Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,050 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all hope your Sunday is going very well.
    @LindieMaeP - that is a lot of snow. It was cold here but thank goodness no snow, 29 in morning when we woke up, up to 53 right now. Bright and sunny even if cold. Winter and Christmassy weather.
    Hugs and blessings all.

Some diet humor
    unolwnid5sax.jpg
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    bwl8gn654zii.jpg
    And a whole lot more then this morning, it is now afternoon and I went out to the park kitty corner from where I live and got pictures before the snow is disturbed too much by the activity of life !! AND it is COLD !! @Dianedoessmiles1 neener neener lol here's your snow eh !! 😁💋💋
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,561 Member
    Options
    @Dpecora653 ,,, AGREE!!
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, Could you perhaps have long haul covid? Awww TY TY TY TY the pot luck went SO WELL it's not even funny!! It was better than we ever thought it could be even. The Yankee Swap, was very very good too.
    @Patti241,, HI Patti!! Hope you enjoyed the sun.
    @Lindiemaep ,,, LOVE SNOW!! Today I barely had any on our car. It was so funny!! We did get 4.2"s. Glad your D can use the food. LOL On your post about no snow, it's here, just not on the car (it was also windy).
    @Kurtize ,,, HAHAHAHA OH I LAUGHED SO HARD!!! LOLOLOL TY TY TY TY
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,572 Member
    Options
    Just to give everyone a heads up I'll be posting sparingly until Friday at the latest. My computer died this evening and I won't have my new one until later in the week.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    macrat12 wrote: »
    Just to give everyone a heads up I'll be posting sparingly until Friday at the latest. My computer died this evening and I won't have my new one until later in the week.

OH Sarah!! SO VERY VERY VERY SORRY!!! I'm going to email you. Please do look at it As soon as you can.

• katiecondy1
    katiecondy1 Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    The Raven video was so neat..thank you!!
    Ahhh snow..we have yet to see any, I do have a sense that this is going to be a very dry winter for us. Cold but not much moisture that is for sure so far.
    The knee is a bit problematic..I will be setting up appointments but suspect it will be the first of the year before much gets done. Funny how such a small thing..just stepping wrong , can sideline you. Just glad it happened during the break cause my steps and exercise are down to low numbers for sure!!
    Running late tonight..started watching Sound of Music ,,tis almost done. Such an inspirational story .
    I hope all have a good week..no matter what your faith or practice tis a time of year to focus on the good and loving nature of our fellow humans, there are so many good people out there sadly they are not the ones that end up on the news. Too bad that being nice doesn't bring as much attention as being a bad guy does. So the short focus of this time is desperately needed..carry it in your hearts throughout the year.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Katiecondy1 ,,, I'd be HAPPY to share our snow with you, but we've barely have had any. Yesterdays storm was our "biggest" one so far and it was only 4.2". That's NOT A STORM!! Shoot it's barely even noticeable. Except by hehehehehe all of those who RUSHED UP HERE to live in the TOP CITY of Maine in 2021 (FOOLS! We think someone from the city got someone to write the article!) without even THINKING WE GET COLD AND SNOW usually from Nov through the start of April at least a little bit of it in November (Though we can get a good size one). They get out on the road and figure going 50 in a 35 and they can still stop on a dime. Entertaining as long as they do not hit anyone. I agree there are MANY SO MANY nice people still around. We see it daily, shoot many of us daily do nice things for others. The other day when I was shopping saw this sweet little old lady who couldn't been even 4'9" reaching up for bread, so I was nice and put it on the top shelf for her. Her face looked surprised, I thought "Oh she must love a challenge!" Nah,,,, I asked her what could I reach for her. It's the small things. If someone is lonely and they want a small conversation I am willing to listen. It helps to make their day. Smiles all around that helps too. Helping someone pay for their groceries is a PLUS PLUS TOO! I will not though pay for booze. LOL that shouldn't even be in their if they do have enough money.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,434 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. I am super tired this morning. I don't feel rested at all. Well not really. I don't feel like I got to relax this weekend. I felt like I was always on the go. Which is weird because Joe's parents are definitely a relax site for me. I wonder if that is not going to be the case anymore.

@LindieMaeP - That is weird that you are getting snow and thunder. My parents were both raised in the area. My Dad is Battle Creek and My Mom in Kalamazoo. I am not sure they ever ventured toward the detroit area as kids. I will have to ask my Mom about Bill Kennedy.
    @Kurtize - That is what happened to me.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - That is good that both events went well. I am not sure about the long hauler. A lot of people have told me it takes a while to recover and get back to normal from Covid.
    @katiecondy1 - Hopefully you get an appointment for you knee sooner that next year.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,321 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    Good morning everyone, it's a cold one indeed - but one load of laundry done and folded now to put away maybe later lol Oddly enough they were not all that hot once out of the dryer, the clothes got cold fast! Gene got home late last night, instead of a 6 hour shift it turned out to be a 12.5 hour shift he's not suppose to do, I reminded him, that he should say no next time. He's still sleeping and so would I be !
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I put the link to the movie on the blog so you can just click it and watch. The snow is coming back today or tonight ! GO AWAY lol I have had enough !! The next storm is coming from the Island !! They will get more then us so we maybe will get just a flurry or two.
    @katiecondy1 I am sure you will find some good ways to do your exercise and get your steps in manually - I suggest you go on your smart watch or fitbit or what ever you use and lower the requirement - I did that when I was not able to do 10,000 anymore -I lowered it to 6000 so that I could acheive that and see that - it helped a lot and was still encouraging. I belive there are other strenth exercises you can do sitting that can count as time too.
    @macrat12 I am sorry you lost your computer, or rather it died on you, I am waiting for this one to die, I dont' like it and naturlaly because I do not like it, it will not die LOL I hope your new computer comes as quickly as it can. You can post from a smart phone if you have one but it can be a bit tedious.
    @Tabatha_Cain do give yourself more time to get over the covid, while you are no longer a carrier to others, you will find you are tired more - I found it took me a good month to 6 weeks to finally have my normal energy back. I would think this time of year stresses a lot of people so I am not surrprised you did not rest as much as you thought you would with the soon to be inlaws. I hope your work day goes well today. I was trying to think what channel Bill Kennedy at the Movies was on - I remember we did not have cable back in those days but "rabbit ears" that brought in the signal and of course we were not that far away from the tv tower that sent out the signal - I think we only got a few channels - 2 was Canadian, 4 was American, NBC I think, 7 was another one - and so on and so on .. lol it's been so long and of course we have cable now.
    @everyone have a marvelous Monday - you can if you want to! I want to !!
    b2d9in7p23ew.gif

• NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    I had a little hiatus and enjoyed a bit more quiet than usual. All the reading is caught up, and as usual, there is a lot I missed. @katiecondy1: Glad to hear the knee is a bit better and wish with you that the knee would heal faster. @Tabatha_Cain: Hearing folks with the aftermath of Covid recalls for me when I was in bed for almost three months with Mono. I got so down and hope that you can keep your spirits up surrounded by your loving families.
    @Dianedoessmiles1: You always make me laugh. What a gift you have!
    @LindieMaeP: Enjoy the snow pics.
    @macrat12: Hoping you have no major snags in getting your new computer up and running!

Yesterday Billie took me on two walks. One was not in my plans. She started chasing cars and I had to redirect her to exploring another trail. After that she went right back to her sport. If I could catch her, I would put her on a leash and take her back into the house. She won't let me near her. Even on our walks she stays just far enough to keep me in her sight. In between the chases, I raked up another load of Sweetgum balls. I bet I will have another two raking to go before they are all off the tree.

Word for the day: Inspiration
    3u2j4kjwah14.jpg
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,936 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -I’m behind by more than a week but yay on sleep! That’s awesome you got the 8 hours. Hopefully there have been more since!
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,936 Member
    Options
    @cormierannie -congrats to your daughter! My daughter is going for music so we still have time til we hear where she is going.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain,, Hope the day went well and you are able to relax tonight some! Being tired, is very very tiring (that may not make sense to some, but those who are go through it, sure do understand it).
    @Dpecora653,, AGREE Debbie!! One can be a positive person, but still we live in the same world, not everything is all sunshine, but we choose to make the best of it as we can.
    @Patti241,, HI Patti! OH MAN what they are saying for Friday!! PLEASE WE are in the low 30s, and the weekend in the 20's, but on FRIDAY with a STORM coming? 52!! I AM SO DISCUSTED!! You?
    @Lindiemaep ,, TY TY TY TY Linda!! Got it!! AWESOME!! SO APPRECIATED!!
    @Novembergail,, So glad you got to relax some!! Everyone needs that. Laughter helps for sure. Ohhh BILLIE ,, OH BILLIE!! Dearest BILLIE please stay right with Mom! She's such a funny dog!!
    @Bookienj,, OH hon!! SURE HOPE You can get some sleep in!! OH MAN!!
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 glad you got it as it really does help put all the pieces together; such "gems" ... Gene has gone out, after doing a 12.5 hour shift, he needed to go out - he was invited to a Christmas dinner at his sister's and was told to bring a 10.00 gift - they are going to put string on them, then hide them except the string - all string the same and everyone gets to pull a string. Well that is Charise who has put all this together along with a Christmas Eve Murder Mystery dinner - I will not be going to either one, I'll stay home and do some good reading and still have good food here. I don't feel like I am missing anything. It's been trying to snow all day but it is so cold it is icy on the streets so no going out today and small exercise minutes here and there. WELL Gene is back, his aunt took him to where he needed to go, good thing as all he was wearing was a hoody !!!
    Time to go make dinner ...
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Sorry I have been MIA. Busy plus password issues. Everyone has been busy! Did my best to read the 33 posts since I was last on.

I have my feelers out about possible jobs. That includes my Minister. Definitely need to get that darn food handlers certificate. But no postings for the exam dates. So will have to call the health unit and find out. If I don't get a job then life goes back to the way it was 3 months ago before the job.

So Saturday I spent the day baking and wrapping Christmas presents for our family Christmas yesterday. Didn't get to bed till midnight Saturday. Got up at 6 am Sunday to get ready for Church. Went to church and got lots of support about my job situation. Even had myself put on the prayer list. When I got home from Church I finished getting ready to leave for family Christmas. Got home fairly early last night and couldn't log on to MFP as I couldn't remember my password or find it. I hate when MFP makes me log back in. Any ways as you can tell I figured out where I wrote it. Lots of calories this week not sure the scale will be happy tomorrow with the lack of exercise. Oh well what will be will be.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @LindiemaeP ,,, I agree with you. Must be cold since Gene is wearing a hat!! I have a friend who moved up here in the summer. LOL From Florida she grew up there. Ohhh it's kinda funny and fun seeing this through her eyes. This AM she took me to the Dr's office and came in with me. We were in our parking lot and she screams "OHHHHH THAT'S SO PRETTY!" I couldn't understand why "THE ICE ON MY WINDOWS" I just laughed. But, as a kid I had thought so. I got that!
    @Cseguin2,, I go through that with MFP from time to time. If you are on your computer or tablet just open up another window and it'll take you right on. NO CLUE why it does that, but it does. I know my PW, but LOLOLOL I AM JUST LAZY!!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,434 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is going to be a good day. I am ready to relax and have a good weekend. I cannot believe that today is Tuesday already and that Christmas is Sunday. Wow, time flies right on by. I hope things work out well for everyone.

@LindieMaeP - That is a long time to work. Yeah my dry clothes don't stay warm that long either. I do remember the rabbit ears and that there were only a few channels. We were not allowed to touch the rabbit ears. My Dad had them set perfectly.
    @NovemberGail - I am tired a lot lately due to covid. I feel like half way through the day I need a nap. That is tough that Billie won't let you near her to put a leash on her. I would be so worried.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - You are so right. I feel like it was hard to relax last night, but I did get some relaxing in.
    @CSEGUIN2 - Sorry you have to find a different job. I do hope you find something soon. That food certificate sure would help I am sure. Hopefully you can get a hold of someone and they can tell you when you can get in and take the test.

Well it is time to get some food. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Dpecora653
    Dpecora653 Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    s3by8dhg5mtx.jpg

Thought of the day:

Being positive doesn't mean ignoring the negative.
    Being positive means overcoming the negative.
    There is a big difference!

Have a Thoughtful Tuesday :)