if I can dig out the details. There may have been a small cost on the host account, but it was free for participants.

It was another terrible drive home last night; multiple accidents on the motorways, torrential rain, dark, twisty roads I don't know etc, took almost 3 hours. I had already said we needed to plan on fast food because I had no idea what time I'd get home, but I couldn't face adding to my journey home so just as I got in the door the takeaway delivery driver pulled up. Whether it's because they did the wrong thing (beef instead of chicken) or my headache or what, I only managed half and saved the rest for lunch today.

I'm glad to be home and back in my regular eating routine. I will need to think more carefully about how I can manage it the next time I am required to travel, but I plan to write a few pointers this weekend whilst it's still fresh in my mind. Where I travel to, and what I'm doing when I get there, can vary massively which is part of the challenge!

I'm feeling like there's loads to do, but focusing my to do lists (work and personal) to the priorities to give myself breathing space. It's just after 12, and I have a meeting at lunch, so I'm going for a quick walk to check on the allotment - it will be too dark after work - then I will have my leftovers for lunch. Looking forward to some fresh air.
  • DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    @DD265
    Thank you… very true… the issue is I have dinner pretty late because of work so I really shouldn’t be eating anything after dinner and usually grab multiples just because
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Username: Bowens1973
    PW: 187.6
    CW: 189.8
    Gain: 2.2
    Had been having a decent week but poor choices for lunch yesterday - gotta do better.
This discussion has been closed.