• Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,346 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday~

I woke up to 52 degrees indoors. Outside it is -5 with a windchill of -27 and three inches of snow. Extra heaters were brought in and now the house is beginning to feel balmy. This is certainly an incentive to use my oven for baking. I am thinking of trying @CSEGUIN2, Connie's gingerbread cookie recipe.

I closed off my porch and brought one of the litter boxes inside the house. Hopefully my boys won't complain too much about the inconvenience.

The on-going question of masks is tough, @Tabatha_Cain. This thought came to me during deer season. People in the country encourage everyone who goes out in the woods--even on their own property to wear orange. If you get shot, then it's your own fault. Some of the most stubborn folks who don't want anyone telling them to wear a mask will insist on others wearing orange. 😖. How strange that I don't mind wearing a mask but I hate to wear orange🙄 We are funny creatures.

@DLBEASYRIDER: Dave, great words of wisdom and wonderful videos. You probably heard that the weight took years to put on and will take time to shed. That phrase helped me many a time. It seems whenever I lost weight quickly, the weight would come back with a vengeance.

ypuphdhhtb8t.jpg

Outside my porch door this morning.

Today's word responsibility.

Stay safe; stay warm; stay healthy; stay positive; stay kind; and stay put if you can LOL.

• LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,651 Member
    Options
    s5bldbzint7j.png
    A different kind of exercise this morning - walk way clearing - two people who passed by thanked me for clearing the snow, others just looked at me like I was strange - well maybe I am and maybe I am not .. I felt good that I cleared the walks. Yesterday when I went to go get my glasses, an older lady, most likely older then me - and I am older then dirt now - was trudging along on the sidewalks with her two wheel cart so I kept her in mind while doing the walk ways and I did take my time, rest when needed and when it was enough came in and changed, made tea, and got some short bread cookies, chocolate and mandarin minis to enjoy! Gene drove his car to work today, he said it was compact snow and freezing rain mix - good thing he is an "old man" driver LOL I also cleared a way where he will come in at night, but I wish I had salt to put down to take care of that ice ... I only have table salt - and at that not much! I could try it though.
    @Tabatha_Cain I hope your fiance's procedure goes well, the prep is sometimes the worst but worth it in the long run. Hopefully after that you all can have a good weekend and enjoy your plans.
    @NovemberGail mask wearing is personal choice here, my son wears one at work but no one says anythign to them except those who think he should supply THEM with one, usually the general public. He just says no, it's not
    my job ... lol Hope your kitties adjust to the place the litter box is for them. They can be fussy from time to time!
    Well my little break is almost over and I've enjoyed my mandarin minis and now to finish the cookies - they are mini too in the shape of a scottish terrier lol and chocolate! Have a good one everyone, and a safe weekend as well. That weather out there is not nice !!!
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,076 Member
    Options
    Good early afternoon, it is cold here, 19 degrees. Wishing you all a great day. Hugs and blessings
    @DLBEASYRIDER - love to dance, getting slow moving around but that doesn't stop me. Hugs
    Christmas Humor,
    op0f1geg3a6v.jpg

• Lopeyp
    Lopeyp Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    HI-
    I'm curiously if anyone knows where I would see an team invite. I received an email saying one was coming but do not seem to have it (or can't find it). Thank.s
  • THUNDER5453
    THUNDER5453 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon
    Greg in Mineral,WA

About Me:

WAR DOG HANDLER ... "CLASS OF 74-75 THE"FALL OF SAIGON " RETIRED CHEF 35 YEARS MARRIED 35+ YEARS 2 GROWN SONS 3 SUPER DUPER GRAND KIDDOS

Why I want to get in shape

CUSS I NEED TO... CUSS I HAVE TO.....CUSS I WANT TO

My Inspirations

EASE THE PRESSURE ON MY STOMA, HEART AND LUNGS
    DISCARD THE BUTTON EXTENDERS ON MY JEANS EVEN WITH A STOMA GUARD ON
    WHEN I BEND OVER I CAN SEE MY SHOES AND TIE THEM
    Would somebody message me as to where I can register for this group...

• katiecondy1
    katiecondy1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Hmm I really need to learn how to copy/paste on this laptop. I just am writting the same thing here as I did there and elsewhere..but since I don't know how to copy/paste I have to write it over again..
    Good Afternoon Pat...I seem to rarely make it in the morning!!
    All the birds are fine ..they got thru the cold snap without any problems. I worry about the hens , mostly cause they are old but my experience with chickens is they are lil heaters that can take the chill. Then there is Jester, out there alone now. I feel sorry for him..but have not been able to find a female duck to replace Yacky yet!! We did put a half bale of straw in his house for him so he has lots of straw to cuddle down in ..not quite the same though. The lil wild birds arrived in larger flocks than I had seen today..I was thinking we might have to set out double feedings for them when the doves arrived. That took care of that , the little birds were gone and the doves cleaned up the feed. There were scraps out so hopefully that supplemented a bit . Our temps are soaring right on up to the low teens!! Wow gonna need sun screen pretty soon !! Supposed to be up to the mid 50's by Sunday .
    Feeling pretty spry this AM..so got the Swiffer out to dance with for a while. It didn't like the idea I guess as it wouldn't work!! Ok..so moving on to Mrs Mop..she came out and did a dazzling job of the kitchen floor. I had intended to drag Mr V out too..but by the time we finished in the kitchen my knee was yelling Stop You Idiot!! So I did...as if I had a choice! I do not like having to screech in pain everytime I move my knee..so if I listen when it first yells at me I can often avoid the noise, ( and the pain too!).
    I just have to learn to be glad I was able to do as much as I did instead of being irked that I did not get done as much as I wanted to!! Mind set and attitude!!
    Wishing all that celebrate various holidays thru this time of year ..the best of days and good year to come. Too many to list each one so just cover it by saying Wishes for Kindness, love and a sense of brotherhood thru this time and may it continue thru the coming year!!
    Now time for a hot cuppa, after I let the pups out..temps going down..sun fading behind the mtns!
    Have a good evening and enjoy your weekend!!

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,579 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    @Lopeyp
    @ALL Please start on MONDAY to look for your INVITE to the 2023 WINTER 5% Challenge for your team. NOT ALL will be out on Monday (Fit Force it'll be Tuesday) for those who signed up for any team (by choice or because their team was already full to those who are new (by choice) your invites will come from Monday on. Why not at the same time? In order for the teams to be evened out they need to be about even with the same chance of landing and at the end of the week to have a chance of having the near the same amount of exercise/LTGL/Weigh in.

HOW DO YOU FIND your invite?

Please look under the lighter blue bar for the COMMUNITY TAB, click on that, afterwards on the darker blue bar, Click on GROUPS. RIGHT there under groups you'll see a blue box which says "NEW GROUPS" AND JUST ABOVE that you'll find your invite!! WOOHOO
    ruwyaqgl237n.png

SO SORRY I went MIA and may be some through the weekend. I hadn't been feeling well and so the story goes. Its just a part of the life some of us lead on a daily basis. ON THE HUGE PLUS SIDE if I hadn't of lost the weight (120 lbs) I'd very likely either be not here, or much sicker. OH WE KNOW I have to much fun in life, even when not well!! TY TY TY TY for understanding!!

• Dpecora653
    Dpecora653 Posts: 4,108 Member
    Options
    oohnv6v09q7o.jpg

THOUGHT OF THE DAY:

Believe in the magic of SIMPLE moments!

HAVE A WARM, HEALTHY AND SAFE WEEKEND <3
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    It’s 5 feels like -6 with a high of 25 for today. Insight Timer Quote: May you never be too grown up to search the skies on Christmas Eve.—Author Unknown. Axe Sharpening: You are going to get knocked down. You can’t control when things happen, but you can control how you react to them.—Hannah Jones 1st Phorm Elite Athlete I AM: I make my actions and efforts work in my favor. Action for Happiness: Bring joy to others. Share something which made you laugh. Fitness quote for today: I workout for Confidence Strength The feeling after a workout The feeling of accomplishment Health My Loved Ones Happiness Stress Relief ME.—courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: Smile! It can increase your dopamine and serotonin levels, making you feel happier and less anxious.—unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 10,851 steps yesterday.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,447 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

Well I hope you are all enjoying your morning. We are cold and up moving around. Joe's parents keep the furnace at 69 and that is super cold when the weather is like this. We need to find a way to make ourselves warmer. Mostly our hands and feet are cold but other than that we are ok. We cannot stay in bed all day although that would definitely work for me.

@NovemberGail - It is super cold here too. GIngerbread cookies sound good. It is weird with the mask stuff. I just feel if you are sick please wear a mask or if you have symptoms that could be thought to be covid. Just wear a mask as precaution. You are only being considerate of other people.
    @LindieMaeP - I think it is important to clear the walkways of snow. Joe's procedure went went. Glad you were able to take a break. It is important also to get out of the cold and warm up between shoveling snow.
    @katiecondy1 - Glad you have learned about warning signs. Getting a warning sign from your knee should be taken seriously. Glad you are listening. We don't want that to get too bad.

Well we just ate breakfast but we do need to finish wrapping a couple of gifts. So I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Good Morning, Everyone!

The sun came shining through with blue skies. There is just enough snow on the ground to make this a white Christmas.

Hope everyone can find some quiet time amid the hustle and bustle to rejuvenate your spirits.

Words for today are efficiency and (find a word that you need for yourselves today).

xe5scdmx4kzp.jpg

Riding on a donkey . . . on the way to Bethlehem and on the way to Jerusalem
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,651 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone, as I have stated on other chats it is a cold wet rainy day and it will continue to rain for days. I will go out later as I want some hot chocolate for later in the day and I need to go to the post office and get stamps. I usually buy 100 at a time and Costco would be better but Gene is going to his sister's for their Christmas Eve Murder Mystery event and he will be busy. Fine by me I get the house to myself !! I read an interesting article on Eating Disorders and learnt some new things I never knew if your interested here is the link: https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/with-eating-disorders-on-the-rise-in-canada-experts-break-down-common-myths-1.6175406
    Be sure to open in a new tab/window so you can keep your chat window intact.
    @Tabatha_Cain have a wonderful time and getting up and moving will warm you up - you can also put on socks and sweaters to help keep you warm. Step outside for a bit then inside, you will find the warmth of the temp on the inside! lol
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I am looking forward to my invite to the new team I selected. don't worry like a bad penny I be back to the lion's den next round. BUT you better take better care of yourself - this is the third beginning of new season that you have been away sick, I be watching and need you to be as healthy as you can. So does Izzy ... give her a pet or two for me. AND a treat!!
    I won't post pictures of rain cause you all know what it looks like - and I hear planes taking off and landing all night long and all this morning, so the airport must be clearing their runways pretty good then. Still a mess out there, so be careful all and be safe !!
    Happy Caturday !!
    gcjptoxpbsyl.gif
  • Dpecora653
    Dpecora653 Posts: 4,108 Member
    Options
    4g07flatzlix.jpg

Thought of the day:

1 Very Important Holiday Reminder

The best gifts are not to be found wrapped in a box.
    They are the ones you wrap in a hug.
    Treasure the people who have been there for you no matter what.

Merry Christmas :)
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,447 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all having a good morning. Happy Holidays to those who celebrate some sort of holiday today. I am going to be very busy cooking all day long and well not much time for anything else. We will open presents and then we will have food and then we will play games. This is going to be a good Christmas. I know it is. I can tell. This is my first Christmas with Joe again after 24 years. Last time we were in high school so we really didn't get to spend the whole Christmas together. I don't even remember what I got him for Christmas. I don't even think I was working yet to get him anything. I cannot remember. It is so long ago. So this will be the first time getting him presents that I know of.

@NovemberGail - We have a little more snow on the ground than a dusting, but everything is all still good. We still have our white Christmas.
    @LindieMaeP - That is true. Their house is just so cold. Not so at home at all. It is chilly but not their cold. We don't have to layer up at home like we do at Joe's parents house.

Well it is time to get cleaning. I hope you all have a great Christmas.

Tabatha
  • gouldsgranite
    gouldsgranite Posts: 3,745 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas 5% challengers!

Stay warm & cozy.

Have a great holiday🎁☃️🎄❤🙏
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    It’s 11 feels like 5 with a high of 29 for today. Insight Timer Quote: Christmas magic is silent. You don’t hear it-you feel it. You know it. You believe it.—Kevin Alan Milne I AM: I am in charge of how I feel and today I am choosing happiness. Axe Sharpening: You’ll be more prepared to handle life’s stressors when you’re well practiced in handling uncomfortable moments.—Cavan Valance 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Treat everyone with kindness today, including yourself Fitness Quote for today: There is only one road to success and it’s called Hard Work—gymaholic Motivational quote for today: Anxiety is the mind exaggerating what ifs, know that you can handle any situation and know that you will be okay.—unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 14,469 steps yesterday.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,746 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas 🎄 everyone! It's a cold day here today. My daughter says hello to all. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! One of my good friends is looking after them for me while I am away for the Christmas holidays. I got in a short run earlier this morning and I really enjoyed it. When the weather is very cold outside, I do my workouts indoors. I went for a walk a while ago and I feel great! I'll be doing some dancing later on. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.