Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• redgolden966
    redgolden966 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Folks... I got on the scale for the first time in two weeks. OMGosh. I need to get some serious motivation... how could I gain that much so quickly??? Anyone know when the new challenge will start? It won't be soon enough for me. Glad to see everyone is in the spirit...and trying to stay warm!
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,651 Member
    Options
    Good morning, just dropping by to say hello and wave to you all as I head out to the optomitrist to deal with these new glasses. They work great but the reading pane is off so that has to be adjusted. Plus they slip a bit so that too adjusted. They are under a 2 year warnety so that is ok.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 your ferris wheel looks great, once done what'cha gonna do ? lol
    @Tabatha_Cain hope the next 4 days of work go smooth and easy. I think people just assume they get 24/7 service no matter where they deal. I wanted to call my optomitrist but new yesterday and Sunday was a holiday - but today was not sure. So I called and someone answered. Woohoo I get the glasses fixed.
    Have a good day everyone !!
    l1k5x9pd7dbv.gif

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,579 Member
    Options
    @Dpecora653 ,, Totally agree Debbie! TY TY!!
    @Tabatha_Cain,,, So many were confused by yesterday being a holiday. I was SHOCKED my Dr's office was open. They called me. I loved the shorter weeks too!! LOL ENJOY!! ENJOY!!
    @Macrat12,,, Sarah that IS COLD!!
    @Patti241,, I think of summer and how HOT it was, and LOL I loving the cooler days. Of course some are struggling money wise with heat which is so not right. Are you able to stay warm?
    @redgolden966 ,,, When it comes on fast once we get back into our normal routine with tracking, calories being in range, it'll come right back off,,, fast. The Practice week will start on Saturday. In the meantime are you doing the COUNT DOWN Activities? These help so many of us who choose to do them, it helps to be organized, and SO MOTIVATED TO DO THIS!! WOOHOO!! Those are on the 2023 Winter 5% Challenge team page. Here's the link: (they are under the Discussion Feeds
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/143963-2023-winter-5-community-team-plz-join-us
    @Lindiemaep ,,, It's so common for newer glasses to need to be readjusted,,, often. Mine are now about 18 months old and have been adjusted 4 times so far. LOL I SHOULD of gotten them someplace closer to where I live it's a 25 min drive to that side of Portland. Portland drivers are "unique" (CRAZY!) part of Portland keeps closing a main street ,, well one out of 2 lanes. Since its the main street out of this end of the city I am into Portland YO it's NUTS!! Thankfully it's a one way street (Had a friend I was a passenger in her car, she went down a ONE STREET THE WRONG WAY!! I was in such a PANIC she had NO CLUE!! When I said "Its a ONE WAY STREET You are going down the WRONG WAY" Her answer was,, and she was so SERIOUS "I AM GOING ONE WAY!!" Oh my OH MY!! OH MY!!!
  • jeanhickokhaley
    jeanhickokhaley Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Hello all, and thank you to all of the leaders for all you do for the teams. Have invitations gone out yet? (Rain Dancers)
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    @jeanhickokhaley yes the Rain Dancers have gone out but not sure if all are I am on that team this round, see ya there eh !! Check your bell notices, I found mine there but only because I turned on the notice to buzz me when someone invites me to a team.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 been there done that on the one way with a brand new car ... fortunately it was way early in the morning and no traffic .. phewwww lolololol ... good news I do NOT drive anymore !!! I stayed local for the glasses to give the local community support. I could have gone to a warehouse and got them for half the price made right there. maybe the next pair .. Part off the issue is the lense is much bigger then what I was used to and am using at the moment.
  • hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,362 Member
    Options
    Hello all, and thank you to all of the leaders for all you do for the teams. Have invitations gone out yet? (Rain Dancers)

Invites would not have gone out before today (12/27/22) ~ ... look for yours!
  • jeanhickokhaley
    Options
    @LindieMaeP I have the buzz on as well. So far no invite, maybe later in the day. See ya there!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,579 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    @LindieMaeP I have the buzz on as well. So far no invite, maybe later in the day. See ya there!
    hicim705 Posts: 2,417 Member
    5:44PM

jeanhickokhaley wrote: »

@hicim705 Posts: 2,417 Member
    5:44PM Invites would not have gone out before today (12/27/22) ~ ... look for yours!

Here's how to find your invite if you haven't yet. HOW COOL you get to be with HEIDI!!! On the RED HOTS (Formally Red Hot Chili Steppers)!! Oh you'll have a GRAND TIME!!!
    n1ndko4xybtw.png
  • jeanhickokhaley
    Options
    Got it, thanks! :)
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,447 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all having a great morning. Today is Wednesday. I am working on finishing the week strong. Yesterday was not to terribly bad. Today is going to be slightly rough. It will be alright though. We only have 2 days left of this week. It is going to be great.

@LindieMaeP - That is great that you get your glasses fixed. I am glad they were open for you. My glasses need fixed but because I did not get the warranty they will not fix them or replace them. So they will not do anything for me
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I am surprised your doctor was open. Joe works as a patient registrar in the medical field. His work was closed on Monday for the Holiday and so were all the doctors offices he services. Way to go on completing the Ferris wheel. It looks great. They are going to get a kick out of it and have so much fun playing with it.

Well it is time to get some food. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,346 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    It’s 42 feels like 33 with a high of 54 for today. Insight Timer Quote: You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind.—Yoko Ono I AM: I refuse to stay stuck in a place that doesn’t suit me. Axe Sharpening: Discipline is forcing yourself to do things, even when you don’t want to, knowing it will lead to the results you want.—Nick Weite 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Be kind to the planet. Eat less meat and use less energy. Fitness quote for today: Push yourself because, no one else is going to do it for you.—courtesy of fitness quotes app. Motivational quote for today: Create the life you want to live and live it every day. Days become weeks, weeks become months and months become years.—Unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 12,453 steps yesterday. Training plan for today: Gym SYLL Legs/Glutes workout after breakfast.
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    Ha Ha myfitness pal having issues, I can't get into group except through bell notice, this is what I get:
    nceeim8zczjx.png
    I'll just use older notices to get into groups and see what is going on ... life is good eh !!
    @Tabatha_Cain I was concerned that this fix might not be covered, the glasses do have a 2 year warrenty - I did pay out 713.00 total for them. Not gonna be happy if I have to pay for this "fix" that should have been done right in the first place. Hope you have a good day today !!
    @Dpecora653 so true, but oh so hard to do as sometimes we are just so hard on ourselves being our own critic. A day of reflecting on what is positive would be a break from that routine. I know I try to think of what I do right not what I do wrong and I try to think what I do wrong as a learning ground for bettering in time.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 well you gotter done eh !! You can show case it to your grandson and explain it is not a toy like a carosel that goes around, you can watch but nothing really to play with. I have one somewhere someone gave me some time lol I think the dust bunnies like it more. I also have a dolphin thingy that I need to check out to see if I left any batteries in it that has busted.... oh such is the life!!
    @everyone have a great day today, it's hump day half way to the weekend we all enjoy !!

• NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    @LindieMaeP: thank you for showing a run around for the access denied problem. You saved me a lot of wasted energy especially emotionally!

@Dianedoessmiles1: Love how your Ferris wheel turned out especially--you really understand the nuts and bolts of it (loL). I especially like the bangs and whistles. Your GS will love playing together with you.

@Finally my heart goes out to all suffering because of the winter storms. Kudos for the woman in Buffalo who took in a stranger on Christmas Eve suffering from severe frostbite. What an incredible woman! Prayers for the man that he doesn't have to go through any amputations.

Two words for the day: Compassion and PEACE

• cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,746 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone! it is a mostly cloudy and mild day here today. my daughter says hi to all. she is working at her part time job today. she does not go back to school until the first full week in January 2023. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did my strength training workout earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i dropped off some extra food to the local food bank drop box that is in the grocery store close to my place. i like to help others whenever i can. i will be doing some dancing later on. christmas was good. i got to spend time with my family. i got to see my sister and her boyfriend on christmas day. they are both doing well. one of the presents i got for christmas was a 2023 Bon Jovi calendar. i am a huge Bon Jovi fan, so this present was a very nice surprise. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Marileighea
    Marileighea Posts: 1,506 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Still waiting for the invite…just like in 6th grade. :D My mygroup link is broken, too; hope they get it back up soon. Dd and fam arrive tomorrow…hooray! Have a gr8 week! B)
  • ForeverFitNHealthy
    ForeverFitNHealthy Posts: 1,060 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    My groups also say Access Denied. I found my way here through a different phone I had this thread saved on my desktop and then bookmarked it.

On a phone, I don't have a bell notification i think. I can't find it anyway
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    My groups also say Access Denied. I found my way here through a different phone I had this thread saved on my desktop and then bookmarked it.

On a phone, I don't have a bell notification i think. I can't find it anyway

No my phone has a different bell notification system, mostly for chat but anything I saved as a fav or bookmark or discussion saved I can get into even old ones I don't use anymore cause I forgot to unbookmark them lol You can get to them via desktop by community then scroll down. The list is at the bottom of the page almost.
    Well it still is not fixed but I can get into almost all groups that have a "chat" those that do not have one, see ya later when it is fixed kinda thingy.