• Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,321 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,572 Member
    Options
    It's 31 feels like 23 with a high of 33 for today. My apologies for no quotes yesterday and today. Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 13,765 steps yesterday. Training plan for today: Chest/Shoulders/Triceps in the gym after breakfast.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    rpr7ynvpbq35.jpg
    6jixfe582orx.jpg
    This morning's snow fall at 5 am - it is STILL snowing, so looks like I better find a way to get around in a couple of days, Some sidewalks will be cleared, others no ... the streets are ice so have to be careful. For today I can look out and enjoy that I do not have to be out in it. I'll be back later, wanted to share the pics...
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,731 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! It's a mostly cloudy and cool day here today. My daughter says hello to all. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I went for a long run earlier this morning and I really enjoyed it. I went for a walk a while ago and I feel great! I'll be doing some dancing later on. I'm finally finished my Christmas shopping. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,561 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, By the time you see this ,, WOOHOO it's pre pre FRIDAY EVE!!! (If you are seeing this on weds). Its horrible to have such a tiredness. I have fibromyalgia and it can knock ya on the butt and in bed!! Add in heart failure, and OH YEAH!! But, I am so fortunate in not working so I can lay down as needed. Hopefully over the next month or so you'll be back to your normal energy level.
    @Dpecora653,, Love that Debbie!! TY!!
    @Patti241,,, Are you over and done with the grocery store? I just glanced out my window and YO it's like a Saturday AM, but not quite the level of a Sunday early Afternoon. ALMOST THOUGH!! I think I can see 3 parking spaces left.
    @Macrat12,, HI Sarah
    @LindiemaeP ,, do you have any cy4kmqx2k9w9.png
    These REALLY SAVE me so many times!!! Our parking lot is right on the water, as the ice melts some (or snow) in the day, it very quickly freezes at night all the time. These keep me upright!
    Pretty pics. TY
    @Cormierannie,,, ENJOY the day also please!! WOOHOO!!
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,050 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday, we are expecting extremely cold weather in the next few days, mornings in between 2-16 degrees and highs in low 50's maybe. Some say we will get snow for Christmas, we shall see. Wishing you a great rest of the day and evening. Hugs and blessings.

Today's affirmation: I chose to release all my attachments. - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 NO, I haji0fuow3aanv.jpg
    ve these
    8e4ghps77dk8.jpg
    These are WindRiver which do have tarantula grips on the soles - however, the toe box is way too tight even with light socks my toes are scrunched and these are a size 10! Plus my orthotics do not fit in them, I will have to wear them Thursday until I can get to some place next year where I can buy proper boots. I take it that is your ice grips ... I think Natasha has some for her shoes too. I pretty well live in my runners which are a man's size 8 and an E4 for width - the widest I can get due to the orthotics. Sadly I inherited my mother's wide feet ... Now that the snow has passed we are in a deep freeze - till Thursday and due to today's inclement weather all meeting on Zoom tonight for everyone. Well we did that last week too - such a blessing to have zoom !!
    I have been watching the birds play in the snow and chase each other and what not. The cutest moment was when a crow landed in a snow drift and sank a bit !! LOL He sat for a moment then figured out how to get out ... I think I am getting cabin fever though... I am getting extremely bored at not being able to go out for a walk safely....I will live and this too will pass LOL
    @everyone if you are in the path of this latest Jetstream coming from Sibera, stay safe, and warm as you can.
    3zonam0szlzs.gif

• katiecondy1
    katiecondy1 Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    WOW..thas some nice boots..too bad your orthotics won't fit in them..sure look warm and comfy!!
    I made some calls and of course everyone is booking in the New Year..thas ok. I just am not real excited to hear what an ortho doc is gonna say. l really wanna go out with as many original parts as possible not metal or plastic replacements. By the time I get in to see him I will be better and won't really need to get it...at least that is my plan. Injections..nope..they wear off too fast and are too painful. replacements , hmmm too many seem to fail or not even make it..so not thinking that looks likely. Suck it up and deal with it..yep that sounds like my story there!!
    Been lax on exercise due to sleeping a lot..can't sleep at night with pain levels..then find me drifting off multiple times during the day. Which leads to more can't sleep at night behaviors. Just fell asleep while typing ..half a page of //////// before I woke up!! Accepting that you can't push like you once did..you can't shove thru it as you once did and you have to BIG GULP here,,,ask for help!! Thas a big one for me..a really big one. I have always been the one they came to for help,,the rock in the storm..and it is not easy to turn around to ask someone to do something simple and easy..but on the other side of the room ..so getting there would be painful and would wear me out...grrrrr! Indeed nurses are not good patients..and hard headed independent nurses are really not good patients!! Thas me folks!! sigh...
    I am doing what I can ,,when I can and thas about all anyone can ask right now. Speaking of which..I am gonna throw together some sgetti and such..my tummy is churning...reckon it is time to feed me!!
    Nite ya'al ..have a good rest as we head to Midweek!!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was cold with some sun. Gained 4 lbs this week. The weight recorders thought I was crazy for being happy about the gain. I explained I wasn't happy about the gain. I was happy that I haven't lost my 100 lb loss status. It's getting close. But I think the scale will start to change soon. I can do this.

So there's getting to be more stress at work with the residents. They're not liking the fact that our takeout supplies are limited to a couple size containers. All we can do is tell them that we have asked housing to get them as they are the one who supplies them and they are refusing to provide them.

Yesterday I had a sore shoulder as I hurt it before work. Today I hurt my hip. It's so painful that I can't bend, lift heavy things or turn much. This makes work extremely difficult. Thank goodness everyone is understanding and able to help with the lifting and carrying of heavy things. I did do it a couple of times and paid dearly for it with extreme pain and almost dropping the dinner. I hope tomorrow it's better as I have way to much at work to do to get ready for the Christmas dinner for the residents on Thursday.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,936 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 well I went to sleep at 10 last night but my dog needed to go out at 3am. She came back in and I went back fl sleep til 5:55!
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Good evening all,

Billie stayed with me the whole day. That was good. We took a walk again today and she didn't chase one car. On Thursday, snow is in the forecast along with temperatures hovering at zero. So more snow pictures will be on the way and Billie and I will probably be indoors for awhile.

One anecdote about my cat, Catawissa. When he wants my attention, he takes his paw and pokes me with just one nail. They say every cat as their own unique gift. Well, that must be Catawissa's. Cricket would rather stay unseen. I have a special nest that I create in my bed and he comes in after I am asleep and nestles near me. He has taken so long to warm up to me.

Tomorrow's words are light and education.

My horse photo for the night.

w8lv9lq8of3g.jpg

I don't think I want to know what she was trying to tell me.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    edited December 2022
    Options
    @Kurtize, where are you? 50s in the day snow at night,, NEAT!! It'll not last, but that's very cold for you to be from your comment. PLEASE BE SAFE.
    @Katiecondy1 ,, Oh the moderation thing when injured/sick is the PITS!! I've had so many cram it down my throat that I'm learning to say "yes" though it's NOT COMFY!! Please be careful my dearah friend and co trouble makah!! LOL Excited to have ya back!! Do not worry about the exercise! TAKE CARE OF YOU!! When you are able to move slightly please do so slowly and build up very very slowly.
    @Cseguin2 ,, PLEASE PLEASE ASK For help!! Its not worth it to be further injured, and since your co workers etc. are willing to help you, please let them. Its easy to see you are such a kind, sweet person it's no wonder they do not want you injured. SO SORRY you are going through this. UGH on the container situation!
    @Bookienj,,, Sounds great to sleep so well!! SORRY the dog needed to go out, but it's so much better than the ones who choose to go and OOPS the feet find it in the AM!! Or the owners and I'll never ever understand this, who choose to not get up. Poor doggies. Of course some are puppy pad trained which makes sense in many ways. We live in a high rise there are probably 10 dogs here (NO CLUE how many cats, but they do not go out ,, any of them) of which some owners are now to old to be bringing them outside. THANKFULLY we also have MANY dog lovers here who line up and volunteer to walk the dogs as much as the owners wish!! I TRIED in 2020 to get on the list as a walker, but there were so many already in line waiting to do so, LOL well hey it was a fun idea! We are so fortunate because in many 55 Plus places a bunch of people will sit out at the entrance and they are CRUEL!! The building next door is such, we often hear the complaints. In our building we've talked to people about NOT sitting in the lobby, but to use the 2nd floor community room. It worked here they hated it at first, but it's stuck, its been 4 years since they've sat down there. I am so happy about that. it helps everyone to be kinder to each other. The other day I was watching Seinfeld in which Kramer decided people in the building needed to be friendier so he put up everyone's picture with their name. Of course Jerry hated that, I was laughing so hard!! Living here it could be quite a comedy!! SHHHHH!!
    @Novembergail,, Awww Catawissa is a great kitty cat!! If I can't sleep well Izzy will come back in and purr and purr me to sleep. Its the sweetest thing!! Awwww Cricket, your Momma is golden.
    @Lindiemaep ,, Love the snow as you know!! Is your rent? I WORRY about so many who may not be able to pay for fuel. OF COURSE THE WORSE electric company even WORSE THEN PG&E (California) is CMP (Central Maine Power) which covers most of Maine including where I am. The bills are LOVELY because they are so greedy in JANUARY they are going up get this,, 49% THAT IS NOT A TYPO!! IT is 49%. MAN!! Today they refused to give a $75 credit to any who are low income. YO!!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,434 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all having a good morning. Today is going to be a good day. I am hoping we will be full staffed at work. I mentioned to my boss that I feel like we need to be using masks at work if you are stick and he did not respond to me at all. I don't think he likes the idea of us all having to wear masks when people are sick. I stand by it. I am not going to be running around with people who are sick.

@LindieMaeP - That is beautiful. We are getting 8 to 17 inches from Thursday to Friday on the snow. Sorry about your boots not fitting right. I hope you can find good replacements.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - That would be nice. After the holidays I have to get back to the gym. I need to get better at working out. Maybe I should get some of those things that go over the shoes for Joe. Don't need him killing himself on my steps and driveway this winter.
    @Kurtize - We are expecting extreme cold and 8-17 inches of snow Thursday and Friday.
    @katiecondy1 - I feel tired a lot too. Hopefully they find a way to manage your pain and heal that knee. That would be ideal
    @CSEGUIN2 - I have weeks like that. One body part and then another will hurt and it stinks. It is nice that your co-workers will help you out.
    @NovemberGail - My cats all have special ways of getting my attention. Some more irritating than others. I love my cats though. They are all special to me in some way.

Well it is time to get some food. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Dpecora653
    Dpecora653 Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    sihtkjqjrer3.jpg

Thought of the day:
    Life is all about balance.
    What to hold on to and what to let go of!

Have a Wisdom of the Day Wednesday :)
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,321 Member
    Options
    Good morning
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,572 Member
    Options
    It's 24 feels like 17 with a high of 43 for today. My new computer should arrive today so will set it up this evening and back to quotes tomorrow. Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 13,136 steps yesterday. Training plan for today: At Home SYLL Back/Biceps after breakfast.
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    The snow seems to have settled for now and the brrrrrr cold has now hit - it is currently 21F feeling like 10 F - the high today will be 19F and the low will be 14F feeling like -2 - good thing I plan on sleeping then. I feel for those who maybe have no heat or are living in tents - there are warming stations open but they are full! My own nephew who is currently homeless is staying with my daughter for now ... we also have more snow in the forcast for Friday!! The city is now starting to fine home owners who do not clear their sidewalks sufficiently they had a lot of complaints on the previous snowfall and never cleared the sidewalks at all.
    @Tabatha_Cain I hope I can find some boots as well I am thinking that I won't be able to find boots under 200 for my needs and if they are only used in winter then splurging on maybe 300 might be my option since they will be good for many seasons as long as I last many seasons LOL My son wears a mask at work - here it is not mandetory but also folks should not object if someone does. Wear your mask if it makes you feel safe. Not everyone wants to wear one. Would you belive the news item voted the news item of the year was the trucker convoy/blockade? AS IF there was nothing more important, but it seems it was important to someone eh!!
    @NovemberGail ahhh she just wanted to whisper sweet nothings in your ear hoping for a carrot or apple !!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 yes our heat is included in our rent. The thermastat that controls the heat is in the basement, so depending on how cold it gets that furnace should blast out. HOWEVER if it does not the owner WILL provide space heaters to be used. He did in his other building, so I know he would here too. He is very caring for a business man.
    @everyone if you have inclement weather so stay safe and if you go out, do dress accordingly. While I sit in shorts in my apartment, I will be wearing jeans when I go out later today. I am out of a few things I can pick up at the local skytrain station and it is a 10 minute bus ride. I can also walk home from there easily if needed and stop at my sisters for warming up if needed.
    aauu3f29nej2.gif
    Oh how appropriate, my daughter goes by DEE lol
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain ,, Have you asked your coworkers if they'd be offended if you wear a mask without making a big deal of it? That you hate being sick. I am sure I'd have no issues with it. I'd not even mention covid (some still don't believe it exists)I now always go with "I've not had the flu in over 2 years!! Every year I get it and get it badly, this way I shouldn't." And absolutely agrees with that. There were 2 young kids (Well early 20s) behind me coughing away in the grocery store, back when masks were supposed to be worn. I said the above "I've not had the flu in 2 years, this really helps me. ,,, ,,, ,,," And they both went "Oh we didn't think of that!" and pulled out their masks. SWEET!!!
    @Dpecora653 ,, Agree. LOL At this age I am so done and way over others drama. NOT the real stuff, but the ones who like to stir up drama or those who like to take advantage of others. I was texting a friend who lives here, she's exhausted so many go to her about "This one said, did" I told her "I stopped that eons ago." and how. I am so much happier.
    @Patti241 ,, HI Patti!! Hope you enjoyed the sunshine. WOW it's GORGEOUS outside!! It was 32 when I went out, hardly any wind today. I was FINE in my light sweatshirt, took it off LOL I was fine.
    @Macrat12,,, Hope you do get your computer today!! I need to pause, run downstairs and get my package that came in. In it is a fire blanket (Something we hope to NEVER HAVE TO USE, but it's so much better than a fire extinguisher in that it doesn't get any chemicals all over the place) and it has some pretty colorful disposable masks.
    @Dlbeasyrider,, ,Dave so many think it has to be done and off right now, to be perfect at it. But of course any of us doing this for a time know we at times will eat as we want (NOT AT ALL A BAD THING!) we WILL gain weight. We will lose weight, along the way hopefully we let go of the added stress to ourselves on "being the best" and just ahhhhhh relaxing, accepting. It feels so much better when I do not "demand" things of myself, Oh I'll still shoot for things, but If I do not do them, or partly do them that's okay too!! There's a special contentment that comes with the knowledge of just loving who we are instead of wanting others to love us (Which of course we want/need) but once we love ourselves, WOW that's GOLD! Ty for the post it reminded me how far I've come along.
    @LIndiemaeP ,, Brrr dress up SUPAH WARMLY if you do go out!! I went out today, but in the low 30s with no wind isn't cold to me. Have you looked at UGG boots? I got the off name brand of UGGS Bearpaws for around 60 (Sale) on Amazon. My feet are a XXL and I'm able to wear them easily. It's a pain buying boots online, but I also wanted PURPLE so LOLOL I needed to do it this way. I have a friend who wears 4EEEE. I never ever go shopping with her, it's a total melt down. Wicked cool your LL cares so much and rightfully so, but sadly it's a rarity. I do think of the many who freeze here each year. The homeless who will not or can not get into a shelter. Portland is the largest city in Maine, so of course it's a magnet. There are also many services for the homeless here, sadly never ever enough homes for some. We both know the only solution.

• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,050 Member
    Options
    Happy mid week. Looking forward to Christmas, we have no plans but it is one of my favorite times of the year. Our son and his partner are coming the day after Christmas. Looking forward to that. Not much else new. Cold the in mornings, little warmer later in day. Prayers and hugs to all who need them.
    Have a great rest of the day.

Short Poems for A Great Life
    By Susanne Alexander-Heaton

Live life fully
    “We are all only dancing on this earth a short time,
    So be sure to dance with a happy song in your mind.
    Dance loudly, dance strongly to the heavens above,
    But most of all, dance with your heart full of love.”