WaistAways Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I am a person who runs a 5k

My goal is to become a jogger/runner. It is awesome the feeling I get after finishing a jog. My plan is to jog 3 days a week (minimum) at orange theory and run a 5k on New Years Day. There is a 5k called running of the lights but it's at midnight on January 1. I always thought that would be a fun race to do but as I get older, I'm in bed by 10 pm most nights 😂 It may be jogging 5k in my neighborhood on new years day.

I am glad halloween is over. I have eaten a lot of candy the past few days. This is our first year in our house and our neighbors said they ran out of candy last year. We bought 500 pieces and we only got 44 trick or treaters and have at least 250 pieces left. I am planning on bringing them to work and then avoiding going into the snack area as much as possible!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,255 Member
    Options
    So tired but popping in to say hi. A few small candies were eaten.
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    @lauren_989 Running The Lights sounds like it would be fun. I'm sure you can reach that goal. What a novel New Year's Eve activity. If they did Walking The Lights I would consider it too.

@CupcakeCrusoe Purging can be very rewarding. I know it was for me when I did it 5 years ago. Great Action plan!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    good morning all, I'm Sylvia here in Massachusetts, and a longtime Waistaway. My weight has swung up and down through life but never staying down for long...I would like it to be forever, I feel better, but I know that for me it will be a lifelong battle and I'll always have to be conscious. I'm a snacker, a too-big portions, and a stress eater. I did great in 2020 and then you'll see the story in my chart below. Quite a few stressors in the mix but things have calmed down mostly and I feel now is the time to refocus. I need just today to really think on my 'I am a person who..."
    ausbsktddy2u.png
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Greetings Waistaways,

Now that we have Halloween behind us I can begin to think about Christmas! I married a Halloween baby, so we never refer to Halloween as anything other than Ben's birthday. And out of respect to my darling hubby, I don't refer to the C word until after his birthday! But today is the 1st of November. It's been a good day so far - I had a morning virtual training session with a group of learners in 6 different countries! Good fun! And this afternoon I plan to put together an assignment for the apprentices that I lecture each week - we have an online session planned for tomorrow morning.

I didn't do a workout this morning, but tomorrow morning I will get back on track. And go shopping. And pack. Ben and I are going to Belfast for a short city break on Thursday, so I need to prepare for that trip. I am really looking forward to it - we both need the break.

I love your decluttering plans @CupcakeCrusoe because I really want to make big inroads in my own decluttering project by Christmas - a dear friend will be coming to stay for a few days. Added to which, Future Yinka lives in a house that requires very little maintenance, so once I've made some inroads with Project Declutter, I will feel better about getting a regular weekly cleaner. Future Yinka is looking to engage this essential service after January.

Enjoy the rest of your day, Team.
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I think I'll join the January challenge:

"I'm a person who gets up with their alarm" and "I'm a person who exercises four times a week".

I think both of these are challenging but doable!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I am a person who walks in the evening.
    no commitment on how many times/week, how long or how strenuous. Just to be sure to get out there in the dark and quiet evening, look up at the stars, walk for a bit and BREATHE.
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    @jugar and @jane_76 I would totally be up for a Team Challenge at The Conquerer. I got this off their website:
    Teams are a fun way to take part in The Conqueror Virtual Fitness Challenges. **Note that each team member is required to purchase their own entry into the challenge. Each team member will receive their own medal at the end** Basically you share the distance with the other people in your team. Your team will have their very own team icon on the map. Each time a team member posts a distance, your team icon will advance along the map. Your team will also be represented on the leaderboard. You will also be able to see information about your own personal achievements and rankings separate from the team. The distance doesn’t have to be divided evenly among team members. You can team up with guru athletes and people just starting out! So hustle up your friends or workmates and join the fun!

All we have to do is decide which Challenge to do and probably a team name.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Here is the first draft!

I have put in everyone's statements, steps to get there, and some interpretations of what you have written - please feel free to edit any of it!

First off, I changed the statements from "I am a person who" to simply "I ____ " I thought it might be more direct, but if you prefer the first way, please feel free to change that too.

How to make changes? Two ways:
    1. Edit yourself - the shared spreadsheet is at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wi0i87iKT7THzfMInln_oyb5IQAfsiSPBaHwWGfCA4c/edit?usp=sharing
    2. Just post here and I'm happy to update it for you.

I'll also post screenshots here as we progress through the weeks, so it won't just be some invisible spreadsheet somewhere - and I hope that anyone who wants to jump in, no matter what kind of change you're building by January 1st. You can change your mind, update your steps, propose changes to the whole challenge, whatever it takes to make this a useful tool.

More people are welcome to join in, of course!
  • micki48
    edited November 2022
    Options
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    I am a person who runs a 5k

My goal is to become a jogger/runner. It is awesome the feeling I get after finishing a jog. My plan is to jog 3 days a week (minimum) at orange theory and run a 5k on New Years Day. There is a 5k called running of the lights but it's at midnight on January 1. I always thought that would be a fun race to do but as I get older, I'm in bed by 10 pm most nights 😂 It may be jogging 5k in my neighborhood on new years day.

Good News! I think I recall you lived in Greensboro, where I lived the last 11 years. That race is called Running of the Balls and it’s in Sunset Hills. It is on December 10th at 6pm. The light balls are soooooo amazing. Here’s a link. https://www.facebook.com/therunningoftheballs/

Even if you decide not to race (you can also walk the 5k) you should DEFINITELY go see the neighborhood after Thanksgiving. It is other worldly. 🪩
  • micki48
    Options
    If anyone wants to see a clip of what it looks like here is a news clip on the light balls.

https://www.wxii12.com/article/sunset-hills-neighborhood-in-greensboro-continues-to-amaze-visitors-with-lighted-balls-tradition/30320131#
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,062 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Thanks for the link! That is a lovely idea and I'll bet it's a fun 5k to do.
    CarolAnnM2 wrote: »
    @jugar and @jane_76 I would totally be up for a Team Challenge at The Conqueror. I got this off their website:
    Teams are a fun way to take part in The Conqueror Virtual Fitness Challenges. **Note that each team member is required to purchase their own entry into the challenge. Each team member will receive their own medal at the end** Basically you share the distance with the other people in your team. Your team will have their very own team icon on the map. Each time a team member posts a distance, your team icon will advance along the map. Your team will also be represented on the leaderboard. You will also be able to see information about your own personal achievements and rankings separate from the team. The distance doesn’t have to be divided evenly among team members. You can team up with guru athletes and people just starting out! So hustle up your friends or workmates and join the fun!

All we have to do is decide which Challenge to do and probably a team name.

Ooooh! That could be a fun way to get through one of the longer ones without it taking too long, but of course that means we'd each be paying for more challenges :open_mouth: Shall we try one anyhow?? Or we could all sign up for one but each complete it separately and still encourage each other as we go. Since you're starting the Road to Hana @jane_76 we could join you either as a team or separately. Plotting!
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Here is the first draft!

I have put in everyone's statements, steps to get there, and some interpretations of what you have written - please feel free to edit any of it!

First off, I changed the statements from "I am a person who" to simply "I ____ " I thought it might be more direct, but if you prefer the first way, please feel free to change that too.

How to make changes? Two ways:
    1. Edit yourself - the shared spreadsheet is at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wi0i87iKT7THzfMInln_oyb5IQAfsiSPBaHwWGfCA4c/edit?usp=sharing
    2. Just post here and I'm happy to update it for you.

I'll also post screenshots here as we progress through the weeks, so it won't just be some invisible spreadsheet somewhere - and I hope that anyone who wants to jump in, no matter what kind of change you're building by January 1st. You can change your mind, update your steps, propose changes to the whole challenge, whatever it takes to make this a useful tool.

More people are welcome to join in, of course!

We are an impressive group!
  • micki48
    Options
    Thanks for the spreadsheet @jugar.

I logged today. The good, bad and it was ugly. Almost 2400 calories and the ones that sent me over were definitely junk I could have cut out. Sadly, I did not have that discipline. BUT, I logged it anyway and that’s a start to being a person who logs.

I am happy to report I have now had two negative Covid tests and feel just fine. Hubby still has some cough but it could be his normal cough. My daughter is feeling much better but still testing positive and my granddaughter seems to have dodged it. At least, she never tested positive.

We are excitedly watching baseball here in Philly as our Phillies play the World Series. It may not be a perfect week for food. Speaking of that, the scale was up and definitely NOT my friend today. But, I will log!!

Til tomorrow…
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I am a person who chooses to workout instead of drink when I am stressed.

My husband and I had a fight, but I choose to stick to my plan to get on the elliptical for 15 minute, even though I wanted a glass of wine. Yesterday, I prelogged a Baileys drink, which was a lot of calories, but I was too tired after trick or treating. I am definitely feeling confident about tomorrow's weigh in.

@CupcakeCrusoe YES!!!! I love to decanter! I want to make a plan of attack for that too.

@jugat its weird to hear you say you don't go walk as much. I think of you as a walker.🤷‍♀️

@eggfreak you got this! Evening walks are the best!

@yinxfed Happy Birthday to your husband!!! I love, love love, Christmas, but I wait until November too. I actually like to put out Thanksgiving decorations, then switch to Christmas Thanksgiving weekend, but I will start watching movies and listening to music this month.

@ashleycarole86 Great job resisting the candy!!! I took the kods trick or treating yesterday and definitely saw a lot of older kids out and about. I feel like they missed a year or two due to Covid so as long as they are in costume and being respectful, go for it! How many steps do you think I got yesterday????😉

This discussion has been closed.