Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,302 Member
    Options
    @Dpecora653 ,, Indeed the best gift that we can do daily every day,, is a hug. Add in a smile and a "I love you" its even that much ore special. Something many younger may not realize, when you visit your parents, and more so your grandparents, hugs, the human touch are often missed.
    @Tabatha_Ain,, love the love story of you and Joe!! That's so neat!! Ohhhhh is Joe's Mom going through mesopause? Some ladies keep their houses so COLD!!!! I try to keep mine between 76 to 78 in the winter, being on a blood thinner I am always cold unless moving around.
    @Gouldgranite ,,, Please stay warm Janey!
    @Patti241 ,, are you horribly cold today? We are at 20, but it feels like 14. I wore a very light jacket today and was fine. Didn't need it zipped up.
    @Macrat12 ,, that was cold!
    @Cormierannie,,, OH ENJOY the visit!!! How neat!!!
  • walkreadlift
    walkreadlift Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    3782dssk9rmi.jpeg
  • Dpecora653
    Dpecora653 Posts: 3,991 Member
    Options
    webehsfqa1y5.jpg

THOUGHT OF THE DAY:
    Take time to rest and reflect today:
    Appreciate how far you have come,
    What you have achieved,
    What went well, and not so well,
    And What did you learn, what can you change in the coming new year?

Have a Wonderful Day :)
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,257 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you all had a great Christmas or Holiday. My Christmas was really good. I loved it. Today we are doing part 2 hopefully. Some of our kids could not come yesterday due to the storm. We are hoping they can come today. That would be nice. If they cannot come today we will find a way to go see them and deliver their presents.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - No Joe's Mom complains about how cold she is. It is Joe's Dad that controls the thermostat in their house. It is a smart thermostat and lowers the temp over night and all that stuff. It gets super cold in there. We have to wear lots of clothing to stay warm. Thank you on our story. Definitely a good love story. I am so in love with him again it is great.

Well it is time to get some food. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    Diane: Yeah it was cold.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,363 Member
    Options
    It’s 31 feels like 31 with a high of 32 today. Insight Timer Quote: Find the life underneath your life situation.—Eckhart Tolle I AM: I take back all the mean things I said to my body. Axe Sharpening: Failure is a blessing in disguise. It yields results you cannot otherwise get. Even when training a muscle, we train until failure to reap the benefits. Think of anything else you want in life the same way.—Rachel Brown 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Get outside. Pick up litter or do something kind for nature. Fitness quote for today: I will not let age change me. I will change the way I age.—courtesy of fitness quotes app. Motivational quote for today: Every day is a new beginning. Stay away from what might have been, and look at what can be.—Marsha Petrie Sue Closed all ring (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 13,432 steps yesterday. Training plan for today: At Home SYLL Legs/Glutes after dinner.
  • TEXASTITCHER
    TEXASTITCHER Posts: 6,528 Member
    Options
    Invitations were sent this morning for the Rain Dancer team for the Winter Challenge. Please look for your invitation.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    oaywdtjdwtal.gif
    Boot shopping today with my nephew - have a good one everyone.

woohooo on my team !!
  • hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    fw8w79f24n3a.png

Good Afternoon 2023 Winter 5% Challengers!! I wanted to stop by and say 'hello'. I surely hope that any of you that celebrate Christmas had a WONDERFUL celebration with family and/or friends and that the reason for the season was evident in your gatherings.

To those that celebrate Hanukkah, I believe that your celebrations will be drawing to a close this evening. I wish you and yours love, peace, and happiness and I hope that you let the light shine every day of your life.

There are other holidays celebrated in December, among them, Kwanzaa. If you look up featured holidays in December, 2022 ~ here is the list that comes up:
    Dec. 05: St. Nicholas Eve
    Dec. 08: Bodhi Day
    Dec. 13: Santa Lucia Day
    Dec 18: Hanukkah
    Dec. 21: Yule
    Dec. 25: Christmas
    Dec. 26: Kwanzaa

WHATEVER you celebrate(d) or observe(d), please know that I'm wishing you and your families peace and love ... and I wish the same for this world that we live in and the place we **ALL** call home.

I'm looking forward to a bright and shiny New Year! It is a time to make resolutions; it is a time to be filled with hope.

Wishing you all the best ~ no matter what you celebrate or observe ...
    Heidi (hicim705)
    Overall Co-Leader, Seasonal 5% Challenges hosted on MFP

• hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    🔴🌡️RED HOTS🌡️🔴 Flight 01-23 UPDATE: First round of Boarding Passes for the 🔴🌡️RED HOTS🌡️🔴 have been issued. Flight crew is standing by to welcome you on your journey.

Red Hots Flight Crew:
    Heidi (hicim705) – Captain
    Bruni (bbonet3) - Baggage Handler
    Denise (Mango1960) / Alice (aalley5) - Passenger Service Agent(s)
    Laura (paints5555) - Flight Attendant

Heidi (hicim705), Captain
    2023 Winter 5% Challenge ~ 🔴🌡️RED HOTS🌡️🔴

Overall Co-Leader, Seasonal 5% Challenges (hosted on MFP)
    Co-Leader, Seasonal 5% Challenges ~ Bloggers!!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Dpecora653 ,,, I love reflecting on how I am doing. TY TY TY!!
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, I think the smart thermostats are a great idea. Really good to help with costs and at night I know I breathe better when the temp is cooler. I set mine nightly down so that by 1 AM it's about 70 to 72 which to me is cold (LOL Hehehe I know, that foolish blood thinner!) in the day I love it between 76 to 78 in the winter. Hope today you are warmer. Do they keep it cooler during the day also?
    @Patti241 ,,, today seemed HOT at 28!! You? I think my friends electricity is finally back on! They live about 10 blocks from me.
    @Macrat12 ,,, Sarah WOOHOO We are having about the same weather!! We got up to 30 today, mostly sunny, low wind. Nice job on your exercise.
    @Texastitcher ,, WOOHOO GREAT JOB Jo Ann!
    @Lindiemaep ,, did ya find any? I LOVE my Bearpaws!
    @HIcim705 ,, WOOHOO GOOO RED HOTS!!! Heidi, I LOVE that name change!!

Positively Strong 4 Life your invites are also all sent out and awaiting your arrival back to the DEN!!
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone I had a good morning outting with my nephew and he helped me pick out my boots by oooing and awwwing the colours and then like the pair I selected. My nephew went with me, we met at the sky train station then took the bus and then got off at the stop we needed. After going up stairs, he took care of my purse and stuff while I tried on the boots. He and I both liked the colour of the ones I chose. The helper at the store recommended wearing them for a while inside before wearing them outside to help them stretch a bit so I will do that. Plus I need the orthotics to settle nicely in the boot. I usually do not take out the insole and I won't need to on these ones. I also got a resistant tube that I can use standing up like in the picture of the box you will see and can use it sitting down too. Plus I got a couple of different shades of Bert's Bees lip gloss have not had any in years and also bought some RX bars too. Then we walked to the sky train station from London drugs, about 15 minutes and caught the train to my part of town. We went to Winners and I bought him a hoodie, and 2 journal books with a suggestion he write or draw something every day for his daughter, it might help him focus on good things and not troubles. Anyway it's up to him to use the journals. Then we got him a bag to put his stuff in and I gave him an RX bar to try and he went his way and I went my way. The bus took over half an hour to go 10 minutes that usually takes us as the bridges were congested with traffic it was crazy. I anticipated getting off at one point and walking but I stayed on the bus and watched planes taking off in the air instead LOL
    f9cr23t4cx0u.png
    @Dianedoessmiles1 YES and YES lol I safely loaded on my plane now just hanging out with the crew for a bit !! Hope all is going well on the PS4L lions den say hello to all for me...
    @eveyone have a wonderful day and enjoy what ever you have planned!!
    uuq56peelri4.gif

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Lindiemaep ,, NICE BOOTS!! That was so kind of your nephew, and you to him. NICE Band!! That'll help a lot. Sounds like a good day. WOOHOO on patience by watching the planes instead of trying to walk after doing quite a bit already.
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 thanks, I think they will do nicely and I played with the band a bit, I will do resistance moves I learnt in the Happy Heart program I was in at Vancouver General Hospital about 5 years now wow time flies!! I will set up an alarm on the Iphone to remind me to do 5 munites of resistance 3 x a day for now to see how that goes. Plus I have the other ones I bought I can use doing clams and other moves. now I will relax the rest of the night. Good thing I did the reading for the mtg over the weekend, all viewed, will do the bookstudy tomorrow.
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    aqj5excdq68w.jpg

I got through Thanksgiving without overeating. Christmas we were blessed with some generous folks who gave us quite a few goodies. I am really going to need to do the winter challenge to get rid of my "excess baggage".

Thoroughly enjoyed watching Call the Midwife series on Netflix DVD's over the holidays. Maybe because of my own background, I could relate--especially the archetype of the sisters portrayed.

Tomorrow's word is beauty. May you all have a beautiful day tomorrow!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Lindiemaep ,,, Have fun with it!! Glad you are able to use it because strength training/conditioning is so important no matter how old we are. Even more so to help us with bone loss.
    @Novembergail ,,,,So neat how much others are helpful. Glad you enjoyed the yummies. Gail you work so hard taking the yard etc. along with others. You'll bring anything off you gain easily. You've got that "I am going to do this" attitude. Please continue to rest as needed to such as watching shows you enjoy. I've seen that as I flick through the channels on Sunday night it's on the public TV station as I go up to the higher channels. I do know someone who loves watching that also. May your days ALL be beautiful. Just as you are.

The Ferris Wheel is really coming along!! I am on step 50 of 56!!! Exciting!! This has been been so much fun!! Though there were a number of times I had to undo what it was I oopsied on, that didn't even upset me, I was just enjoying doing this. Its my first time doing anything such as this. Never stop having fun and doing things you've always wanted to do.

jd4y5xtiruu7.jpg
  • Dpecora653
    Dpecora653 Posts: 3,991 Member
    Options
    bddat5j3k97x.jpg

Thought of the day:
    Every single day is a good day no matter how bright or dark it is,
    because it always brings an opportunity.

Enjoy a Thankful Tuesday :)
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,257 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all having a good morning. Today is going to be a good day. We have a 4 day week and that is all. Then next week we also have a 4 day week. It is going to be great. I can tell. I am sure things will be a little difficult to get back to normal, but it will be alright. A lot of people called the office yesterday thinking we were open. We were closed due to the observed Christmas Holiday. But everyone seemed to want to call their insurance place. Weird. Day after Christmas and people are calling their insurance company.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - They keep the temp overnight at 65 and during the day 69. So it is still cold in there. I do like being cooler when I sleep, but at home I sleep on the second floor and it is always a sauna. That is why my downstairs is set to 68. Otherwise it would be too hot to sleep upstairs.
    @LindieMaeP - That sounds like a wonderful day. It is good that you got new boots. Today I have to wear my boots to work.
    @NovemberGail - I gained a little too. I need to get it back off before my doctors appointment. I see her every month for weight checks.

Well it is time to get ready for some food. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,363 Member
    Options
    It’s 13 feels like 2 with a high of 39 for today. Insight timer quote: Perfection is the mountain that has no peak.—Emma Norris I AM: I am the best me I can be. Axe Sharpening: You’ll never know what you can do if you don’t try now.—Chico Bean 1st Phorm App Support Action for Happiness: Call a relative who is far away to say hello and have a chat. Fitness quote for today: You won’t always love the workouts, but you’ll always love the results.—FitXLtheclub Motivational quote for today: You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.—Maya Angelou Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 11,547 steps yesterday. Training plan for today: At Home SYLL Arms/Lite Delts after breakfast.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    Diane: To me that is cold. It is only 27 degrees this morning.